Boris: rinsed.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27165
    Chalky said:
    We moan about politicians being cardboard cutouts who spout catefully crafted 'lines to follow' and can't express a seemingly genuine opinion...and some complain when we have politicians who say what they think, choose to make jokes and pepper their speeches with interesting language and vocabulary. 

Personally i'd quite like to see *more* individualism and personality in politics. 

Do I think Boris' past comments will have an effect? Not really, no. Erdogan might have a problem but I'm all for taking the piss out of politicians or heads of state who pass and enforce laws against mocking them. The more pomposity that gets pricked the better imo.
    Boris has insulted just about everybody you might be able to think of on the world stage, and made it clear that he sticks to his views. Do you honestly believe that's not going to have any effect on his ability to constructively deal with them? Bear in mind that these are people, not roles. They're all going to be pretty pissed off, and that'll put him in a position of relative weakness.
    You are suggesting foreign politicians have to LIKE Boris or he is weak? That's bloody stupid logic. International politics is not a love-in. The Reagan-Thatcher relationship is always held up as an example because leaders liking each other is so rare.
    *sigh*

Here we go again.

No, I'm not suggesting that they have to like him. You don't have to like all of your co-workers. However, if they've repeatedly - and personally - insulted you in public in a direct attempt to influence the way others think about you in a negative way, it can seriously get in the way of a productive working relationship.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32043
    p90fool said:
    If someone as intelligent, cultured and genuinely respectable as Obama supposedly hates what the UK has become maybe it's time we took a good look at ourselves rather than send complete arseholes out into to world to liaise with them. 
    who'd rather live in the US?
    I think the UK is a far more civilised country
    Parts of it are and parts of it are not, but that has nothing to do with my point. 

Hopefully Trump will get in, then we won't feel even remotely embarrassed by Johnson. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom