Can no one enjoy a moment anymore?

What's Hot
chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
The majority of the audience at Glastonbury seem more concerned with filming it than enjoying it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Too true. My grown up kids took a while to learn to 'drink it in', the phrase I use to describe when you just stop your thinking and take in everything that your senses are telling you about the experience of where you are and what you are doing. They appreciate it now and have dropped the whole recording thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Agreed!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nope. Fucking twats insisting I have an opinion about everything are getting in the way of me just wtatching GoT etc and getting on with being bored with life.

Cunts ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16398
    Just back from Rainbow. Lot of that going on. I was walking back to the car and the teenagers next to me were saying how irritated they'd been by someone filming the whole two hour gig on his phone. The one lad, about seventeen maybe, said it was terrible that no one can live in the moment and just enjoy the gig . Where's there's hope there's life!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    The worst people are those who stand with iPads, filming the whole thing

I got stuck behind someone at a tiny East India Youth set at Latitude last year - he'd queued up for about an hour to get right at the front and then stood there filming the whole thing. The particularly annoying thing is that I'd queued for longer just to end up behind him.
    Stop crying, start buying
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16398
    Moss said:
    The worst people are those who stand with iPads, filming the whole thing

I got stuck behind someone at a tiny East India Youth set at Latitude last year - he'd queued up for about an hour to get right at the front and then stood there filming the whole thing. The particularly annoying thing is that I'd queued for longer just to end up behind him.
    If someone wants to watch the gig they're at through a lens it's their business I guess even if I find it idd. With things like mobile phones or iPads it's a light in your eyes -especially when they are holding it above their heads-  and really bloody annoying. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    if anyone stands right in front of you doing this, just start yelling profanities at maximum volume. get all tourettes on their ass...
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I went to a gig on Friday night, a tribute band. Must have been all of 20 people in the crowd. Half of them were filming it.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    I'd love to know stats on who actually rewatches what they filmed. Most phones will get terrible audio for starters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Or even look at pictures taken on their phone. That pixel is Bruce Springsteen, honest.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    ennspek said:
    I went to a gig on Friday night, a tribute band. Must have been all of 20 people in the crowd. Half of them were filming it.
    Mates of the band members probably ... bloody annoying. I like Robert Fripp's stance. His band won't take to the stage until phones are switched off and if you try to film the band stop. He's done this a few times ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Worse than filiming the gig is bloody selfies.

I was in the 3rd row for the Who a couple of years ago and the number of people pushing in front of us only to turn around and take a fucking selfe then fuck off straight back to the bar was ridiculous.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10015
    The Jack White gigs I've been to have been preambled by a chap coming on stage and saying precisely that - no cameras, no filming, enjoy the moment. They then make the official photos available for free online after the show. Much better way to enjoy things
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • supessupes Frets: 189
    See everyone used to criticise Axl....but he had the right view on people filming Guns shows. Just a rather over-the-top way of stopping it.
    I always thought Axl had the right view for the wrong reasons.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I don't get the hate at people wanting to record experiences personally, unless their device gets in your way?

It's human to want to have a record of things, we used to draw on cave walls, now we record stuff on our phones.

There are many moments in my life that is have loved to have videoed or had photos of (and more I'm glad there are none) but te technology wasn't there.

Personally I've never videoed gigs or sporting occasions but will take photos.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Of course their device gets in the way, they're holding something with a lit up LCD screen above head height.

I understand the desire to have a record of things, but not to the extent that it spoils your enjoyment of the thing you're recording.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    It's not limited to gigs, either.

I took my 5-year-old grandson to a model railway exhibition recently, and we couldn't see half the layouts for people wafting iPads about filming, without even asking the layout owners' permission first.

Just bloody rude.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    chrispy108;1126924" said:
    Of course their device gets in the way, they're holding something with a lit up LCD screen above head height.

I understand the desire to have a record of things, but not to the extent that it spoils your enjoyment of the thing you're recording.
    If it's on others ways then yeah fair enough, but you can easily video something on your phone and not really be looking at your screen-it doesn't take away from the thing in any way-for me at least, nobody is paying Kubrik-like attention to camera angles and lighting.

People videoing the whole thing is weird to me but getting a few seconds on tape and spinning it round to get you and your mates in shot isn't going to ruin a special moment or affect your enjoyment of a gig.

That's my take on it anyway.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3099
    I noticed how bad this was at Wembley Arena a few years ago. Just a sea of ipads and iphones filming the gig. 

I can't stand people using phones or making excessive noise in Cinemas either. Watch the damn film and consider others who have also paid good money to enjoy a film.