I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Weapons grade bellend.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Fuck me.

Now I don't like banning things so much that our rights are infringed but....pistols?

What do you need a pistol for?

The only thing I can think of to use one legally is to shoot at targets, and you can still do that with shotguns and rifles and air pistols.

What a fucking knob.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    Er ... that piece is two and a half years old.

Still daft, though.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    The man has the balls to say a lot of shit. Some of it is logical and should be said but nobody else has the balls to do it.

Some of what he says it complete wank though. His environmental and medical views are completely laughable.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Good job he hasn't been elected.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    He is a massive bell end.

But you know what, he is still better than the majority of republicans and a lot of democrats in USA.

I'm glad we have him as our "far right" politician, much rather him than the likes of bnp and edl which were much more prominent before the rise of ukip.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    That's rather old news.

Slightly more recent is that in the last Scottish Parliament elections, one of UKIP's campaign pledges was to *raise* the drink-drive limit, after Scotland lowered it into line with most of Europe with overwhelming public support and a significant downturn in the number of drink-drive offences.

UKIP did terribly, deservedly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited June 2016
    Why is it you can be so critically minded about some subjects and an absolute anti-science anti-logic loon about others?

I mean Farage has said this:
     "If you criminalize handguns, then only the criminals carry the guns. It's really interesting that since Blair brought that piece of law in, gun crime doubled in the next five years in this country."

Now I don't know if that is true. But I'd expect someone of your calibre (pun intended!) Fret, to do a bit of sleuthing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    Wanting guns in non professional hands makes him a prick irrespective of crime stats. Accidents cause far more injuries and deaths than crime does. Therefore he passes the "prick about guns" threshold way before crime stats are needed.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    Nothing to add really, except to reiterate he is a massive 'bell'....
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    But isn't the idea that with proper training that anyone could become a 'professional' ?? Seems to work for all sorts of other things. Why should it be any different with guns?

I dunno... I guess I was just hoping for a bit more than "fucking prick" when it comes to such a serious topic. But I guess this is The Fretboard after all.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Wanting guns in non professional hands makes him a prick irrespective of crime stats. Accidents cause far more injuries and deaths than crime does. Therefore he passes the "prick about guns" threshold way before crime stats are needed.
    @Fretmeister, is anyone who is not a firearms professional a prick for wanting a gun?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9714
    He is a proppa tool
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

And in other news, Hitler invades Poland.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    chillidoggy;1121793" said:
    Must have missed that story, I was reading about the recent moon landings.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Nikko said:
    chillidoggy;1121793" said:
    Must have missed that story, I was reading about the recent moon landings.

Ah, I thought for one moment you'd been distracted by a piece on the assassination of some Arch-Duke, or other.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221
    Since we're all having so much fun with this referendum jazz and will all be really sad and shit when it's over, how about we vote to see if Nigel Farage should remain in the EU, or whether we put him in a little boat somewhere off the west coast of Ireland and gather a great  multicultural crowd from the length and breadth of Europe to stand along the shore and tell him to fuck off. 

I'm voting leave.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I don't know why people take Farage seriously - he couldn't even get elected to Westminster and rumours suggest he's going to get kicked out as UKIP leader for all the gaffes he's made in the EU referendum. He'll end up with Katie Hopkins on some hateful talk radio show and in the pages of the Daily Mail.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Drew_fx said:
    I mean Farage has said this:
     "If you criminalize handguns, then only the criminals carry the guns. It's really interesting that since Blair brought that piece of law in, gun crime doubled in the next five years in this country."

Thing is there's no granularity to the statement.

It is quite plausible, for example (I'm not saying that this is the case, just that it's plausible), that while gun crime doubled, the increase (or more) was all from people not handing in guns that they were no longer allowed to have. That's very different from if violent gun crime doubled.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."