Can no one enjoy a moment anymore?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Of course their device gets in the way, they're holding something with a lit up LCD screen above head height.

I understand the desire to have a record of things, but not to the extent that it spoils your enjoyment of the thing you're recording.
    It's even worse in the cinema. 
    I was in the cinema today and there were, I'd say, 5 people with phones on for extended periods of time. 
    4 out of 5 were grown adults...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    No excuses in the cinema, I've been and some guy was having a full on conversation on his phone-who does that?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

edited June 2016
    lloyd said:
    No excuses in the cinema, I've been and some guy was having a full on conversation on his phone-who does that?

I absolutely hate it, and sometimes a confrontation doesn't sort it or makes it worse. 

Another time it was in the theatre and my partner asked a woman who was filming Marty Pellow (Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde) to stop please, and she threatened to "pagger" my girlfriend... totally spoiled it for us. Staff couldn't do anything so we got shifted (!) and it ruined the whole thing. Bullies, that's all they are.

Also bad is people putting their feet on the backs of seats - I really, really hate that..... To the extent I always sit in front of the aisle toward the front and nowhere else as nobody is at the back of me. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11440
    Can't stand cinemas any more.

Not only is the sound usually far too loud, but people seem to be incapable of staying reasonably still and quiet for any length of time. As for their eating habits - repuslive.

All of that for £14 a pop?

No thank you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    The sound is pretty loud, actually... a few times I've thought I should bring my earplugs I use for practice!
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    And the picture quality is shit, too many adverts, showings at weird times, food is a rip off.

Yeah I rarely go the pictures these days as they're full of twats. Went to watch one of the new Planet of the Apes films last year and there was a young kid-4 or 5 that kicked my chair through the whole thing, despite me telling his dad lots of times, the dad did say to stop but he'd just start up again after 5 minutes or so. Kid was way too young for the film anyway and whenever there was subtitles the little darling was reading them out loud.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    People filming gigs in front of me get a thirty second warning....

Then I'm quite happy to lose some of my pint towards their precious technology.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    lloyd said:
    I don't get the hate at people wanting to record experiences personally, unless their device gets in your way?

It's human to want to have a record of things, we used to draw on cave walls, now we record stuff on our phones.

There are many moments in my life that is have loved to have videoed or had photos of (and more I'm glad there are none) but te technology wasn't there.

Personally I've never videoed gigs or sporting occasions but will take photos.
    I fear the majority of people doing it because of FaceBook disease though. I.e. Living your life through other people's perception of you. Essentially all those people filming at Glastonbury are going to bore the shit out of their "friends" and family over the next few days telling everyone that will listen what a wonderful time they had, even if they were vacant at the time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    lloyd said:
    I don't get the hate at people wanting to record experiences personally, unless their device gets in your way?

It's human to want to have a record of things, we used to draw on cave walls, now we record stuff on our phones.

There are many moments in my life that is have loved to have videoed or had photos of (and more I'm glad there are none) but te technology wasn't there.

Personally I've never videoed gigs or sporting occasions but will take photos.
    I fear the majority of people doing it because of FaceBook disease though. I.e. Living your life through other people's perception of you. Essentially all those people filming at Glastonbury are going to bore the shit out of their "friends" and family over the next few days telling everyone that will listen what a wonderful time they had, even if they were vacant at the time.
    Is this the issue that people have with it?

Like I say, pictures and a few seconds of video I'm fine with, minutes worth of devices in front of my face then I have an issue.

If people are getting het up about how other people want to enjoy a gig I suggest they enjoy the moment and just watch and listen to the gig-rather than focussing on others.

• TroyTroy Frets: 224
    I usually record just one song from my iPhone when I goto gigs, the rest of the time I'm enjoying the experience.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Im the same really. One or two photos, then the phone goes straight back in t pocket and doesn't come out until im on my way home.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    I'm actually guilty of recording some footage from gigs I go to.... however, I try and be as un-obtrusive as possible; I'll just record a couple of snippets of my fav songs (for my use and memories), and always ensure the phone is held in front of me so it doesn't interfere with anyone else.

Of course, being 6ft 5", I tend to find people have more of an issue at gigs with me being tall....
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited June 2016