Michael Gove slagging of Boris

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
edited June 2016 in Off Topic
It's night of the long knives, Gove says Bozzer can't unite party or country, indicating vicious turmoil behind the scenes in Tory party.

I'll make my position clear: Gove is a twat

And will never be a publicly elected PM

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    May seems to be favourite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
    We are truly fucked until the next election then

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Gove knows he won't be PM.  It's all horse-trading in aid of (eventually) a decent cabinet position in a Theresa May administration.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    What a pompous little shit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Does Gove think slagging off his fellow party members is what we need right now? He may as well join Labour.

He is a complete bellend

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6183
    edited June 2016
    ICBM said:

Except that everything he accuses Boris of, Cameron is at least as guilty of, if not more.. They're all a bunch of c**ts, take your pick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    If I got the top job I wouldn't give Gove the steam off my piss yet alone a job

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891

"If anyone wants me to sign a piece of parchment in my own blood saying I don't want to be prime minister, then I'm perfectly happy to do that" — Michael Gove, August 2012

"I’m constitutionally incapable of it. There’s a special extra quality you need that is indefinable, and I know I don’t have it. There’s an equanimity, an impermeability and a courage that you need. There are some things in life you know it’s better not to try" — Michael Gove, March 2012

"In order to be prime minister of this country, you need to be an exceptional person... I don’t think I have got that exceptional level of ability required for the job" — Michael Gove, June 2016

"I have decided to put my name forward for the leadership" — Michael Gove today

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    The problem with politics is that it attracts politicians.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    It's like the red (but blue) wedding.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    edited June 2016
    ennspek said:

It's naff all compared to the other side of the dispatch box.  If the Tories are the Red Wedding then the Labour party is Stannis Baratheon's army fucking off into the sunset just before the battle of Winterfell Brussells.

Actually the comparisons between GoT and British/European politics are frighteningly uncanny.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    ennspek said:

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    If we don't have a restriction as to who is eligable like the US then I vote Dave Grohl for Prime Minister - it would make a lot more sense than what we have now. 
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9783
    edited June 2016
    I'd love to ask Gove if he considers himself to be a good politician. Or even an expert politician.

Because quite frankly, the country has had enough of experts.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    May seems to be favourite.
    She is charming.
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    If I got the top job I wouldn't give Gove the steam off my piss yet alone a job

or even the steam off one.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited July 2016

"If anyone wants me to sign a piece of parchment in my own blood saying I don't want to be prime minister, then I'm perfectly happy to do that" — Michael Gove, August 2012

"I’m constitutionally incapable of it. There’s a special extra quality you need that is indefinable, and I know I don’t have it. There’s an equanimity, an impermeability and a courage that you need. There are some things in life you know it’s better not to try" — Michael Gove, March 2012

"In order to be prime minister of this country, you need to be an exceptional person... I don’t think I have got that exceptional level of ability required for the job" — Michael Gove, June 2016

"I have decided to put my name forward for the leadership" — Michael Gove today

An excellent and reliable summary of all that's wrong with British politicians, whatever side of the divide you lay your political colours.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    The very first thing that whoever wins needs to do - assuming hopefully it's not Gove - is to sack him. He's an utterly disloyal conniving shit and can never be trusted.

At least May will probably do that, apparently she can't stand him... which at least says something positive about her judgement.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9717
    ICBM said:

Stunning summary of the WHOLE situation.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    ICBM;1133442" said:

Heseltine is more to the point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36677623
    I don't think being criticised by old Emperor Heseltine is necessarily a bad thing....