Cool guitars

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 198
    timhulio said:
    ....... I bought an Ibanez RG (officially the world's least cool guitar) which plays like a dream, easily as well if not better than an AV Jazzmaster, for £113 on the 'Bay. Low action, great fretwork, rock solid tuning (it's a hardtail), solid wood. But I think in a way we're spoilt by this weath of riches, and go looking for quirks, oddity, strangeness. Guitars that fight back ;-)

I'd personally rather have an RG any day.....
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1316
    tFB Trader
    And why not. It plays great and matches the furniture. 

• tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    edited April 2016
    Oh my goodness me.. there are soviet blok stomp boxes?

I have to have one. Really. 

I now hate you all for revealing this information to me. My internet history is going to be shot to pieces.

And, I just found this, which beats all your so called cool guitars.
    @Bridgehouse bizarrely i considered posting that very one, or the trapezoid one that turns up a lot, but to be honest (as @timhulio mentions a few posts after yours) they are tangibly shit as far as actually being able to play. i thought that might be sort of relevant criteria, so opted for the shite-but-still-playable-with-attention teiscos.
    if you can find a close up of the necks of those russian jobs they are virtually very slightly smoothed off 2"x1" planks (square most of the way along) and the frets stick up about half a cm all the way down at various crippling angles.
    in a freaky cool but unplayable chart they would score highly. i love the way they look, but by the time you've made them playable you would end up with more replaced parts than original, and you could have bought a fender and written an album with the time and money you burned up to get there.
    "be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h.lawrence).
  • tabbycattabbycat Frets: 341
    edited April 2016
    timhulio said:
    And why not. It plays great and matches the furniture. 
     it's an ibanez v g-plan mash-up. is there a guitar-body-shaped hole in the back of that unit behind it?
    "be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h.lawrence).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom