Andy Murray ...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7835
    Really nice to see Andy get this one - to win 3 majors in an era with Federer - Nadal - Djokovic all hitting the highs at various points is no mean feat.. he's been knocking on the door of grand slam finals for years, yet had so many knock backs and that shows the mental toughness of the man. He has constantly searched out how to improve, and really is a role model for anyone on how to be the best you possibly can and make the most of your talents. Over the last few weeks he's looked to be back to his best, really hope he stays healthy and can snag the US Open now. Would love to see him get an Australian open too, 5 losing finals must be agonizing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6274
    Clarky said:
    Dominic said:
    Miserable,brooding,intense ,focused and aggressive .........that is why he is a winner.If Frank Bruno had been similar we would have had a Boxing world Champ also .
    I thought Bruno was WBC World Champ at one point when he beat McCall and then lost the title in his next fight to Tyson

He was indeed.

Bruno was actually a pretty damned good boxer. One of our better ones to be fair to him. Sadly for him, he got to the top when Tyson was around, and was at his more or less prime. No-one could an on form Tyson back then. Also, Bruno just lacked the 100% killer instinct. I don't buy the glass jaw talk either: you get hit hard by a full on heavyweight, on your jaw corner, its lights out, for most fighters.

Bruno had huge punching power. Tyson said he thought  horse had kicked him when Bruno lamped him in round one of that fight. But the fear got to Bruno and he couldn't see it through.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Snap said:

Bruno had huge punching power. Tyson said he thought  horse had kicked him when Bruno lamped him in round one of that fight.
    How did he think a horse had managed to sneak into the ring, kick him and then sneak out without anyone in the venue seeing it? Tyson's a f*cking idiot.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Andy Murray is an unlucky guy. Unfortunate to be around at the same time as three all-time greats in Djokovic, Federer and Nadal. If he'd have been born earlier he'd probably have had a stash of Grand Slam titles by now, he's a better player than the likes of Andy Roddick, Leyton Hewitt and Jim Courier who all won GS's.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Snap said:
    Clarky said:
    Dominic said:
    Miserable,brooding,intense ,focused and aggressive .........that is why he is a winner.If Frank Bruno had been similar we would have had a Boxing world Champ also .
    I thought Bruno was WBC World Champ at one point when he beat McCall and then lost the title in his next fight to Tyson

He was indeed.

Bruno was actually a pretty damned good boxer. One of our better ones to be fair to him. Sadly for him, he got to the top when Tyson was around, and was at his more or less prime. No-one could an on form Tyson back then. Also, Bruno just lacked the 100% killer instinct. I don't buy the glass jaw talk either: you get hit hard by a full on heavyweight, on your jaw corner, its lights out, for most fighters.

Bruno had huge punching power. Tyson said he thought  horse had kicked him when Bruno lamped him in round one of that fight. But the fear got to Bruno and he couldn't see it through.
    I agree completely..
    I think Bruno's main weakness was his mobility.. he could be a bit like a statue at times and become a big target..
    in the first Tyson fight he had him in trouble early on.. like you say, he just didn't have that killer instinct to finish him off..
    in the 2nd Tyson fight, Bruno looked like he'd lost before it'd started.. he was clearly afraid of him..
    I'm glad he managed to take the title though.. he deserved to get his name on the belt even briefly..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32025

Snap said:

Bruno had huge punching power. Tyson said he thought  horse had kicked him when Bruno lamped him in round one of that fight.
    How did he think a horse had managed to sneak into the ring, kick him and then sneak out without anyone in the venue seeing it? Tyson's a f*cking idiot.

Bruno's ears taste a bit horsey apparently - so anyone could make that mistake. 
    :)