Boris: rinsed.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31263
Who said Americans dont do irony?

Torn to shreds and rightly so

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/10153904481576939/

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27165
    Kerry's face is an absolute picture :D

Honestly, this is a cautionary tale to the younger generation. Be careful in everything you say, because one day you might be tempted by a job that you're not qualified for, which was only offered for the comedy value of seeing you squashed under the weight of all your previous smack talk.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited July 2016
    Hoe we have this dikwad as foreign secretary.  The fella is a joke. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29222
    The thing is, he may come across as a blundering buffoon, but that hides his inner blundering buffoonery.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10061
    Well done to those that voted for this in the last election and I suppose the referendum too
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    I don't know what people expect.... he was a journalist, the sort of journalist not necessarily that concerned with telling the truth over scoring political points either. Trump has a lifelong history of spouting rubbish too and he looks like he'll be the next president, so it's obviously not that important anyway.

At least Boris is combing his hair these days. 
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    See, it is true that obama doesn't like britain, compared to almost any other president he has shown the least interest in the "special relationship" we have. Would I go as far as t bring his kenyan heritage into it? No. But it is fairly obvious he has something against the UK (possibly something to do with the BP oil spill in part?).

Hillary clinton is a witch. "She’s got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital" Do I disagree? No. I actually think she is worse than donald trump (waits to have rocks thrown at me), at least everyone knows trump is a wanker, but a lot of people think trump being a wanker instantly makes Hilary a saint, which gives her the opportunity to be as shit as she wants, but as long as she hides it she can get away with being an evil little bitch.

The stuff he said, in my opinion (you may love Hilary, who knows) is true, but he just added a funny aspect to it. Like a drunk middle class person telling a joke.

I respect him for having the balls to say all of that, instead of just not commenting on anybody so that he doesn't pick sides. 

But now he is in a position that his relations with foreign polititians, directly affects the UK's relations with foreign countries. And his somewhat true, somewhat funny comments made in the past are going to bite him in the arse, but more importantly, will bite us in the arse too.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    Mkjackary said:

I respect him for having the balls to say all of that, instead of just not commenting on anybody so that he doesn't pick sides. 
    What's to respect, exactly? He was sniping from the sidelines at people who don't have any reasonable opportunity to directly respond. At the time, he was even less relevant to them than the average Fox News anchor...it's barely different from the average guy at the pub saying exactly the same thing. Would you consider that guy to have "the balls to say all of that" and be worthy of respect for doing so?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3454
    edited July 2016
    We moan about politicians being cardboard cutouts who spout catefully crafted 'lines to follow' and can't express a seemingly genuine opinion...and some complain when we have politicians who say what they think, choose to make jokes and pepper their speeches with interesting language and vocabulary. 

Personally i'd quite like to see *more* individualism and personality in politics. 

Do I think Boris' past comments will have an effect? Not really, no. Erdogan might have a problem but I'm all for taking the piss out of politicians or heads of state who pass and enforce laws against mocking them. The more pomposity that gets pricked the better imo.
    We moan about politicians being cardboard cutouts who spout catefully crafted 'lines to follow' and can't express a seemingly genuine opinion...and some complain when we have politicians who say what they think, choose to make jokes and pepper their speeches with interesting language and vocabulary. 

Personally i'd quite like to see *more* individualism and personality in politics. 

Do I think Boris' past comments will have an effect? Not really, no. Erdogan might have a problem but I'm all for taking the piss out of politicians or heads of state who pass and enforce laws against mocking them. The more pomposity that gets pricked the better imo.
    Boris has insulted just about everybody you might be able to think of on the world stage, and made it clear that he sticks to his views. Do you honestly believe that's not going to have any effect on his ability to constructively deal with them? Bear in mind that these are people, not roles. They're all going to be pretty pissed off, and that'll put him in a position of relative weakness.
    <space for hire>
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3454
    Fuck 'em

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Mkjackary said:

What's to respect, exactly? He was sniping from the sidelines at people who don't have any reasonable opportunity to directly respond. At the time, he was even less relevant to them than the average Fox News anchor...it's barely different from the average guy at the pub saying exactly the same thing. Would you consider that guy to have "the balls to say all of that"?
    The guy at the pub is speaking his mind, I wouldn't consider him having balls to say it because speaking your mind in a pub nobody cares about.
    However a politician speaking their mind and saying what they actually think is something I respect. It is the same with Jeremy Corbyn. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I respect the fact he doesn't just read from a script that has been proof read by a team of 30 advisors. IE David Cameron, Ed Miliband etc 

Also, Obama and Clinton have had all the time in the world to respond, especially now that he is foreign secretary. At the time he was mayor of the capital city of the closest partner to the US, bit more than a fox news anchor... If they wanted to comment they have had every chance. 
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Boris is not dangerous because of his buffoonery, or the things he says. He is dangerous because underneath his outward comedy value the guy is an incredibly intelligent calculating risk taker.   If he could change social policy in the UK he'd made IDS look like a saint.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10061
    They might comment when they've had time to stop laughing at him
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29222
    Mkjackary said:

At the time he was mayor of the capital city of the closest partner to the US
    Boris was mayor of Ottawa?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    maybe Boris could learn from Obama and go around calling every single country on earth 'our oldest… closest.. ally'
    play every note as if it were your first
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32043
    If someone as intelligent, cultured and genuinely respectable as Obama supposedly hates what the UK has become maybe it's time we took a good look at ourselves rather than send complete arseholes out into to world to liaise with them. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    p90fool said:
    If someone as intelligent, cultured and genuinely respectable as Obama supposedly hates what the UK has become maybe it's time we took a good look at ourselves rather than send complete arseholes out into to world to liaise with them. 
    why break a 200 year old trend
    play every note as if it were your first
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    Clarky said:
    p90fool said:
    why break a 200 year old trend
    Lol or wis? Wis or lol?  :)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12122
    p90fool said:
    who'd rather live in the US?
    I think the UK is a far more civilised country
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811

Boris has insulted just about everybody you might be able to think of on the world stage, and made it clear that he sticks to his views. Do you honestly believe that's not going to have any effect on his ability to constructively deal with them? Bear in mind that these are people, not roles. They're all going to be pretty pissed off, and that'll put him in a position of relative weakness.
    You are suggesting foreign politicians have to LIKE Boris or he is weak? That's bloody stupid logic. International politics is not a love-in. The Reagan-Thatcher relationship is always held up as an example because leaders liking each other is so rare.