I don't understand the search function in this forum

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:
    Still, the search function is totally useless...
    Bit of an exaggeration - I find it quite useful, but it's not perfect by any stretch. Our problem is that the search plugin is incredibly touchy - to the point of being terrifying to work with code-wise, and there aren't any viable alternatives that don't destroy the server in terms of resources.
    Its not perfect, its rubbish. You really DO sound like a bad IT consultant from the nineties giving excuses for software that fails in its basic function.  Is it impossible to provide a simple word search box on the mobile site that will bring up results in the 'most recent first' order?
    Do you really think that slagging off the admins busting their asses to make this place better will ingratiate you with us or make us more likely to listen to your complaints?
    Sir. I had no wish to ingratiate myself with the admins. I am simply a consumer of your site giving you feedback. Dismiss it if you wish. But if you ever wish to monetise this site, as was mentioned last year, then I'd suggest handling of consumer feedback and provision of a viable search function should be higher on your agenda.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27139
    edited July 2016
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    Bit of an exaggeration - I find it quite useful, but it's not perfect by any stretch. Our problem is that the search plugin is incredibly touchy - to the point of being terrifying to work with code-wise, and there aren't any viable alternatives that don't destroy the server in terms of resources.
    Its not perfect, its rubbish. You really DO sound like a bad IT consultant from the nineties giving excuses for software that fails in its basic function.  Is it impossible to provide a simple word search box on the mobile site that will bring up results in the 'most recent first' order?
    Do you really think that slagging off the admins busting their asses to make this place better will ingratiate you with us or make us more likely to listen to your complaints?
    Sir. I had no wish to ingratiate myself with the admins. I am simply a consumer of your site giving you feedback. Dismiss it if you wish. But if you ever wish to monetise this site, as was mentioned last year, then I'd suggest handling of consumer feedback and provision of a viable search function should be higher on your agenda.
    I might consider it if you weren't generally dickish about it; we get paid to take such idiocy with a smile at work, but not here.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, what's involved in doing so, the problems inherent to the system, how much time we've invested in trying to fix the search issues or our plans regarding the site, but equally you're not interested in an explanation of why we haven't solved the problem yet, so I'm pretty sure I can be forgiven for dismissing your insult-laden comments.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

In other words, fucking shut up @Chalky mate :P

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    You're right @digitalscream, I didn't ask those questions. But then neither did the thousands of consumers of my client's service. However, my client has accepted my recommendation to spend half a million dollars a month for nine months responding to said consumer feedback.  I guess the voluntary sector works different to my world.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Chalky said:
    You're right @digitalscream, I didn't ask those questions. But then neither did the thousands of consumers of my client's service. However, my client has accepted my recommendation to spend half a million dollars a month for nine months responding to said consumer feedback.  I guess the voluntary sector works different to my world.
    Wow, did you really just try to play the "My job means I'm reallyreallyreally important" card? That's one step removed from, "Don't you know who I am?" when the cashier doesn't process your gold card quite quickly enough.

Explains a lot about your contribution to this thread so far. Your sense of entitlement is incredible.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    hobbio said:

In other words, fucking shut up @Chalky mate :P

See above.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28082
    Chalky said:
     my client has accepted my recommendation to spend half a million dollars a month for nine months responding to said consumer feedback. 
    If you could persuade someone to give us "half a million dollars a month for nine months", then we'd certainly be more able to respond to your consumer feedback.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    digitalscream said:
    Chalky said:
    Wow, did you really just try to play the "My job means I'm reallyreallyreally important" card? That's one step removed from, "Don't you know who I am?" when the cashier doesn't process your gold card quite quickly enough.

Explains a lot about your contribution to this thread so far. Your sense of entitlement is incredible.
    No. You asserted that I didn't know what I was talking about, but I do know a bit about handling consumer feedback on large scale IT services. And I've never seen a question like "Has the caller ingratiated themself with the operator?" in call centre scripts. And you know as well as I do that there is a lot of truly exceptional quality software out there that the authors wrote for free - doing it for free is not an automatic constraint on quality. And I'm sure it wouldn't take half a million dollars @TTony, just someone with the right skills.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    Chalky said:
    digitalscream said:
    Chalky said:

No. You asserted that I didn't know what I was talking about, but I do know a bit about handling consumer feedback on large scale IT services. And I've never seen a question like "Has the caller ingratiated themself with the operator?" in call centre scripts. And you know as well as I do that there is a lot of truly exceptional quality software out there that the authors wrote for free - doing it for free is not an automatic constraint on quality. And I'm sure it wouldn't take half a million dollars @TTony, just someone with the right skills.
    Well, unless you insult your customers when handling feedback like you did earlier, we've just established that you know absolutely nothing about dealing with people.

Given that you also have absolutely nothing constructive to say and actually just wanted to have a pop at us without the slightest knowledge of what's being discussed, kindly take your entitled attitude with you and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Or do, it makes no odds to me. Either way, we'll give you a full refund on your membership fee as compensation for the inconvenience of being forced to use the search function.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17940
    tFB Trader
    Chalky said:
    Oh do fuck off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
     :3 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

You've gone to seed in your middle age IMHO, Chalky, lass: