Current adverts that trouble you

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    That one where the old guy implies its funny to make prank phone calls to book shops about a book which he knows that no one has got because he wrote it (about fly fishing iirc). That jerk has obviously never worked in a bookshop and had to put up with people phoning and asking for rubbish which they know that no decent shop would stock.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29171
    I'm not sure that quite qualifies as a current advert.

I'm not sure where the cut-off is, but I'm pretty sure it's shorter than 30 years.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    It's clearly had a long-standing effect on me  :-<
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Nitefly said:
    That bloody woman with the uniform and the big hat - Admiral?  Grrrr!
    What's the matter with you? Take another look, she's well hot.
    EDIT: Bloody annoying, but well hot.
    Nope, just bloody annoying - I don't find her at all "hot".  Still, one man's meat and all that...   ;)
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Sporky said:
    I thought that had been longstanding advice?

However, I will include that advert and any other that has a wispy, tuneless, acoustic cover version.

Absobleedinlutely.  Vapid voice, plunky uke, mangling good songs.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited June 2016
    BigMonka said:
    That one where the old guy implies its funny to make prank phone calls to book shops about a book which he knows that no one has got because he wrote it (about fly fishing iirc). That jerk has obviously never worked in a bookshop and had to put up with people phoning and asking for rubbish which they know that no decent shop would stock.
    @bigMonka, do you mean this book?

No wonder the poor old sod had trouble finding a copy in 1983 - it was published in 2015!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    No wonder the poor old sod had trouble finding a copy in 1983 - it was published in 2015!
    In fairness, I think that's not a first edition (I don't know how these things work).  The more helpful thing for his daughter to have done would have been to get his book on Kindle.  Seeeemples.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited June 2016
    I've just found out that the first edition of Fly Fishing by J.R. Hartley was printed in 1991.  So @Sporky, you are correct the assert to the to the main issue, whether the print was 2015 or 1991 still does not obviate Mr Hartley's problem way back in 1983.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Radio advert that's on at the moment

James Martin doesn't usually work on Mondays

Or Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Also Sundays.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23675
    Nitefly said:
    Nitefly said:
    That bloody woman with the uniform and the big hat - Admiral?  Grrrr!
    What's the matter with you? Take another look, she's well hot.
    EDIT: Bloody annoying, but well hot.
    Nope, just bloody annoying - I don't find her at all "hot".  Still, one man's meat and all that...   ;)
    I must be out of date, last Admiral advert I saw he was an animated Russian doll.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23675
    Troy said:
    The bed one where it's telling us we have to change mattresses every 8 years now!
    I don't even change the sheets that often...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    lloyd said:
    Any of the lotto ones that try to make you buy a ticket to stop some cunt of a celebrity-Jordan, Edmonds, Morgan etc winning it to mean you'd see more of them/redesign Stonehenge etc It's doubly stupid because firstly, buying a ticket doesn't reduce their chances of winning it, merely that their winnings would be halved in the rare off chance that you had the same numbers as them, and then there's the fact that all of these celebrities are probably worth a lot more than the last few years standard, non rollover Saturday night jackpots. Saying that, the James Blunt on is good, he's good value for taking the piss out of himself (and others on Twitter).
    I agree they dont make any sense to me. Why have they chosen people who are already amongst the top ten richest millionaires in the UK? If that is part of the joke, I dont get it.

Noel Edmunds - worth about 88 million
    Jordan - worth about 45 million

Why not get simon cowell to do one too. He is only worth about 350 million.

I've just found out that the first edition of Fly Fishing by J.R. Hartley was printed in 1991.  So @Sporky, you are correct the assert to the to the main issue, whether the print was 2015 or 1991 still does not obviate Mr Hartley's problem way back in 1983.
    Still good to know the correct date. Good work chief.
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    There is a rock radio station in manchester, I forget which one, probably "real xs" but they have got the most awful voice actors doing random celebrity voices for no apparent reason. They just come on every now and again between the ad breaks and say stuff like "Hi, this is Jon Bon Jovi", "Hi, this is Steven Tyler", "Hi, this is Slash".

No it isnt.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    Any of the Household goods / washing powder/ air freshener ads that were originally shot in Spanish/German /Italian and have been so obviously overdubbed to English or the native language of wherever they are being campaigned...........they look so phoney
     The bit that makes me jealous  is how obviously European and sunny the home always looks as opposed to the miserable grey pervading light of this rain soaked hell-hole
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    And that Ferrero Rocher one. Fucked if I've ever met an Ambassador, so if I buy some choccies, will I get to meet one?