Farage wants to relax gun laws

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7370
    When he first started getting airtime like 8 years ago I kind of thought he had a decent economic head but was let down by his views on immigration.

How wrong I was.

He is clearly a publicity seeking racist moron. The nicest thing I can say about him now is that he's kinda like Trump-lite
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5187
    Fretwired;1121835" said:
    I don't know why people take Farage seriously - he couldn't even get elected to Westminster and rumours suggest he's going to get kicked out as UKIP leader for all the gaffes he's made in the EU referendum. He'll end up with Katie Hopkins on some hateful talk radio show and in the pages of the Daily Mail.
    Having UKIP got someone capable of being gaffer free?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Reverend said:
    Fretwired;1121835" said:
    I don't know why people take Farage seriously - he couldn't even get elected to Westminster and rumours suggest he's going to get kicked out as UKIP leader for all the gaffes he's made in the EU referendum. He'll end up with Katie Hopkins on some hateful talk radio show and in the pages of the Daily Mail.
    Carswell I guess or the woman whose name I can't remember.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2489
    Reverend said:
    Fretwired;1121835" said:
    Have they still got the chap who thinks homosexuality causes flooding? He'd probably be better.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3102
    edited June 2016
    Well, I quite like the chap, don't agree with everything he spouts, but then I believe even less from Cameron et al.......they are all lying self serving cnuts..
    But if we use our democratic right and actually vote we can do somerhing about it, unlike those heading the EU who remain corrupt hugely powerful and untouchable.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2489
    paulnb57 said:
    Well, I quite like the chap, don't agree with everything he spouts, but then I believe even less from Cameron et al.......they are all lying self serving cnuts..
    So he's your top pick in the lying self serving cnuts department then?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    If you are bringing up an article that's more than 2 years old on the eve of the referendum why don't you just be up front and tell everyone that you are trying to smear Farage to influence the referendum.  Or post it in one of EU referendum threads so we can ignore it.

It also depends on exactly what Farage is proposing.  That article isn't clear on the details of what Farage wants.  There's no reason that handguns couldn't be licensed to be stored and used only in approved gun ranges.  After the ban was bought in we had the ludicrous situation that some of our Olympic competitors were going to France or Belgium to practice.  If he's purely proposing that we should allow licensed ranges to store handguns and people use them only on the range then it''s not a big issue.  Even if that's what he's proposing, the Guardian would leave out that detail and just come up with a Farage wants to relax gun control laws because they hate him.

I'm not a Farage fan and there is no way I'd want him running the country but this thread is just another referendum smear.  The way the campaign has been conducted has been atrocious on both sides.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

If we dig deep enough, no politico will come up smelling of rose's. Many never say what they 'really' think, others were trained from birth to deceive, and the vast majority who have wealth seek what's left - power.

Whilst Farage is divisive, so was Thatcher. Farage and his party secured 3.9 million votes in the 2015 election, that's 3.9 million racist and ill educated people in the UK according to high profile remain supporters. A figure that should rise significantly after this evening.

Cameron - in my view - is far worse than Farage. He is by far the luckiest PM in UK political history. Whenever there is any significant press interest in his inadequacies , a major news item comes along and overtakes events.

Farage and Cameron are different, but the same.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

It doesn't matter which politico it is, you'll always find you won't agree with everything. Bit like on here, actually.

As for whether Cameron is as bad as is made out, I'm undecided at present possibly because I'm not swayed by any particular political allegiance, but I do think it will be interesting to see who sticks their noggin above the parapet as his replacement. Or maybe that should be sticking a knife in.

Farage, like so many others, is a good speaker. And that's 95% of the battle, if you can make people listen to what you're saying, even if it is complete and utter bollocks. I should know, I've been a manager for many years........

:-\"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No issue with this, as long as bullets remain illegal.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Why has the OP started a thread on an article that's over two years old? Could it be because its Referendum Day?

Farage is a fuckwit but so are you for ranting about two year old history.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Has Mafeking been relieved yet?

• It seems to me that a lot of people are saying that Brexit is a bad idea because Nigel Farage likes it, and you don't want too be like Nigel Farage. This sort of argument, to me, is a bit like saying that if you celebrate your birthday you are like Hitler, because he celebrated his birthday.  Don't be a Nazi: don't celebrate your birthday.

To be frank, I'll be glad when all this tossycock is over and I'm getting wrecked with @ttony and @drew_fx at the tFB meetup
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom