Celebs bleating about Farage & Bozzer quitting...

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
    Ewan McGregor, Lily Allen, Charlotte Church, Tarzan Heseltine, all bleating about Farage & Bozzer stepping down and not leading the charge to exit UK from EU and blaming them for the mess.

Jog on...

I voted on what I felt was right in the long run, not what the Leave campaign leaders were chanting. Neither Farage or Johnson were in a position of power to lead the exit from EU and I never expected them to do so, only Cameron was. I guess some people may have voted because of what the leave campaign leaders were spouting, but I was not one. I quite like Bozzer but don't care 2 hoots that he is not running for PM.

So, please don't treat me like some dumb sheep that voted because they said so, I have my own opinion, integrity and voice.

If you want to bleat your sour grapes, consider aiming some at Osborne and Cameron for their negative preacher rhetoric, which may have turned many voters against remain.

Out of interest...when you voted to leave, who did you have in mind to lead us out of this mess?
    The elected Government, who called the referendum in the first place

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dogload said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Even you, @RandallFlagg
    How gracious of you

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    dogload said:
    Everyone is entitled to a ridiculed for their opinions.
    FTFY.
  • I'm not saying what my thoughts are - just explaining why people are miffed and confused. And it is confusing - because nothing was explained beforehand. There was no plan, and their should have been. Which really should have been the campaign (for both leave and remain camps). But, honestly, what do I know? I don't. So I'm confused, as is the rest of the country.

The whole thing makes me think, "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" of our leaders - regardless of their "side". That doesn't make me feel confident about times ahead. It doesn't mean I'm not prepared to suck it up and get on with it, though.
    I'm not saying what my thoughts are - just explaining why people are miffed and confused. And it is confusing - because nothing was explained beforehand. There was no plan, and their should have been. Which really should have been the campaign (for both leave and remain camps). But, honestly, what do I know? I don't. So I'm confused, as is the rest of the country.

The whole thing makes me think, "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" of our leaders - regardless of their "side". That doesn't make me feel confident about times ahead. It doesn't mean I'm not prepared to suck it up and get on with it, though.
    I agree.

It's shocking to think that Cameron, elected leader of our Government had no plan for a Leave vote except resign, never mind Farage & Bozzer, they are side shows, Cameron is (was) the person in charge, called a referendum and slopes off because the result wasn't to his liking. This is what he will be remembered for.

All this shit aside I still firmly believe that the UK will emerge stronger and better once we get through the leaving process. The EU will look very wobbly after we go and in hindsight, in years to come, history will look back and show it to be the right decision. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    All this shit aside I still firmly believe that the UK will emerge stronger and better once we get through the leaving process. The EU will look very wobbly after we go and in hindsight, in years to come, history will look back and show it to be the right decision. 
    I'd say that in years to come, history will look back and show it to be the decision that was taken.

S'not like you can actually compare the possible outcomes, beyond speculation (informed or otherwise).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Even you, @RandallFlagg
    How gracious of you

Yes, it is. Thank you :)
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6183
    You can't blame Farage for a bit of a gloat. He was subjected to far more ridicule and contempt when he first started UKIP.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    It strikes me that the whole Brexit thing is a bit like the story of Moses: the Jews are led out of Egypt and into the 'promised land', but nobody read the small print - it just so happened to involve 40 years of wandering around in the desert first.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

axisus said:
    It strikes me that the whole Brexit thing is a bit like the story of Moses: the Jews are led out of Egypt and into the 'promised land', but nobody read the small print - it just so happened to involve 40 years of wandering around in the desert first.
    :-) :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Celebs ought to be more worried about this ... Stronger In’s head of strategy, Ryan Coetzee, had run the Liberal Democrat 2015 election campaign .. :-)

Where it all went wrong ...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/how-remain-failed-inside-story-doomed-campaign

• brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 365
    You can't use your star power to help bring about the biggest constitutional crisis since the 17th century, for reasons to with personal advancement rather than strong convictions, then concede that you were just a big joke all along when you realise your colleagues aren't going to give you the top job after all, and try to go back to being a loveable clown, without some people being a bit cheesed off.

Cameron is just bones for historians to pick over now, and I think Gove at least believes his own very odd ideas. But Boris Johnson seems to think he has a future in public life. I really hope he's wrong.
  • the_pman28the_pman28 Frets: 72
    edited July 2016
    Ewan McGregor, Lily Allen, Charlotte Church, Tarzan Heseltine, all bleating about Farage & Bozzer stepping down and not leading the charge to exit UK from EU and blaming them for the mess.

Jog on...

I voted on what I felt was right in the long run, not what the Leave campaign leaders were chanting. Neither Farage or Johnson were in a position of power to lead the exit from EU and I never expected them to do so, only Cameron was. I guess some people may have voted because of what the leave campaign leaders were spouting, but I was not one. I quite like Bozzer but don't care 2 hoots that he is not running for PM.

So, please don't treat me like some dumb sheep that voted because they said so, I have my own opinion, integrity and voice.

If you want to bleat your sour grapes, consider aiming some at Osborne and Cameron for their negative preacher rhetoric, which may have turned many voters against remain.

Out of interest...when you voted to leave, who did you have in mind to lead us out of this mess?
    Ah I see...despite all the political commentary in the lead up saying that Cameron would have to step down following a leave vote you expected him to stick around and steer the country in a direction he'd campaigned against. 

Jog on...

Ah I see...despite all the political commentary in the lead up saying that Cameron would have to step down following a leave vote you expected him to stick around and steer the country in a direction he'd campaigned against. 
    Isn't the Government more than just David Cameron? Last time I voted in a General Election I thought I was voting for a local representative of a political party, not the prime minister.

Is the whole Government stepping down?

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    edited July 2016
    Fretwired said:
    Celebs ought to be more worried about this ... Stronger In’s head of strategy, Ryan Coetzee, had run the Liberal Democrat 2015 election campaign .. :-)

Where it all went wrong ...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/how-remain-failed-inside-story-doomed-campaign
    Will Straw's the funny one as executive director. Failed to win a seat last year in the GE, dumped as a school governor in the past, you've got a failed Remain campaign now in your CV, and Papa Straw is about to get mentioned in the Chilcot report. Happy times for the Straw family indeed. 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    axisus said:
    We don't need a Brexit voter to run the country. On the contrary, I'd prefer a non-brexit person. The deed is done and now we should get back to having the best equipped politician from the incumbent party taking the nation forward. This will probably not be a back-stabbing power grabbing bastard.

I couldn't care less about whether the person in charge was an in or out bod. To me it's down to the best man (or woman) for the job, and they need to get a move on with it.

God knows why we have to wait until September for all the voting to finish, there's only a handful in the running. Anyone could be forgiven for thinking it's like an Emp_Fab project.

axisus said:
    We don't need a Brexit voter to run the country. On the contrary, I'd prefer a non-brexit person. The deed is done and now we should get back to having the best equipped politician from the incumbent party taking the nation forward. This will probably not be a back-stabbing power grabbing bastard.

I couldn't care less about whether the person in charge was an in or out bod. To me it's down to the best man (or woman) for the job, and they need to get a move on with it.

God knows why we have to wait until September for all the voting to finish, there's only a handful in the running. Anyone could be forgiven for thinking it's like an Emp_Fab project.

Tory members have to vote for the last two - I guess it's a postal ballot. Doesn't matter much as Europe's about to close down for a month. I think the EU is closed for 6 weeks as is our parliament so not much will be happening. Talks could have started between civil servants but Junker has put a stop to that.

• the_pman28the_pman28 Frets: 72
    edited July 2016

Jog on...

Isn't the Government more than just David Cameron? Last time I voted in a General Election I thought I was voting for a local representative of a political party, not the prime minister.

I am crediting you with enough intelligence to pre-empt that something as major as leaving the EU may have pretty significant consequences for a government that was largely in favour of remaining. Maybe I am wrong to do so...

...and the question stands...given that Cameron was anticipated to stand down in the event of a leave vote, who did you have in mind to steer us through the next few months / years when you cast your vote?

Jog on...

I am crediting you with enough intelligence to pre-empt that something as major as leaving the EU may have pretty significant consequences for a government that was largely in favour of remaining. Maybe I am wrong to do so...

...and the question stands...given that Cameron was anticipated to stand down in the event of a leave vote, who did you have in mind to steer us through the next few months / years when you cast your vote?
    Well it was the government that called the referendum at this time wasn't it? Are you suggesting they didn't contemplate a Leave vote?

I had no-one in mind in particular at the time of voting, I voted on a question within the structure of the referendum put before us. but I am a Tory voter so May looks the best of the current contenders.

As soon as we get a new PM elected and the government has a clear and strong plan I am sure things will settle, even your somewhat pointless digging at my intellect.