Andy Murray ...

What's Hot
Amazing job, 2nd Wimbledon title / Bloody hell, how could he let that match go?*

*Delete as applicable 

PSN id : snakey33stoo
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34006
    He's won.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6185
    He played some fantastic tennis, returning Raonic's serves was a stupendous feat. It's great to see a player who can do more than just send 130mph serves down the court, he's got a brilliant all round game.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Yeyyy British Murray won!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Great game, well earned result - even Ivan Lendl sort of smiled at the end.  And not forgetting Chris Froome in yellow jersey now in the Tour de France, not back for GB.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73149
    That was a very dominant performance. The score-line with two tie-breaks doesn't really emphasise how much… Raonic played well, but Murray was just too focused and relentless for him.

I don't think we've seen the last of Raonic at this level though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I was impressed with Raonic
    My V key is broken
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27861
    Murray was fantastic. You don't win any grand slam final in straight sets without being so. But Raonic also played very well, he just wasn't quite at Murray's level for the duration, and particularly for the key points. Wouldn't surprise me to see him regularly in finals over the next few years though.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    A victory for the Scot (not British despite winning) Andy Murray. Properly good today - I very much enjoyed it.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Two Wheelchair and a mixed doubles win as well for GB
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Awesome for Murray!
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 473
    edited July 2016
    Raonic did well but Murray is that level above him. A masterful, dominating display. A great sportsman and a lovely guy too, contrary to the "boring" tag that's stuck for some reason.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73149
    jpttaylor said:

A great sportsman and a lovely guy too, contrary to the "boring" tag that's stuck for some reason.
    I think because he has that bone-dry Scots delivery and can sound quite monotonic, he can come across as humourless and boring.

On court he's also quite aggressive and intense, which can seem a bit "un-British" - although I think that's probably part of why he's the first British man to win a Wimbledon singles title in over 70 years...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DominicDominic Frets: 16297
    Miserable,brooding,intense ,focused and aggressive .........that is why he is a winner.If Frank Bruno had been similar we would have had a Boxing world Champ also .
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29209
     the Scot (not British despite winning) Andy Murray. 
    He's Scottish and British whether he wins or not.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Its all those mints.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16447
    Can I just throw in a well done to Jordanne Whiley? She was above Eric Jr at school so bit of a local hero.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12532
    Dominic said:
    Miserable,brooding,intense ,focused and aggressive .

...only on court though. A friend of mine worked at Fred Perry when they sponsored him and said he was a lovely guy, unlike some of the other prima donna sports people she'd met through work.  
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Sporky said:
     the Scot (not British despite winning) Andy Murray. 
    He's Scottish and British whether he wins or not.

As Lewis Hamilton is British whilst winning the British Grand Prix.

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited July 2016
    boogieman said:
    Dominic said:
    Miserable,brooding,intense ,focused and aggressive .

...only on court though. A friend of mine worked at Fred Perry when they sponsored him and said he was a lovely guy, unlike some of the other prima donna sports people she'd met through work.  
    This^
    I used to play tennis against (& occasionally train with) the Murray brothers when they were teenagers & have seen them a few times since, both of them are REALLY nice guys and very down to earth. 
    Andy is certainly the less charismatic of the two- simply because he smiles less! He's very funny & likes a laugh, just not when he's competing- which is when most people see him.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Dominic said:
    Miserable,brooding,intense ,focused and aggressive .........that is why he is a winner.If Frank Bruno had been similar we would have had a Boxing world Champ also .
    I thought Bruno was WBC World Champ at one point when he beat McCall and then lost the title in his next fight to Tyson
    play every note as if it were your first