British Airways cabin crew....I'm sick of this!

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
I travel a bit for work and flew from Heathrow to Houston yesterday with British Airways. Now I like BA, it's a British brand and they are generally very friendly.

However, being a broad shouldered, slightly heavy chap, I always go for an aisle seat so I can stretch my legs out, but yesterday the bloody cabin crew were up and down the aisle constantly flitting about up and down all 9 hours, and every time bumped my shoulder or arm as they go flying down the aisle back and forwards for what appears to be a chat with the crew in the cabin up front.

On a previous flight one of them knocked a drink out of hand all over me and didn't even notice!

Slow down and stop bashing  into me you over made up muppets!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Selfish bastards walking up and down the aisle doing their jobs!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 764
    YES, sir........?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    Have you seen the 'girls' on the BA transatlantic runs? Not sure you'd want pics to be honest

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11758
    tFB Trader
    I agree with Randall on this 
    However it is much worse on Ryanair
    If they weren't constantly dashing back and forth trying to sell you scratchcards and duty free you might get to enjoy your trip.

Last time I had a scalding hot cup of coffee knocked from my hand by a stewardess hoofing it down the aisle 

Also the tannoy system does not shut up for more than 2 minutes - it's as bad as being on a train or tube platform these days

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    BA are quite shit. However, if they're bumping into you repeatedly I'm absolutely certain they're doing it on purpose.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    They're walking up and down the aisle coz they're "crop dusting" (cabin crew slang for farting over the passengers). Get a window seat next time!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    'Crop dusting' never heard of that. That got me LOLling!

filthy podgy arsed BA MILFs with skids in their knickers...dirty pigs

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    I've never had a problem with the staff bumping into me on flights.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    TTony said:
    I think it's something that happens to people who don't know not to turn right when they get onto the plane.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    TTony said:
    Show us your boarding pass or it didn't happen! I get bumped up to business occasionally, it is the way to fly that's for sure, but don't get the privelege as a matter of course.

• rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 120
    On my last long haul I fell asleep with my head sticking out a bit into the aisle and got woken up when the dinner trolley cracked off the back of my head. BA are usually alright.
    TTony said:

Only business? Peasant!

Also clearly not BA - that's very obviously a new shiny plane!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6175
    Ain't that the truth! Past couple of years I've flown BA I've noticed both the plane and the cabin crew looking very shopworn. I still fly BA as I trust the engineering side of the operation though that failure at takeoff a while back was a bit worrying, BA planes aren't supposed to do that.
    Only business? Peasant!

Also clearly not BA - that's very obviously a new shiny plane!

Stickyfiddle can't afford the bus most of the time yet alone a plane ticket. That pic is a BA 787 Dreamliner Club World (business class). The same as the plane I was on yesterday

Sporky said:
    TTony said:
    Show us your boarding pass or it didn't happen! I get bumped up to business occasionally, it is the way to fly that's for sure, but don't get the privelege as a matter of course.

To be fair, it's only on flights over 6hrs.  Anything less, and I'm with the rest of the cattle.

I'm actually going first for the first time ever this weekend (would NEVER pay cash!). I have no airmiles left now. Can't wait!
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    edited June 2016
    stickyfiddle;1116837" said:
    BA are quite shit. However, if they're bumping into you repeatedly I'm absolutely certain they're doing it on purpose.
    Because you're doing something to piss them off-elbows/bodies in the aisle, making their jobs harder and affecting all other passengers on the plane.

OP has said himself he's on the big side-nothing pisses me off more than sitting in between two fat cunts (OP not included in this) that have paid the same as me with their hairy arms stroking mine while I have zero access to arm rests, wide leg room, have to wait half an hour to go for a piss while they jack themselves out of their chair. Etc

Some people have an entitlement culture, and also have no clue what service jobs entail.

"I've bought my ticket/beer/dinner so I pay your wages which entitles me to act a cunt and you to be my slave, and you dhould thank me for it"

Again not saying OP is that guy, but lots of people are.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I'm actually going first for the first time ever this weekend (would NEVER pay cash!). I have no airmiles left now. Can't wait!
    The first time I travelled 1st was on a transatlantic overnighter.  

I was torn.

Should I take advantage of the very comfortable bed, and sleep like a proper important busy business person.

Or should I stay awake so I could take advantage of seemingly endless food, drink, in-flight entertainment, and the pretty much undivided attention of the cabin crew because everyone else was sleeping.

It's not easy travelling 1st class.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

TTony said:
    The first time I travelled 1st was on a transatlantic overnighter.  

I was torn.

Should I take advantage of the very comfortable bed, and sleep like a proper important busy business person.

Or should I stay awake so I could take advantage of seemingly endless food, drink, in-flight entertainment, and the pretty much undivided attention of the cabin crew because everyone else was sleeping.

It's not easy travelling 1st class.
    I'm in the same position. It's the overnight Virgin to Dubai. the 4 hours in the LHR clubhouse is a given, but then torn between the good night's sleep on the plane or making the most of the options onboard. I just hope they take the long way around Iraq and don't cut across Egypt to save time!