Article 50, Boris, Gove and Cameron.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31150
So, Dave has played an ace.

The H of P doesn't have a majority to leave. Fact.

THe H of P have to formally vote by a majority to invoke Article 50.

The PM who does that will last about a minute, and both Gove and Johnson are refusing to drink from the poisoned challace

So, who will? 

I don't think anyone will

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Off topic.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    usedtobe said:
    Off topic.
    Moved.

Old news.

I don't see anything to congratulate "Dave" about.  Firstly, he got us into this mess by promising a referendum to buy himself re-election.  Secondly, he demonstrated his inability to negotiate a custard cream out of his EU "partners".  Three, when it all went tits, he ran off to hide.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Gove has never really had designs on being PM.
    It will be Boris.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6178
    Could it be May? Who then finds some spurious reason to deny the referendum result. I wouldn't put it past them, esp. with the reputed 'wavering million'. Cameron is really beneath contempt, what a total c**t.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Gassage;78803" said:

The PM who does that will last about a minute, and both Gove and Johnson are refusing to drink from the poisoned challace

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Possible, personally I would prefer her but it would be difficult to justify a remain person as PM.
    After the last few days anything is possible.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29171
    Steven Toast for PM. He has the gravitas and, most importantly, the voice for the job.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/0f774a41cbee8e80bfbfda6a7ece7a01/tumblr_n0lkwzjprB1qb676mo1_400.png
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    Fuck it...I'll do it :)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Please can we stick to a couple of threads .. too much repetition .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5339
    @Gassage is right though me thinks this could be left to rot, what with everyones short attention spans who would notice :) 

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Not a snowballs chance in hell. A referendum is a referendum. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5339
    /\ no doubt about it...but its interesting times ahead for legal eagles
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12514
    JezWynd;1128924" said:
    Could it be May? Who then finds some spurious reason to deny the referendum result.
    Dear god I hope we don't get that harpie as leader, she's an appalling woman that makes Boris look a reasonable choice. As for her legal skills, it took her something like 9 years just to deport Abu Qatada, I wouldn't hold out much hope for her sorting out Article 50 this decade.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    Evilmags said:
    It is - but that is still only an indication of the public's wishes - it does not mean the government has to follow that.

Id wager if we had a referendum on whether tax should be cut, or the NHS funded more then the government wouldnt abide by the result.
    boogieman said:
    JezWynd;1128924" said:
    Could it be May? Who then finds some spurious reason to deny the referendum result.
    Dear god I hope we don't get that harpie as leader, she's an appalling woman that makes Boris look a reasonable choice. As for her legal skills, it took her something like 9 years just to deport Abu Qatada, I wouldn't hold out much hope for her sorting out Article 50 this decade.
    Id rather May than Corbyn leading us - or sturgeon having anything at all do do with any decisions made in westminster (shes worse than May, and has no mandate for any voice in the UK parliament after all).
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6178
    boogieman said:
    JezWynd;1128924" said:
    Id rather May than Corbyn leading us - or sturgeon having anything at all do do with any decisions made in westminster (shes worse than May, and has no mandate for any voice in the UK parliament after all).
    I could see May uniting the 'anyone but Boris' camp, she sensibly kept a low profile throughout the campaign. Imagine a scenario where she gets into power and then says, Brown style, 'There are x tests that must be fulfilled before Article 50 can be invoked', a quick troll around Europe to whisper in the EU leaders ears and Voila!, the referendum result is kicked into the very long grass.
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Evilmags said:

Id wager if we had a referendum on whether tax should be cut, or the NHS funded more then the government wouldnt abide by the result.

That's what happens every General Election, is it not?

edited June 2016
    No.  General elections are about many things, and many things we vote on never come to pass, as they either get "hidden", blocked or watered down in Westminster. - and for he vast majority it doesnt matter what the "manefestos" say or positions are,they still vote the same way.

Most Labour voters vote Labour - even if it means cutting their own throats,  Most con supporters vote con even if it means cutting theirs.  To think differently is naive.

• RockerRocker Frets: 5030
    Saw Boris Johnson on the TV sometime yesterday.  He looked like a guy that had discovered his dog had eaten his hamburger and pissed on his chips....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom