Summer Football Transfers

What's Hot

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    quarky said:

Who'd have thought that Mourinho's first signing is set to be a defender :)

Zlatan's a striker ;)

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23675
    Snap said:
    The other main problem is we don;t have a board, not really, so the club is really wandering. That;s one of the main reasons Paul Lambert left, not that he is really that good anyway (poor results all season). But when a manager just walks, thats bad news.

I assumed he was going to Celtic, but then Brendan got it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I hope the Zlat is indeed coming to Man U. He's getting on a bit but it's worth a shot.

We need to ditch Schneiderlin and that German donkey and get some proper midfielders in.

Can't wait for the new season, feeling so optimistic now that van Gaal has finally got the boot. It's not so much about Mourinho, I'd be happy if my mum had taken over, she'd probably have gotten a higher league position than VG. BRING IT ON!!!!

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    axisus said:
    I hope the Zlat is indeed coming to Man U. He's getting on a bit but it's worth a shot.

We need to ditch Schneiderlin and that German donkey and get some proper midfielders in.

Can't wait for the new season, feeling so optimistic now that van Gaal has finally got the boot. It's not so much about Mourinho, I'd be happy if my mum had taken over, she'd probably have gotten a higher league position than VG. BRING IT ON!!!!

Schweinsteiger?

Thought he a was pretty good for you lot, until the injury? He's hardly played this year-he's a bit older so might not shrug it off and a good Euro's for him and you might get a few quid though.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    axisus said:

Not sure I agree with your optimism because to me, Mourinho is very much like Van Gaal in the sense that winning is imperative and playing entertaining football is far less of a factor.  He will get a lead and sit on that even if there is 80 minutes to go.  It's bloody boring.  If that's something you enjoy then OK I understand but a lot of United fans want the old attacking, cut-throat football back.  Should have gone for Pochettino

Van Gaal was hammered with injuries last season too and he didn't start demanding more players be bought like Mourinho will do of that I'm sure.  He introduced young United players who took their chance and ran with it.  Not just Rashford & Lindegaard but Fosu Mensah and Varela.

What he didn't do well was buy established talent.  I don't think Rojo was a good buy at all.  I cannot fathom why people thought Schneiderlin is as good an all-round midfielder when he was at Southampton.  

I think if you play a style similar to Tottenham then yes he's great because he's not asked to create any attacking chances but in United's style, you cannot have a one dimensional midfielder like that at the heart of your MF.  Depay has been a disaster but Martial was a good buy even at £35m.  Falcao was another disaster but Mourinho has bought some howlers too, Felipe Luis, Cuadrado, Falcao to name a few.  

Who knows, maybe he will usher in a new age of success like he did at Chelsea but I wouldn't be surprised if he continued the age of disharmony and in-fighting that seems to currently be the de jour at Old Trafford.

Get rid of Ed Woodward and then I could see why you'd be happy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777

Definitely a new defender at United then!

Eric Bailly: Man Utd sign Villarreal defender for £30m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36480527

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gibbs expected to leave Arsenal this summer. Rodriguez & Mkhitaryan potentially lined up as replacements.

Rumours of Callum Chambers going on loan to Watford
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Arktik83 said:Not sure I agree with your optimism because to me, Mourinho is very much like Van Gaal in the sense that winning is imperative and playing entertaining football is far less of a factor.  He will get a lead and sit on that even if there is 80 minutes to go.  It's bloody boring.  If that's something you enjoy then OK I understand but a lot of United fans want the old attacking, cut-throat football back.  Should have gone for Pochettino

I agree, I did not want Mourinho, I'm just hoping that he is intelligent to realise that part of van Gaals failing was not delivering the right kind of football. Pochettino would have been the ideal choice, failing him I would have preferred someone who really understands the Man U 'way'. Having said that, Mourinho > VG.

The one good thing that van Gaal did was to get those very good young players into the team. I think his major fail was squandering Di Maria. He should have built the team around a player of that class but he kept playing him out of position. Di Maria's big criticism of VG was that.

And I agree on Woodward - not a fan. Come back David Gill!

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    preston61 said:

So I thought that it might be worth setting up somewhere for all of us that are football fans to discuss signings and rumours.

To paint my colours, I am life long Swindon Town

Who was Swindon's player of the year?   Whoever it was will be signing for Brentford as per the last couple of years....

;)
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    RobDavies;1102497" said:
    preston61 said:

So I thought that it might be worth setting up somewhere for all of us that are football fans to discuss signings and rumours.

Who was Swindon's player of the year?   Whoever it was will be signing for Brentford as per the last couple of years....

;)
    They were all pretty much on loan this year so you'll have to shop elsewhere :-)
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Zlatan will be worth it just for the press conferences. Anybody who refers to themselves in the third person is alright in hungrymark's book.
    Use Your Brian
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    see? my Rooney to Everton rumour may have legs, roo says last night that the only club he'll play for other than manure is Everton, is this a precursor to him being dumped by Jose?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Can't see it happening, but Pogba to Man Utd would be interesting
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3119
    I'm a Southampton fan. Oh joy. It's summer again. Time for our annual buggery without lube.

Saints have improved every season for 7 years though so maybe it's good thing. I suspect it'll catch up with us sooner or later though, especially if Koeman grabs all our transfer targets and takes them to Everton.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I don't think Koeman will be fully aware of our targets, and even if he is I don't think Everton's new owner will want them. I think he'll be trying to bring in established names, rather than the hidden gems we seem to sniff out.

There's talk of De Boer coming to St Mary's. Not a bad shout imo.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 841
    RobDavies said:
    preston61 said:

;)
    Rumour has it, due to the Dean Smith/ Walsall connection, you're after half of our team! Bugger off, they're ours! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3119
    Frank De Boer might be a decent replacement for Koeman, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's nice to know that Kat and the board will be very professional, do their homework and get in someone to align with their plans. It's pretty nice to trust that the people running your club aren't a total basket case.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    RobDavies said:
    preston61 said:

;)
    Rumour has it, due to the Dean Smith/ Walsall connection, you're after half of our team! Bugger off, they're ours! ;)
    Romaine Sawyers is a done deal, I understand.  Sorry.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 841
    RobDavies said:
    RobDavies said:
    preston61 said:

;)
    Romaine Sawyers is a done deal, I understand.  Sorry
    Shit.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    I'm a Southampton fan. Oh joy. It's summer again. Time for our annual buggery without lube.

Saints have improved every season for 7 years though so maybe it's good thing. I suspect it'll catch up with us sooner or later though, especially if Koeman grabs all our transfer targets and takes them to Everton.

I feel for Southampton fans.  As soon as a player or manager performs they are sold.