"Made me feel awesome": Thread

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    BigMonka;1138901" said:
    jd0272 said:

My children were removed from my estranged wife by social services and police.

My children are now back with Dad. :)

Wow, that's amazing JD, I'm chuffed for you. Is it a permanent thing?
    Early days mate, but over my dead body are they going back to her, so yes, staying with their Dad.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Bucket said:
    Evilmags said:
    Listening to that made me feel awesome. Nice share. (and listening to how good you are at such a young age, Jazz probably beckons at some point). The piano solo was lovley as well.
    Awww and that made me feel awesome in turn! This thread works :D

And yeah, that piano solo is gorgeous.
    hahaaaa… yes….
    this thread is about our victories great and small…
    they may not happen often, but when they do it's wonderful
    play every note as if it were your first
    jd0272 said:
    BigMonka;1138901" said:
    jd0272 said:

Wow, that's amazing JD, I'm chuffed for you. Is it a permanent thing?
    Early days mate, but over my dead body are they going back to her, so yes, staying with their Dad.
    I think this one will be infectious..
    it'll make us all feel awesome
  • Gave a dying lady a last few moments of happiness the other day, by talking about her career in music. She felt her life had been worthless because of her career teaching and playing music compared to the work of the healthcare team, so I put her right and gave her a hug. Her family were last to see her, and said she spoke more highly of me than anyone else. That was nice - actually caring for someone, not just doing jobs.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272 said:

Wow, excellent news!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4953
    Clarky said:
    and just when I thought I'd had this years quota of feel good today
    I got this link to a review of the new album from 'da boss'

haaa… it's been a better than average day...
    What a great review - 9.5/10!  Well done you!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4953
    jd0272 said:

That's fantastic news, JD - all the best for you!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    edited July 2016
    Clarky;1138844" said:
    @jonnyburgo I'm not sure what's funnier, the Peter Pan bit or the stapler.. lmao…

this pic was taken back in Jan this year with the DC Band when we were shooting the promo vid for the new album

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12509584_10153487867888003_1198595083474404161_n.jpg?oh=31b0ee49b0446382f507b2f396ee1e79&oe=583769BC
    I'm not sure if a blue body warmer and red sneakers is the best look for you but you shifted some timber!

;) ;)
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    Great news @jd0272.

Good to see things are finally going your way.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    breakstuff;1139278" said:
    Great news @jd0272.

Good to see things are finally going your way.
    Yes indeed. Super news matey.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

Iamnobody said:
    Clarky;1138844" said:
    @jonnyburgo I'm not sure what's funnier, the Peter Pan bit or the stapler.. lmao…

this pic was taken back in Jan this year with the DC Band when we were shooting the promo vid for the new album

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12509584_10153487867888003_1198595083474404161_n.jpg?oh=31b0ee49b0446382f507b2f396ee1e79&oe=583769BC
    I'm not sure if a blue body warmer and red sneakers is the best look for you but you shifted some timber!

;) ;)
    hahaaaaa…. have a LOL
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited July 2016
    Last year at a rather large local music festival (Rhythms Of The World in case you don't know) I attended with my mates as is the custom. I decided to buy a Mexican wrestling mask and wear it for the rest of the day.
    I got the usual calls of 'EEYY GRINGO!' and 'REY MYSTERIO!' which were in good jest, and then at random times of the day these parents would stop me and say that their young kids were transfixed by the superhero in front of them.
    Yes they really thought I was a superhero (although I did have a shirt with 'Pig Destroyer' written on it). I got to pose for photos with them and generally make their day a little bit more special. I couldn't stop grinning.

Then later on down the pub, I left with my mate and this long line of girlies waiting to get into a nightclub went up to me and wanted me to 'rescue' them. I was quite confused but they basically just wanted me to pick them up like Superman and whisk them away like a damsel in distress. One lass in particular found it very exciting she gave me a little 'reward'....if you knarwhaddahmean. Heh heh heeeeeh.

At the festival the next day, all my friends were begging me to let them wear it. I told them to fucking do one.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Clarky said:

Is that Mick Hucknall on the right?

Dopesick said:
    Last year at a rather large local music festival (Rhythms Of The World in case you don't know) I attended with my mates as is the custom. I decided to buy a Mexican wrestling mask and wear it for the rest of the day.
    I got the usual calls of 'EEYY GRINGO!' and 'REY MYSTERIO!' which were in good jest, and then at random times of the day these parents would stop me and say that their young kids were transfixed by the superhero in front of them.
    Yes they really thought I was a superhero (although I did have a shirt with 'Pig Destroyer' written on it). I got to pose for photos with them and generally make their day a little bit more special. I couldn't stop grinning.

Then later on down the pub, I left with my mate and this long line of girlies waiting to get into a nightclub went up to me and wanted me to 'rescue' them. I was quite confused but they basically just wanted me to pick them up like Superman and whisk them away like a damsel in distress. One lass in particular found it very exciting she gave me a little 'reward'....if you knarwhaddahmean. Heh heh heeeeeh.

At the festival the next day, all my friends were begging me to let them wear it. I told them to fucking do one.
    hahaaaa… that is proper awesome
    can I lend the mask.. lmao
    Clarky said:

his name is Mick [bassist]… but not Hucknall… lmao
    Clarky said:
    Clarky said:

And that bloke with the blue body-warmer looks like Jimmy Page!

Clarky said:
    Clarky said:

And that bloke with the blue body-warmer looks like Jimmy Page!
    now this is getting funny… lol..
    his name is Jinny not Jimmy.. lmao
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    jd0272;1138878" said:
    My children were remsoved from my estranged wife by social services and police.

@jd0272 I hope it's a permanent thing. Massive respect to you!

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28042
    Pfffff.

I get the "Are you a personal trainer" line from hot local women all the time.
    But you live in Margate.

There are no "hot local women".

Nice work Mr C.  Did she see your knees??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Pfffff.

I get the "Are you a personal trainer" line from hot local women all the time.
    But you live in Margate.

There are no "hot local women".

Nice work Mr C.  Did she see your knees??

Ah I can see where it's gone wrong. It should have read "Are those your personal trainers or did you nick them?"

Whaddya mean 'there's no hot women in Margate?' We have Tracey Emin for a................oh, wait...............