What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7360
    even a Pigeon can trigger a GATSO!

http://i.imgur.com/hpiQd.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    mike257 said:
    57Deluxe;1043481" said:
    There are many cases where pulling over for an emergency vehicle either into cross-hatch zone or Bus Lane has resulted in a ticket issued where the local authority will not waive it... So I Never pull over for an emergency vehicle!
    Really?
    Yes.  There was an article in the Sunday Times about it a few months back.  Many people have been fined for bus lane encroachments whilst getting out of the way of emergency vehicles.  Appeals dismissed in most if not all cases.
    Is not a cut and shut case  - you have to jump through hoops and often go to a tribunal to get it dismissed which takes time - and money if you self employed etc...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/politics/13345657.Driver_handed___60_fine_for_letting_police_cars_pass/?ref=rss
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Is that an old Nissan Bluebird ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831
    edited April 2016
    From an RAC discussion forum (and probably apocryphal)...

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. 

One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea. 

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office. Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style: 

"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed. Good Day."
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Alnico said:
    57Deluxe said:

Is that an old Nissan Bluebird ?

No, I think it's a Collar Dove.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    I just got my second bus lane enforcement notice in as many months!! wORST WEEK EVER.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I just got my second bus lane enforcement notice in as many months!! wORST WEEK EVER.
    And that's your worst week ever? What's the second worst, the one where you stubbed your toe?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    thomasross20;1135609" said:
    My stepson hired a car last year when he was back in the UK and got a bus lane enforcement fine (although he didnt realise it at the time). The fine got sent through to the hire company and they forwarded it to him, but for some unfathomable reason he thought he wasn't liable and the hire co would just pay it. He got a bailiffs letter last week for recovery of nonpayment of the fine. £530 including fees and interest.

You stupid boy Pike.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3453
    Buy a motorbike, we're allowed in the bus lanes now :)
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Moe_Zambeek;1135715" said:
    Do you have proof of this I was on my bike and got fined a few months ago for bus lane violation.:)
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Ok so not the worst week ever but these bus lane notices, jeezo!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    Strangefan;1135787" said:
    [quote="Moe_Zambeek;1135715"]Buy a motorbike, we're allowed in the bus lanes now :)
    Do you have proof of this I was on my bike and got fined a few months ago for bus lane violation.:)
    [/quote]

Not all of them can be used by bikes afaik, it's down to each local authority to decide and it's a bit of a minefield. There should be signs up to notify bikers if they can use the bus lane.
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i got a ticket on the M62 a year ago. i was in a massive queue of near stationary traffic. the maximum speed limit was 30 because of roadworks. at no point for about 4 miles did we go above walking pace. they wouldn't admit that it was wrong, i can only assume that everyone else got the same. they must have raked in thousands with that one fucked camera.

the bastards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3453
    Strangefan;1135787" said:
    [quote="Moe_Zambeek;1135715"]Buy a motorbike, we're allowed in the bus lanes now :)
    [/quote]

Yes, we're allowed in Edinburgh, with the exception of one or two bus gates.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    thomasross20;1135791" said:
    Ok so not the worst week ever but these bus lane notices, jeezo!
    Thought of staying out the bus lanes?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    No, we are allowed in some bus lanes, but we have been for a while, there is no one rule for bus lanes.
    All bus lanes have a sign at the start and throughout it with a blue circle showing what is allowed in, motorbikes, bicycles, buses, taxis etc. It is different for each bus lane.
    Don't generalise by district either, in colchester some are bus/bicycle only, some allow motorcycles. If in doubt, don't go in them, carry on the road and eventually there will be a sign telling you.
    Not all of them allow motorbikes, do not assume that is the case.
    Is that not common knowledge?
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4953
    Around here (Bolton/Leigh) many of the bus lanes are only applicable at certain times, usually 7am - 10am and 4pm - 7pm.  

There are ALWAYS big blue signs informing road-users of this, but most of them don't see / can't read them, so the bus lane stays empty even when they could be using it legitimately.  

Gets right on my tits.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    Not everywhere in London, which is a bit of a dirty trick from TFL.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    Nitefly;1135911" said:
    Around here (Bolton/Leigh) many of the bus lanes are only applicable at certain times, usually 7am - 10am and 4pm - 7pm.  

There are ALWAYS big blue signs informing road-users of this, but most of them don't see / can't read them, so the bus lane stays empty even when they could be using it legitimately.  

Gets right on my tits.
    They've cancelled the bus lanes by me. There are some signs up to that effect but they haven't changed the road markings so you get a nearly free lane (although and some dirty looks).

There are some places with No Car Cruising signs which I don't actually understand!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.