The Disclose your Salary Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    Declared income last year: under £7,000. 

And no I'm not running a meth lab as a secondary source of income. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    More than the average and less than double it.

Incidentally, the whole "it's rude to ask" etiquette is actually very much a British thing; when I've worked in companies with Europeans, Americans and Australians they've never had a problem with other people knowing. I wonder if it speaks to an in-built jealousy in our culture (probably related to our apparent dislike of successful people).
    Well I fit the same salary profile as you describe. But like @snap says it's one of those personal things that I feel I don't need to make public. I do my best to detach my personal life from the net.

If a friend or family member asked I would tell them - probably not a complete stranger.

Jealousy doesn't factor in my decision not to publish the exact figure here.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777

More than average, but then my wife doesn't work.

Oh, and the £10k/year bonus for voting leave.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4761
    edited July 2016
    Joint household income is around £xxxxxx but mrsrlw earns the greater proportion of that.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Hmm. Just discovered that I may not have a proper income for at least 1 more year. From this academic year onwards. Post Graduate funding is available from the Student Finance types... MSc and PhD studies are fundable... At this rate I may never work again ;-)  
  • £16000, give or take. But currently working part time so I can volunteer and apply for more jobs and internships. Hoping to get into something I feel passionate about and get a post grad qualification in that and progress. Sadly, the things I'm interested in don't seem to pay. I've literally never applied for a job that pays more than £25k. I've only ever had one interview since graduating. I'm hoping to turn things around now, but I'm feeling quite low. And I still have to care for a couple of members of my family. My degree skills are out of date - so unless an employer takes pity on me, I don't see myself getting into medicinal chemistry or environmental impact stuff anytime in the next 30 years. :( I'm half kidding really. I'm taking steps to gain experience, and I'm going to make a fucking massive concerted effort to apply for lots of jobs in the next couple of weeks (got some time off). I'm going to have to apply for jobs below my qualification though, and hope to work up.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    £6,800 per annum. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    £16000, give or take. But currently working part time so I can volunteer and apply for more jobs and internships. Hoping to get into something I feel passionate about and get a post grad qualification in that and progress. Sadly, the things I'm interested in don't seem to pay. I've literally never applied for a job that pays more than £25k. I've only ever had one interview since graduating. I'm hoping to turn things around now, but I'm feeling quite low. And I still have to care for a couple of members of my family. My degree skills are out of date - so unless an employer takes pity on me, I don't see myself getting into medicinal chemistry or environmental impact stuff anytime in the next 30 years. :( I'm half kidding really. I'm taking steps to gain experience, and I'm going to make a fucking massive concerted effort to apply for lots of jobs in the next couple of weeks (got some time off). I'm going to have to apply for jobs below my qualification though, and hope to work up.
    Go back to uni and pick up a Masters? Can get it on student finance now. 
  • Myranda said:
    £16000, give or take. But currently working part time so I can volunteer and apply for more jobs and internships. Hoping to get into something I feel passionate about and get a post grad qualification in that and progress. Sadly, the things I'm interested in don't seem to pay. I've literally never applied for a job that pays more than £25k. I've only ever had one interview since graduating. I'm hoping to turn things around now, but I'm feeling quite low. And I still have to care for a couple of members of my family. My degree skills are out of date - so unless an employer takes pity on me, I don't see myself getting into medicinal chemistry or environmental impact stuff anytime in the next 30 years. I'm half kidding really. I'm taking steps to gain experience, and I'm going to make a fucking massive concerted effort to apply for lots of jobs in the next couple of weeks (got some time off). I'm going to have to apply for jobs below my qualification though, and hope to work up.
    Go back to uni and pick up a Masters? Can get it on student finance now. 

Yup, that's my plan - but I'd like to get a headstart with money so I can afford to move somewhere that'll take me (only got a 2:2 with, currently, no industry experience). So my idea is get a relevant job, rebuild my skills and learn about an industry, then get back to study and go from there. I've given it a lot of thought, but ultimately the key for me is first getting a job I enjoy - I want to cry both before and after a shift at the moment! 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5595
    I get paid enough to buy nice beer, decent food and not be in debt.
    That's all I need.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I earn fairly well, slightly above the UK average, and my mrs does ok too, but it feels like I'm back signing on as I'm getting crushed by a mountain of debt.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7708
    Under £6000 salary.
    <cough>tax dodge</cough>
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    edited July 2016

TimmyO said:
    Under £6000 salary.
    <cough>tax dodge</cough>
    D 

My accountant is annoying me.

Apparently I can't make sure I poo during work hours to make the toilet roll a business expense.

I even offered to keep a log book.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    edited July 2016
    Wow. I can't believe that nobody is willing to disclose their salary. It's not like we know each other personally is it !

What's the big problem everyone has with doing so ? I really don't get it ! Is everyone scared that it might be used to judge them ? Well, I'm on £29,450 pa plus a company car. I can top that up with a bit of overtime now and then, but it's fairly rare that makes much of a difference.

There we are... I've disclosed my salary !!! OMG !!! My salary isn't an indicator of who I am as a person, or a mark of my character. I know people who earn three times as much as me and are complete arseholes. If anything, I've found that the lower the salary, the nicer the person. Stop being such prissy bellends and share your salary.... and gain strength from the sharing !

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    I think I'm going to start a thread called "disclose your account and pin number" 

fuck off ya nosey git! 

:) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited July 2016
    Emp_Fab said:
    Well, I'm on £29,450 pa plus a company car.
    Holy shit. Can't believe you just did that.

Image result for shower pet detective

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    Why?  I gave a whole paragraph with full breakdown.   Stop being precious - its only a figure FFS.

28k plus car, plus military pension of 11.4k.

See - Ive done it again, and the sky hasnt fallen in.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited July 2016
    Why?  I gave a whole paragraph with full breakdown.   Stop being precious - its only a figure FFS.

28k plus car, plus military pension of 11.4k.

See - Ive done it again, and the sky hasnt fallen in.
    Just started raining here :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    More than Myranda.....probably less than Fretmeister.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16370
    As of 5/9/16 it will be £0 at the moment  :'s I really need to pull my finger out... :'(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom