The best info I've seen on the referendum thus far

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1142
    the best Farage bit what the video of him wearing a cravat standing on the cliffs of Dover watching the English channel like he was on some sort of foreigner patrol. It was so Alan Partridge it was actually funny, but then you realise that a lot of halfwits actually think like that.....scary.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    EricTheWeary;1119231" said:
    [quote="axisus;1119226"]holnrew said:

Yeah, not racist at all...

I'm no UKIP fan, but I'm not sure how that is racist? They want control of immigration. That is just a poor way of going about it.

RACIST:a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    The message, from a white man, is stop these people coming in and the picture is of almost entirely black people. I think that is open to interpretation as racist.
    [/quote]

Also the bit where that is a near perfect copy of actual nazi propaganda. It's not a good look...

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-are-calling-out-ukips-new-antieu-poster-for-resembling-outright-nazi-propaganda--WkTYUB18EW
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    stickyfiddle;1119342" said:
    [quote="EricTheWeary;1119231"][quote="axisus;1119226"]holnrew said:

I'm no UKIP fan, but I'm not sure how that is racist? They want control of immigration. That is just a poor way of going about it.

RACIST:a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    The message, from a white man, is stop these people coming in and the picture is of almost entirely black people. I think that is open to interpretation as racist.
    [/quote]

Also the bit where that is a near perfect copy of actual nazi propaganda. It's not a good look...

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-are-calling-out-ukips-new-antieu-poster-for-resembling-outright-nazi-propaganda--WkTYUB18EW
    [/quote]
    Wow, I didn't know that.

:-O
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4384

[/quote]
    Wow, I didn't know that.

:-O
    Terrifying, isn't it?  Then they hold their hands aloft in wonder when their party attracts the sort of certifiable nutjob who thinks that flooding is caused by gay people.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13039

The problem that the Leave camp have with Racism is that whilst not all Leavers are Racist, all the Racists are Leavers.

When Nigel Farage and his team approve a poster of something that has nothing to do with EU immigration (its Syrian refugees, not EU migrants), resembles actual Nazi Propaganda, and even worse has also had the only prominent white face in shot conveniently removed from it its exceedingly easy to see why they are getting called racist.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    UnclePsychosis;1119423" said:
    The problem that the Leave camp have with Racism is that whilst not all Leavers are Racist, all the Racists are Leavers.
    It is my biggest problem with the leave campaign that the face of it is people I would cross the street to avoid - Farage, Johnson, Groves, leave posters in windows of dubious football fan drinking pubs, Facebook pages of dubious* skinheads (I'm in a ska band, I see a lot of skinheads on Facebook!), etc. I feel like I'm being asked to vote on who I side with and not the issues. Looked at that way it is, at least, a lot simpler.

*the less dubious ones being supporters of things like skinheads against racial prejudice.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23616
    UnclePsychosis;1119423" said:
    It is my biggest problem with the leave campaign that the face of it is people I would cross the street to avoid - Farage, Johnson, Groves, leave posters in windows of dubious football fan drinking pubs, Facebook pages of dubious* skinheads (I'm in a ska band, I see a lot of skinheads on Facebook!), etc. I feel like I'm being asked to vote on who I side with and not the issues. Looked at that way it is, at least, a lot simpler.

*the less dubious ones being supporters of things like skinheads against racial prejudice.
    This has been a factor for me too.  It's hard not to be influenced by consideration of which campaign is spearheaded by the biggest arseholes.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6239
    Thought this was an interesting point from Paul Mason.

.... But a Brexit led by Ukip and the Tory right will not make any of these things better: it will make them worse. Take a look at the people leading the Brexit movement. Nigel Farage, Neil Hamilton, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove. They have fought all their lives for one objective: to give more power to employers and less to workers. Many leading Brexiters are on record as wanting to privatise the NHS. They revelled in the destruction of the working-class communities and cultures capable of staging real revolt. Sir James Dyson moved his factory to Malaysia, so much did he love the British workforce. They talk about defying the “elite”. But they are the elite.

Immigration and the British working class
    Letters: 170,000 new migrant workers each year in an economy of close to 32 million workers is hardly swamping the labour market
     Read more
    Suppose leave wins on Thursday and, within two years, most migration from eastern Europe stops. What is the most likely outcome? For all the rhetoric about “cheap labour”, nobody in the Tory Brexit camp has promised to end it. What they actually promised is to to cut wages and scrap the laws that protect people at work. So even if the migrants stop coming, and maybe a few fruit farms and meat-packing operations in East Anglia shut down, there will still be millions of low-paid jobs on long hours. But guess who will be doing them? Most likely it will be you, the very people flag-waving for the leave camp now: low-skilled people in small towns. And should there be a shortage of unskilled workers, the Brexit camp’s figurehead – Iain Duncan Smith – knows what to do. Before ultimately resigning over benefit cuts, he had made a career out of dragging people out of wheelchairs and off sickbeds and into job assessments designed to cut their benefits.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16960

[/quote]

that article misses the editing out of a white guy

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Paul Mason lost the plot years ago .. he sat on Question Time recently telling a UKIP MEP that the black people in the Toxteth area of Liverpool were left there by slave owners - they came over to the UK in the 1940s. He's a complete twat ..

And all this anti IDS, Farage and Boris rhetoric misses one big point. None of them may be in power come Friday and come 2020 the population can chuck the Tories out and go with Labour or the Lib Dems. It's just anti-Tory bollocks. Farage isn't even an MP. From reading this you'd think the Tories will be in power for the next 100 years. As I said in a previous post come Friday they'll implode into a civil war. The Tories are finished in their present form.

And Tory Brexit campaign - there are Labour people on board and they're saying the same thing (deputy Labour leader) - they want control not an end an end of immigration. Gove was on R4 this morning and admitted he doubted immigration would drop for the foreseeable future. The only idiot bandying numbers about runs the Remain camp.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    WezV said:

[/quote]

Actually he's still in that one .. he's missing in the press adverts. I posted a link in the main thread showing the before and after with him removed. You can actually see the top of his head .. his face is neatly covered by a banner.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Fretwired said:
    WezV said:

[/quote]

Actually he's still in that one .. he's missing in the press adverts. I posted a link in the main thread showing the before and after with him removed. You can actually see the top of his head .. his face is neatly covered by a banner.

That is still being edited out... If one had not seen the before shot it would need a keen eye to spot. If they truly wanted him in then his face would not be hidden behind the banner :P
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23616
    Apropos of nothing, it seems unlikely that he actually is a "white" bloke anyway.  Probably just a fair-skinned Syrian chap.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    At least we have a winner for referendum headline in most poor taste...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/claudia-bradby-my-life-as-a-referendum-widow/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom