Watch out - one day heatwave coming !

What's Hot

Comments

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5073
    edited July 2016
    Emp lives in Margate now? When did he move, and why didn't we all get the memo?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Emp lives in Margate now? When did he move, and why didn't we all get the memo?
    Well I guess that explains @chillidoggy 's flounce...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    edited July 2016
    octatonic said:
    If you are Welsh why do you live in Margate?
    I'm getting worried about you now @octatonic, first you only recently came to the conclusion I'm a miserable bugger and now you think I live in Margate !  You should have a read of this, soon;  http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dementia-guide/pages/dementia-diagnosis-tests.aspx
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    P.S.  I'm not actually Welsh either.  I was born in Slough - which technically makes me Pakistani.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    Emp_Fab said:
    octatonic said:
    If you are Welsh why do you live in Margate?
    I'm getting worried about you now @octatonic, first you only recently came to the conclusion I'm a miserable bugger and now you think I live in Margate !  You should have a read of this, soon;  http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dementia-guide/pages/dementia-diagnosis-tests.aspx
    I think it is all this mild weather we're having.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    I bloody love this weather. Trouble is my dog doesn't, she's not having a good time with it at all bless her. Doesn't help that our house is so well insulated, it's impossible to cool the fucking thing down!
    Pugsley struggles terribly.  I have a fan and a garden spray water bottle.  Thankfully I don't need to spray him indoors as our house is cool, but on walkies I spray him regularly.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    I think we need to get a fan for her just so she has something to breeze on her whilst she's in her crate during the day. 

It would be fine if there was any sort of breeze out, as we would leave the windows upstairs open to create a through-flow, but having had 3 months of solid wind, it decides to disappear on the hottest day of the year. What a prick. 
  • It's officially taps aff weather here in Edinburgh. 
    The kids & I have been in the garden since 8am. Shame I've got to go to work at lunchtime. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3454
    I dont like heat. I always hated anything over 25, but that was before a summer tour of Iraq. 52 in the shade, and having to work in full combats and body armour. I don't complain any more.
    @paulmapp8306 does / did the army provide you with anything in particular to ensure you don't expire in such temperatures? How do they keep everyone useful in that kind of heat?
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    It's pissing me off, trying to keep a 150l fish tank as close to 25 degrees as I can. 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Today I shall eat ice cream, keep an eye out for semi naked ladies and melt

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12462
    29 degrees here in Hazel grove, damn hot.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    speshul91 said:
    It's pissing me off, trying to keep a 150l fish tank as close to 25 degrees as I can. 
    Can't you sling some of those freezer blocks in ?  The ones you stick in your lunchbox ?

• Here in mid wales it too hot.
    i can tell that because my pants are starting to stick to my bottom.
    Bollocks.  Just had a shout to a job in the centre of Brizzle.  33C there apparently..

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Didn't drink too much last night so should really get to work and away from these quotes as I need the money after working all day Sunday and Saturday morning.  So digging out an 8 metre Phyllostachsys vivax bamboo grove with a pickaxe and grubbing out a footing and laying some setts in full sun with a visit to the green waste tip it is then.  Hat and wet T shirt then pub as it's 35C in here at the end of the day. 

It's a vicious cycle, I don't how anyone is supposed to stop drinking when it's above 25C.  Full moon tonight so I should be in good stead to avoid walking into the trees on the 2 mile march home from the pub.

I do quite enjoy the self inflicted pain from polycotton trousers on day's like today.  Thought I could take it easy in the heat for a couple of days but the phone keeps bloody ringing as well.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    Sambostar said:
    Didn't drink too much last night so should really get to work and away from these quotes as I need the money after working all day Sunday and Saturday morning.  So digging out an 8 metre Phyllostachsys vivax bamboo grove with a pickaxe and grubbing out a footing and laying some setts in full sun with a visit to the green waste tip it is then.  Hat and wet T shirt then pub as it's 35C in here at the end of the day. 

It's a vicious cycle, I don't how anyone is supposed to stop drinking when it's above 25C.  Full moon tonight so I should be in good stead to avoid walking into the trees on the 2 mile march home from the pub.

I do quite enjoy the self inflicted pain from polycotton trousers on day's like today.  Thought I could take it easy in the heat for a couple of days but the phone keeps bloody ringing as well.
    I thought you'd go the stubbies and long socks route on a day like today, ya fuckin' bogan.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29222
    joneve said:
    I bloody love this weather. Trouble is my dog doesn't, she's not having a good time with it at all bless her. Doesn't help that our house is so well insulated, it's impossible to cool the fucking thing down!
    Sprocket has a new-found love of the paddling pool.

First she barked at it.

Then she fought it.

Then it won.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."