Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Songs you "had" to play but hated

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    New Shoes by Paulo Nutini. Hate it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I Gotta Feeling. Really works well with a guitar-based, fat white man fronted trio.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anything by AC/DC . I know people love em...but
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    Sister Golden Hair by America.

It is awful

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I was in a prog covers band for a few years. We played things like Siberian Khatru, Supper Ready, Dogs and....

bloody Afterglow, AKA "dirges 'r us". Hated it.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2256
    I actually like some of the choices and will include them in the set list. I joined a classic rock start up band a couple of years ago and asked why we were playing All Right Now, Sweet Home Alabama, Smoke on the Water, Stairway to Heaven etc. I was told that these songs went down well in the local pubs. Luckily the band folded after two rehearsals and I didnt have to play them live. I was already looking for a disguise. 

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    "Should I Stay or Should I Go". A dreadful one indeed. "Valerie", by Amy W. I don't know why but I've never precisely enjoyed this one. We also played "Rehab" by Amy, and this one I do like.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8025
    Bone machine by The Pixies. 

I've come to peace with it since....
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Hey Joe
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    My old cover band had every crap cheesy pub band song you can think of! Not quite sure how I lasted 4 years in that band. Everyone always commented on how bored I looked at gigs.
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    DesVegas said:
    Roland said:
    Mr Brightside
    I came here to say that

I also came here to say that.
    I'd trade Mr Brightside for what is currently topping my soul is deserting me list: Shut up and Dance. The only redeeming feature of this song is that at the point in the video where you really, REALLY want to twat the guy in the face for being the epitome of everything you hate about learning songs you hate having to learn(!) a boxing glove comes into view and does exactly that. Brilliant.

The other recent one that springs to mind is Dynamite by Taio Cruz. I think I actually threw my toys out over that one and refused to play it properly. Suffice to say we don't play it any more. 
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    DesVegas said:
    Roland said:
    Mr Brightside
    I came here to say that

I also came here to say that.
    I'd trade Mr Brightside for what is currently topping my soul is deserting me list: Shut up and Dance. The only redeeming feature of this song is that at the point in the video where you really, REALLY want to twat the guy in the face for being the epitome of everything you hate about learning songs you hate having to learn(!) a boxing glove comes into view and does exactly that. Brilliant.

The other recent one that springs to mind is Dynamite by Taio Cruz. I think I actually threw my toys out over that one and refused to play it properly. Suffice to say we don't play it any more.