Michael Gove slagging of Boris

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    It's night of the long knives, Gove says Bozzer can't unite party or country, indicating vicious turmoil behind the scenes in Tory party.

I'll make my position clear: Gove is a twat

And will never be a publicly elected PM
    He never wanted to .. remember? His job was to take out BoJo.

However, the favourite (May) never wins so this should be interesting ... if Gove wins I'm voting Corbyn. Not as a protest vote but because he's the better option.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10018
    Garthy;1133939" said:
    ennspek said:

It's like the red (but blue) wedding.

It's naff all compared to the other side of the dispatch box.  If the Tories are the Red Wedding then the Labour party is Stannis Baratheon's army fucking off into the sunset just before the battle of Winterfell Brussells.

Actually the comparisons between GoT and British/European politics are frighteningly uncanny.
    Sounds like when people tried to make Lord of the Rings into an allegory of the world war
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Fretwired said:
    It's night of the long knives, Gove says Bozzer can't unite party or country, indicating vicious turmoil behind the scenes in Tory party.

However, the favourite (May) never wins so this should be interesting ... if Gove wins I'm voting Corbyn. Not as a protest vote but because he's the better option.
    You'd best hurry up, then!

Fretwired said:

You'd best hurry up, then!
    And don't foget that Mr and Mrs Gove are journalists and great mates with an Australian called Murdoch.

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    If I was a Tory I'd back May and get this whole thing sorted in double quick time, especially as Labour has imploded.
    They could have a new 5 year mandate before the end of the year if they get their arse in gear.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2344
    If I was a Tory I'd back May and get this whole thing sorted in double quick time, especially as Labour has imploded.
    They could have a new 5 year mandate before the end of the year if they get their arse in gear.
    What a horrific thought.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2046
    There's truth in that but the new PM will want their time in the sun.  May will probably win, for better or worse, put together a Brexit team and leave them to it.  Then she'll have the space to come up with some "eye-catching initiatives" of her own.

With the advent of fixed-term parliaments you need the consent of the opposition to call an earlier GE, so Labour won't agree to one until they're good and ready.  Probably about 2020.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355

He is a complete bellend
    So not circumcised? This is not the image my mind's eye wanted to see this morning ....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    BigLicks67 said:

If I was a Tory I'd back May and get this whole thing sorted in double quick time, especially as Labour has imploded.They could have a new 5 year mandate before the end of the year if they get their arse in gear.
    They can't call an election due to the fixed term parliaments rule brought in by Cameron. To do so requires a large parliamentary majority (I can't remember how much) but very few MPs would risk voting for it given the disarray in both parties.

I actually think it's a good thing - the last thing we need now is yet more chaos and fewer experienced MPs.

Whoever wins can then take the difficult decision to either go ahead with leaving the EU by government prerogative or putting it to parliament, with no fear of direct repercussions for keeping their jobs for four years - ie not having to look over their shoulders when trying to do what's best for the country.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6183
    There could be wisdom in that. If she could negotiate something with the EU that would meet the public mood, she could go to the polls with a new stay in policy and put the whole thing behind us and with five years to put her stamp on the country.

Not my preferred option, I think we should carry through the referendum vote and leave, we may never get another opportunity to decouple.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I'm looking forward to having a woman back in charge.

ICBM said:
    BigLicks67 said:

If I was a Tory I'd back May and get this whole thing sorted in double quick time, especially as Labour has imploded.They could have a new 5 year mandate before the end of the year if they get their arse in gear.
    They can't call an election due to the fixed term parliaments rule brought in by Cameron. To do so requires a large parliamentary majority (I can't remember how much) but very few MPs would risk voting for it given the disarray in both parties.

May would get one if she called an election to ratify an EU deal. For example, if the EU gave us a really good deal to stay and promised reform. The referendum was no but May could argue things have changed but rather than have another referendum she could go to the polls on a stay in the EU ticket.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Fretwired said:
    And don't foget that Mr and Mrs Gove are journalists and great mates with an Australian called Murdoch.
    As if I needed another reason to hate Michael Gove.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    On the topic of Gove:

There's more on google..!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    Gove is ruthless, cold, calculated, intelligent, conniving, manipulative, and callous.
    And as such I can't think of a better prospect out the conservatives to argue as better deal as we can out of the EU going forward.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
    edited July 2016

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    Fretwired;1134497" said:

May would get one if she called an election to ratify an EU deal. For example, if the EU gave us a really good deal to stay and promised reform. The referendum was no but May could argue things have changed but rather than have another referendum she could go to the polls on a stay in the EU ticket.
    The FTPA is pretty clear. There are two ways that an election could occur. The first is for the House to resolve that the House has no confidence in HM Government. I can't imagine Labour going for that in the mess they are in so you would need an awful lot of Tories to vote their own government down. If May did get a deal that the party liked it would then be farcical to then vote for no confidence in that same government.

The alternative is for two thirds of the entire H of P membership to resolve that there should be an early election. 434 members would have to form this resolution. Again, I don't believe Labour would want this right now in the state they are in and I don't think it would benefit the SNP as third largest party so they wouldn't go for it.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    edited July 2016
    RandallFlagg;1133460" said:
    Does Gove think slagging off his fellow party members is what we need right now? He may as well join Labour.

He is a complete bellend
    Yes because it's what the old guard want. whole referendum was done for the benefit of the true Tory part of the part. Getting a soft Tory like DC out was a goal, turning Gobby to mush was another. Now Gove has shot down another liberal Tory in Boris. Just look at the bloody leadership election, it's not full of soft liberal Tories.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I suspect the last two will be May and Ledson. The knife wielder never gets the prize un the Tory party.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    edited July 2016
    Evilmags said:
    I suspect the last two will be May and Ledson. The knife wielder never gets the prize un the Tory party.
    Except when it was Thatcher…

(vs Heath, not when she was herself deposed.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein