Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Vaporiser?

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    That sounds pretty good. Not so fond of the vaporiser mode, bit raw-sounding (though I'm guessing that's the idea behind it).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks blamming to me, would love to give one a try
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    That sounds really good, what's the guide price?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    Am I the only one that look at these and think "nice, but why?". There are plenty of el84 equipped sub 20w valve amps out there that sound trashy when cranked - can't fender make a pawn shop special amp (ie price point) that sounds like a fender amp? Ie something like a Princeton reissue but at a price mortals can afford? This, to my eyes is Fender trying to take sales from Vox by coming up with a retro looking amp at a price point just below Vox all the time... It's a classic Fender sales tactic - rather than innovate, they immitate and then add their own 'Fender cool' to the design and make it super cheap. And then milk the concept to death...
    As has been mentioned, why not 6v6s? Most of the beloved 'pawn shop' amps from that period (Valco, Silvertone, Supro, etc) used them and they have a particular sound - and in honesty they aren't much dearer to buy, plus *will* have more character I guarantee it.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 424
    12 watts output seems a bit daft to me - not loud enough to gig with un-mic'ed and too loud for the house.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    My H&K Puretone has a tonestack bypass pot excitingly called "Growl". 

Seems to make the amp a bit more ready to crunch up. 

The vaporiser thing just seems to be the "fizzy and shit" button.
  • monquixote said:
    My H&K Puretone has a tonestack bypass pot excitingly called "Growl". 

Seems to make the amp a bit more ready to crunch up. 

The vaporiser thing just seems to be the "fizzy and shit" button.
    I prefer the term, "Jack White" button. 

But yesh.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    longjaw said:
    12 watts output seems a bit daft to me - not loud enough to gig with un-mic'ed and too loud for the house.
    I always think that but then on sites like TGP and TDPRI you seem to get people who can make quite loud noises at home, so I think 12w valve amps are aimed at people who live in rural or suburban USA. Which might be rubbish but that's my mental image of it - loud enough to jam in a barn.Yeeha!
    3:-O
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    There are plenty of people playing 100W amps at home and people gigging 5w amps. 

If you were playing in a Jazz combo a 2x10 12 watter would probably be fine.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    Yes but you need low end for Jazz and based on that Youtube clip, it don't have no low end!! 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    There are plenty of people playing 100W amps at home and people gigging 5w amps. 

If you were playing in a Jazz combo a 2x10 12 watter would probably be fine.
    the pawn shop type amps tend to be sold on the basis they sound best if you crank them up, so that is a certain kind of loud.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Lordy. Take two Marshall stacks and call me in the morning. :)
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    Couldn't care less what tubes are in it or why it's been built. But to me it sounded very nice and I like the Jack white button too,it looks cool and I certainly give it space in my home providing the price is right. I'm not normal though as I generally don't know much about amps or tubes but just buy things I like the sounds of and I don't gig anymore so the rest of your comments etc may be entirely valid in a different context but I get the impression fender built this with the idea of it being your second or third amp that is quirky and cool looking and it's probably cheap enough for you to buy it on a whim, I don't think they intend this to become your gigging amp.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    grungebob said:
    Couldn't care less what tubes are in it or why it's been built. But to me it sounded very nice and I like the Jack white button too,it looks cool and I certainly give it space in my home providing the price is right. I'm not normal though as I generally don't know much about amps or tubes but just buy things I like the sounds of and I don't gig anymore so the rest of your comments etc may be entirely valid in a different context but I get the impression fender built this with the idea of it being your second or third amp that is quirky and cool looking and it's probably cheap enough for you to buy it on a whim, I don't think they intend this to become your gigging amp.
    Indeed grungebob, I particularly agree with your last sentence, this seems to be the way of the pawn shop amps I've seen.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I am a bit drawn to it, somehow looks like the slightly inbred lovechild of a Blues and Pro Junior. I just wonder how it would sound, apart from the on-board reverb, compared to my 2x10 Pro Junior.
  • 12w is plenty loud enough to gig with, especially with 2x10" speakers. I am gigging the Excelsior(13w) and never have to have it beyond 4-5. Bigger the gig smaller the amp.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_C93yxkLNA
    official fender vid for it too. Not sure what to make of the acting...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Available to preorder now at guitarguitar. £450. I think these look really cool but that's too rich for my money.
  • That volume at 0, reverb at 10 is a really cool sound.  Really distinctive, not heard it before.

Titillating.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Available to preorder now at guitarguitar. £450. I think these look really cool but that's too rich for my money.

£450 is a bit strong, normally we expect the Dollar/Sterling prices to be the same, that looks greedy to me. Andertons have them listed for £373 which is a bit more like it.