How Do I Stop The Tip Of My Knob Falling Off When I Get Overexcited On Stage?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    A dab of clear nail varnish on the tip of the switch works well - slightly easier to break than superglue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited April 2016
    wrap some cellotape around the metal bit for a tighter fit.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    I've used superglue in the past.

TBH, the argument about not being able to remove it in the future doesn't really bother me... I mean, the only time you'd *need* to remove it would be to replace the switch and so banjaxing the hell out of the switch to remove it isn't going to matter at that point...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    impmann said:

TBH, the argument about not being able to remove it in the future doesn't really bother me... I mean, the only time you'd *need* to remove it would be to replace the switch and so banjaxing the hell out of the switch to remove it isn't going to matter at that point...
    Well in that case, Araldite. 

I'd like to see the little blighter fly off once you've stuck it on with that. You could probably wield it around the stage just holding it by the switch tip... bet that would impress the ladies.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3689
    The switch is in the wrong place on Telecasters. One of the only things wrong with the design. THIS is where it should be...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Think there is plenty above to try out, I'm sure I can fix it.

So, next question:

How do I stop the end of my penis falling off during gigs....?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    impmann said:

Exactly. And even if superglued or Araldited on, you'll be able to get it off by heating the tang with a soldering iron. Just watch the fumes don't get in your eyes if you've used superglue… it stings like tear gas! Then you'll close your eyes and try to wipe them while holding a hot soldering iron, which is not the best idea :).

For what it's worth I usually superglue the tips on Gibson-type toggles too - it stops them cracking.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• vizviz Frets: 11041
    Squeeze some bathroom sealant up the slit then when it's cured, poke the end up it.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    Wear a comdom.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    edited April 2016
    EricTheWeary;1044480" said:
    Nail varnish...Clear is available if dribbles of fuchsia pink are a worry.
    Slightly concerned that Mr TheWeary knows the name of a nail varnish colour...

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2519
    You could always coat the switch tip with a thin veneer of solder, effectively making it slightly fatter, and then dispense a couple of millilitres of a thermosetting plastic into the switch tip to form another thin veneer. Attach the tip to a drill and tape the trigger down. Whilst the tip is rotating, heat the tip with a hairdryer. This way the veneer should dry evenly, set, and retain the rectangle shape of the inner. Combining these two methods may or may not provide enough girth for a tighter fit between the two parts*.

*not a scientific, tested, quick, easy or necessarily possible solution.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    HAL9000 said:
    EricTheWeary;1044480" said:
    Nail varnish...Clear is available if dribbles of fuchsia pink are a worry.
    Slightly concerned that Mr TheWeary knows the name of a nail varnish colour...

Fuschia pink on weekdays, Street Car Desire Glitter for the weekends. 8->
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Plumbers tape of course....Pffft, such amateurs....! 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1740
    Paul_C said:
    a pair of pliers - twist the blade of the switch slightly so that the knob is gripped a little tighter
    this one works wll .done it myself .
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I attached mine with Sugru cos it used to come off. Hasn't been off since.