Summer Football Transfers

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I'm a Southampton fan. Oh joy. It's summer again. Time for our annual buggery without lube.

Saints have improved every season for 7 years though so maybe it's good thing. I suspect it'll catch up with us sooner or later though, especially if Koeman grabs all our transfer targets and takes them to Everton.

I feel for Southampton fans.  As soon as a player or manager performs they are sold.  
    I know what you mean but that's modern football, they are a small club, but well run, have a nice new stadium and no fears of bankruptcy or relegation.

Compare that with their arch rivals Portsmouth and you can see why they're happy enough.

All teams get their players poached (bar RM, Barca and BM) the way their club is being run, you can see them steadily improving and getting somewhere, but it is and will be a long process.

If you look at Spurs over the last few years they have managed this season (so far) to keep their best players and win the league next year and you don't see anyone wanting to leave for any club-bar Barca or RM coming in.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2657

Why on earth would a Swindon fan "support" Manchester Utd?

Will be interesting to see the signings this year. The TV money has got so insane that even the likes of Stoke can spend megabucks.

So who are we going to get to replace Seabourne, Frans and Millar (from what I've heard, he's off too)?? Worrying that we lost so many players from the same part of the team... And will we get any genuine competition for Doolan up front? Or am I being unfair on Pogba?
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3119
    I'm a Southampton fan. Oh joy. It's summer again. Time for our annual buggery without lube.

Saints have improved every season for 7 years though so maybe it's good thing. I suspect it'll catch up with us sooner or later though, especially if Koeman grabs all our transfer targets and takes them to Everton.

I feel for Southampton fans.  As soon as a player or manager performs they are sold.  
    Don't feel too bad,  Saints have really been through the poo and are now slowly coming up smelling of roses.  I think most Saints fans are very proud and thankful of the way their club conducts itself these days. Results have been outstanding for a small provincial club.  The new sponsorship deals are another step up for the club and we have the Europa league to look forward to. It seems the club is now more resiliant to anyone leaving than ever.

You should feel sorry for Blackpool, Blackburn, Newcastle, Villa etc etc 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1885

I'm resigned to the fact that Koeman, Pelle, Wanyama and Mane will be gone by the start of next season.

Bertrand will have his mind poisoned with England so he'll be off to a "big" club after the euros.

Hopefully we'll keep Van Dijk...

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3119
    Sesh said:

I'm resigned to the fact that Koeman, Pelle, Wanyama and Mane will be gone by the start of next season.

Bertrand will have his mind poisoned with England so he'll be off to a "big" club after the euros.

very likely. ah well. it's all good fun.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    ewal;1103385" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

Why on earth would a Swindon fan "support" Manchester Utd? Will be interesting to see the signings this year. The TV money has got so insane that even the likes of Stoke can spend megabucks.

So who are we going to get to replace Seabourne, Frans and Millar (from what I've heard, he's off too)?? Worrying that we lost so many players from the same part of the team... And will we get any genuine competition for Doolan up front? Or am I being unfair on Pogba?
    I'd have been happy only keeping one of Seabourne or Frans, both going is a pain.

Getting Osman signed up again is a great piece of work by Archie. Ditto Squiddy coming home.

Pogba has a place but I don't think he's a goalscorer. Hopefully now that we're a megabucks team thanks to the Weirs we can get someone in to help Doolan out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Sesh said:

very likely. ah well. it's all good fun.
    I don't think we'll lose all of them. We're a selling club, but we pretty much sell on our own terms these days.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    Don't feel too bad,  Saints have really been through the poo and are now slowly coming up smelling of roses.  I think most Saints fans are very proud and thankful of the way their club conducts itself these days. Results have been outstanding for a small provincial club.  The new sponsorship deals are another step up for the club and we have the Europa league to look forward to. It seems the club is now more resiliant to anyone leaving than ever.

Yeah you're right.  I remember reading something about the fans of PSV or Ajax were really dejected by the transfer policy as they continuously put in a lot of effort into bringing through young players and pretty much as soon as they started playing great football they get sold!  

FC Porto do something of a sort very successfully, but I hope SFC's policy of turning over key parts of their squad and management doesn't come back to haunt them.  

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    Sarge said:
    Rooney to Everton, it's not a widely regarded rumour as I've only just started it, but give it time.
    You're not an Everton fan then @Sarge?

For me - a Spurs fan - I'd be happy for us not to be linked with dozens of players, not to be buying & selling wholesale, but just to repeat last year's transfer experience with a couple of carefully picked additions and the removal of a few under-achievers.

I'd like to see more promoted from within, more youth given its chance, and more of the gradual team BUILDING rather than the approach of some others who attempt to BUY their teams each year ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    @TTony I didn't say I WANTED that transfer to happen.... :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354

FC Porto do something of a sort very successfully, but I hope SFC's policy of turning over key parts of their squad and management doesn't come back to haunt them.  

Seriously, it can't keep yielding success. They have been lucky so far, but you can't 'plan' for success in football unless you are mega rich like City, and even then there are no guarantees.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited June 2016
    Former Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has confirmed he will sign for Manchester United after leaving Paris St-Germain.

Not sure if he isn't a bit too far past his prime for this kind of challenge? I guess Mourinho is after him as an impact player?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    It's a one year contract which is almost as much about marketing as it is about on the pitch impact. Zlatan has a huge commercial presence across the world and from reports I've read could actually make up most of the difference United will lose from not being in the champions league with just his shirt sales.

He's a big name and its a statement of intent from Jose. He will be entertaining if nothing else
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11440
    Zlatan and Mourinho, hmmmm. Isn't there some sort of health and safety limit on egos within a confined space?
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1779
    Huge LOL.

One is for sure - Champions League contenders can wrote them off (if they could even play there).

#zlatancurse
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Zlatans a huge talent, can do wonderful things with a ball, but I've never wished he played for my team, bit of a flat track bully, selfish and not much of a team player. Physicality and fitness won't be an issue in the premiership as he's in superb shape (and probably ran half what other players his age have!).

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1