Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Vaporiser?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VaporizerBl

I hadn't seen this before, New Pawn Shop model for 2014. Seems a bit more straightforward than the Ramparte.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Interesting. 
    Can't find any sound bites.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rolls1392;116219" said:
    Interesting. Can't find any sound bites.
    No, I couldn't.

• xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Sweetwater had product info online for the Ramparte ages before Fender released anything to the media and it looks like they've done it again. I'd expect clips to surface around NAMM-time in three weeks or so...
  • I want >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Really going for the 50's thing aren't they, I like the look, even the openings and tube guard at the rear follow the same slant profile. I wonder what it sounds like?

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    no,  just no
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    So it would be a bit like my customised Pro Junior, but with built in spring reverb.  Hmmmm.  I'm guessing built in China, what's the quality like?
  • Sounds like my perfect amp: vol, tone, reverb into 2x10. But at that price it'll be badly put together, surely.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    That looks really sweet (the cosmetics, I mean).

Why el84s, though? I mean I'm well aware the power tubes only play a small part in things overall, but still, for a fender, I'd probably prefer 6v6es.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Nice colours! Agree with Dave Mc should be 6v6 output tubes

• NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Love the ideas Fender have. Great series this. Just need to add a one watt something or other...
  • Dave_Mc said:

Why el84s, though? I mean I'm well aware the power tubes only play a small part in things overall, but still, for a fender, I'd probably prefer 6v6es.
    Exactly! I was stoked until I read that! :( I've always fancied a low-power Tweed-y 2x10, and this looks like it might have been a great starting point if not for that. :(
  • But the pro junior uses el84s and that's a pretty tweedy sounding amp. I think I'm going to have to try one out. Any idea when they'll be arriving in the UK?
  • Dave_Mc said:

Fender have used EL84`s a few times, some of the old BF Tremolux had them I think
  • But the pro junior uses el84s and that's a pretty tweedy sounding amp. I think I'm going to have to try one out. Any idea when they'll be arriving in the UK?
    I think the proper launch is NAMM in late January so presumably soon after that.
    edited December 2013
    ROOG said:
    Nice colours! Agree with Dave Mc should be 6v6 output tubes
    Dave_Mc said:

Exactly! I was stoked until I read that! :( I've always fancied a low-power Tweed-y 2x10, and this looks like it might have been a great starting point if not for that. :(
    Yeah I mean even aside from the Fender thing, I think I prefer 6v6es to EL84s for most things. Unless I needed something which really needed EL84s to sound 100% "right", I think 6v6es sound better. They sound closer to bigger power tubes too, I think. I have a feeling ICBM explained why somewhere. :)) I'm guessing they're just built more similarly to them. Plus you can use JJ 6V6es and they're almost halfway to 6L6es I think.

And as you said, the 2x10 speaker setup is quite cool, too, and not that usual.

Let's just hope it's made better than the Excelsior was. It was really cool on paper, too. :))
    But the pro junior uses el84s and that's a pretty tweedy sounding amp. I think I'm going to have to try one out. Any idea when they'll be arriving in the UK?
    Yep the pro junior (and blues junior) do still sound pretty Fendery and they use EL84s. As I said, I'm well aware the power tubes only make a slight difference most of the time- but given the free choice... yeah I'd prefer 6V6es. For most things, and especially Fender-style circuits.
    Dave_Mc said:

Fender have used EL84`s a few times, some of the old BF Tremolux had them I think
    I didn't realise that, thanks for the info. I just assumed they started using them around the time of the BJ and PJ because they couldn't get decent quality 6V6es.
  • I am a fan of 6V6 valves as well, love the old deluxe and Princeton amps. But there has been a whole lot of good amps with EL84's as well.
    edited December 2013
    Yeah absolutely. I have a couple of EL84 amps and I like them too :))
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom