Jamie vardy coming to Arsenal... Thoughts?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I think it's sad if he goes. I'd like to see Leicester get another crack at the PL and a go at the champions league. I hate it when you are an 'unfancied' team and have a great season, then the rest of the Prem dismantle your team (Southampton).

Why go to Arsenal? they won't play to his strengths at all so he won't be as good (IMO). He'll go from absolute hero at Leicester to villain. How much money do you actually need?

What do I care, I'm a Man U fan!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Ian wright was 28 when he signed for arsenal.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 501
    I know. The difference is I really like Ian Wright. Not so sure about Vardy. Still, if he keeps knocking them in I'll no-doubt warm to him!
  • simonsimon Frets: 41
    It could work....  Ozil and Vardy might be an effective partnership and give Arsenal the goals they were lacking for much of last season.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    simon said:
    It could work....  Ozil and Vardy might be an effective partnership and give Arsenal the goals they were lacking for much of last season.

They'd almost certainly be the ugliest partnership.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    scrumhalf;1099511" said:
    simon said:

They'd almost certainly be the ugliest partnership.
    Maybe with the extra wages he could afford to get his teeth whitened. They match the shade of gold on the trophy http://c8.alamy.com/comp/G18RKG/epa05294459-leicester-citys-jamie-vardy-lifts-the-premier-league-trophy-G18RKG.jpg
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Seems like the worst move he could make to me, but there is some suggestion that he will be a replacement for Walcott, i.e. fast forward to chase on to through balls but a better finisher. I could see him being a better signing for Man City (since Aguero is so injury prone and Bony has been a poor understudy) or Spurs (likes to harass defenders high up the pitch, would suit the intense style of play from Spurs - although as a Spurs fan I'd prefer someone younger and less of a tool, but if he was the only player we could have I'd sign him).
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Latest on this is that he's still not given Arsenal (or Leicester) an answer and has flown out to the Euro's with England.

He must be wrestling with it as everything we've said, he's probably thought himself...big decision for him.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    Seems like a backward step to me. 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I think he should go. Why not take the opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Leicester will (unfortunately) be nowhere next year but Arsenal will be there or thereabouts. I believe that he can do it at any club for the next 2 years or so.

I'm a Saint, and I'm not actually that bothered about losing our players and managers. We've got the right people behind the scenes to replace them all, and we've shown time and again that nobody is bigger than our club. We're a selling club, and it's been working out for us pretty well for a number of years.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    edited June 2016

hobbio said:

I think he should go. Why not take the opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Leicester will (unfortunately) be nowhere next year but Arsenal will be there or thereabouts. I believe that he can do it at any club for the next 2 years or so.

I'm a Saint, and I'm not actually that bothered about losing our players and managers. We've got the right people behind the scenes to replace them all, and we've shown time and again that nobody is bigger than our club. We're a selling club, and it's been working out for us pretty well for a number of years.

Happens to all clubs though doesn't it, Leicester/Southampton poach from smaller clubs, Arsenal poach players from them, Man City/Real Madrid poach players from Arsenal - It's a feeding frenzy ;). It's frustrating sometimes but pointless fans getting too worked up about it, if he does go the Leicester need to ensure they invest wisely, selling a 28 year old for 20/30 Million might be the best thing that's happened to them.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1796
    Working out as in being in the middle of table with no perspectives for European trophies nor English ones?

I thought it sucks for a fan, seeing what happened to Southampton two years ago (total sellout) but they've managed to stay in PL.
    ^^ Not too many Saints fans are bothered about selling our players, as long as we get the right money for them. £25m for Lallana, anyone?

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    Teams mostly sit deep against Arsenal so Vardy's pace will be neutralised, whereas at Leicester the counter attack is also going to be an option. Besides Arsenal have enough pacy forwards, what they need is some midfield steel.
    hobbio said:

It's worked well so far, but I think you've been pretty fortunate. I think that your luck will be out if you lose another manager and a couple of key players. 
    hobbio said:

yeah because he might win ........ an FA cup if he's very lucky. That's about it with Wenger.

@axisus

Nope, we've had a revolving door for years. Apart from a blip under Roop it's worked well for us.

Leicester won't be challenging for honours next season, in fact with the extra demands of the CL there's a very good chance they'll be fighting relegation. Vardy has the opportunity to play for a globally recognised and supported club, one of the real giants, 60-odd thousand fans every home game. You telling me that this professional sportsman, a PL winner with 27 league goals under his belt this season, doesn't believe he can make a difference there? 

hobbio said:

@axisus

Nope, we've had a revolving door for years. Apart from a blip under Roop it's worked well for us.

I like Southampton, I was always a massive Matt le Tissier fan, but I honestly think that there is only so many times you can land on your feet with manager changes. I hate to say it but I think they are due a fall now that Koeman has gone. 
    I can see why you'd think that, but the club's pretty well run. We'll have had a shortlist ready and waiting for months, probably.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    hobbio said:
    I can see why you'd think that, but the club's pretty well run. We'll have had a shortlist ready and waiting for months, probably.

That's the model.   Southampton are incredibly well run with Les Reed overseeing all recruitment.

I would expect them to have identified a replacement for Koeman as soon as he moved into St Mary's.

My club, Brentford has been following this model for a few years as well.  Every player has a price and it keeps the club going....

We bought Andre Gray from Luton for 500k - sold him to Burnley for £9m and still finished ninth in the championship.   That's the way to run a club that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona....