Do you twitch at the Window waiting for the neighbours to go out too?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LukeageLukeage Frets: 35
    I am very fortunate to have a house that's very nicely detached from neighbours on both sides. Concrete walls help. So does being in a part of the house which is a good distance away from other bedrooms, so even at night I can have low volume noodling sessions without really troubling anyone at all. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited January 2014
    Hahaha - wass bad Karama posting this!

Was teaching yesterday from 4 - 6pm and for about *5 mins only* I turned up the wick so the guy could hear his £99 starter set with A) a well matched drive pedal through the starter set's  tin of wasps 6" amp and B) his stratocrappycopy through my Fender 65 Super Reverb to the sound of me belting out the chords to REM's The One I love... and then by comparison, what a vintage Fender Strat sounds like through same...

Came back online to this email!!

+
    "...We are now getting a bit fed up with having to listen to your guitar, it sounds quite loud in here and we had a visitor today and they thought it unbelievable. Please can you keep it down."
    +
    So, I await their incessant spring+summer of strimming, petrol mowing,+ hover mowing at same time and 2 stroke hedge trimming for hours on end before I deliver my reply!!!

Anyways, dunno what they were so bothered about - It sounded Freakin Awesome!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

All the time.. but then  I do live next to @mudslide73 :D
    I sometimes get caught out though, like yesterday where I decided to hammer my home built amp for a few minutes whilst testing out my Strat after rebuilding it, only to find they had come home whilst I was testing. Sorry old bean :\">  

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    edited January 2014
    It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't so good!! It's been more demoralising than annoying!! I often think about my Mum's neighbours having to put up with my beginner phase.... @equalsql sounds like he should be in Steely Dan!! :D (who else's neighbour has lent them Telecasters and drive pedals, and been to gigs with them?).

I'm in two bands so I don't really practice with an amp at home. I'm very concious that my ears won't last forever too. :D
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Both my neighbours either side are reasonably noisy. I take their noise so I don't mind giving some back, though I'm never unreasonable.
    That said, if the bloke on the left keeps letting his barking dog out for a last gypsy's at midnight, I'm going to have to start placing my Orange against the party wall.
  • I live in a large detached house* and so I can play as loud as I like during the day when the kids are at school. In my youth I probably would have gunned it - but I'm surprised how low I have the volume. It's probably louder than I'd ever have played in flats or semi-detached houses I've lived in, but still not anything like stage volume.

*I'm not wealthy, my wife is a vicar and so we get a vicarage to live in while she's working in the village.

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited January 2014
    Live in a detached house & am lucky with one bedroom dedicated to all my gear. 

Anytime I'm working near home I occasionally come up at lunch time (mrs citizen at work & kiddos at school) & whack the amp up full & rock out for a while. 

Poor pooch runs & curls up under a bed somewhere - only lasts a while until something falls off one if the shelves in the room - good for testing new pedals ;)
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• bignormbignorm Frets: 196
    I used to have a rehearsal room unit next to the airport so no neighbours to complain when i occasionally turned up the wick, happy days now long gone
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    viz said:
    Detatched house but the other day I leapt round in surprise when my wife kicked me, the whole family were standing there with their fingers in their ears saying they'd heard me as they'd driven up the road adjoining ours.
    I used to get that in our old detached house made of 70s and 80s pretend bricks
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    my first house was a 1911 semi
    next door were dormouse-quiet students, but one year we got a louder bunch
    No problem, except for a morning I needed to be up early for work, and during the night, one got in at 2am and put his hifi on at max volume

I had a Marshall 100w and a 4x12, so that went up against the wall at 6am, running my hifi through it
    I may have heard some tapping, but can't be certain

Never had any late night noise again from that chap...
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited January 2014
    bignorm said:
    I used to have a rehearsal room unit next to the airport 
    that wouldnt have been mid-80s  would it Norm ?  near an antiques place,  just up the road from where there are (were ?) two pubs on the corner ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.