That moment when you realise...

What's Hot
NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Since ive been on this forum, ive always wanted to be able to post pictures in the 'Pictures of you playing live' thread. Im now able to do that as ive got a couple of gigs under my belt. Unfortunately, its not just a couple of gigs ive got under my belt.

So, I wont post this in that thread, ill put it in here instead to show everyone what a fat fecker I am. Absolutely mortified when I saw this, and its given me a bit of a kick up the arse to sort myself out.

The Musiclab Live - Saturday 9th July 2016

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I know that feeling well..
    I look back at old pics from various tours and just cringe..
    shedding 5 1/2 stone was one of the best things I have ever done..
    absolutely life changing

best of luck to ya
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I'm trying to lose weight. Have been for 10 years. On the plus side, I'm a stone lighter than I was a few years ago, but basically things aren't moving. 

Hey, you're playing live - that's more than I've ever done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6192
    You look like you mean business. That's what counts.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Swap to bass and you'll look fine. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4655
    DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Thanks chaps.

Just need to work out a plan now. I hate exercise, and love eating...Its gonna be tricky.

@DesVegas If I get to the point where I can actually DO 20...ill gladly give them to you :)

thanks mate (and 1 for the corps!)
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Look quite cool I thought. Still best of luck if it'll make you healthier/happier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29224
    If you don't like exercise, try just going for a walk every lunch time or each evening. I am noticeably less lardy since Sprocket arrived in the house and requires regular excursions, but as it's just going for a walk in the woods it doesn't feel like exercise.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."

Cheers :)

Obviously im disgusted that ive let myself go like that, but from a health point of view...well...I don't really want to keel over from a heart attack whilst playing with my 2 year old Daughter. She is what will give me the mental strength.

Sporky said:
    If you don't like exercise, try just going for a walk every lunch time or each evening. I am noticeably less lardy since Sprocket arrived in the house and requires regular excursions, but as it's just going for a walk in the woods it doesn't feel like exercise.

Yeah, I already walk nearly 2 hours a day with the dog...

Just need to change other habits.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nikko said:

Thanks chaps.

Just need to work out a plan now. I hate exercise, and love eating...Its gonna be tricky.

@DesVegas If I get to the point where I can actually DO 20...ill gladly give them to you :)

it's not exercise, it's food..
    you cannot train off a shit diet
    especially when you're heavy..

when you're lighter, exercise has a bigger effect

eat shit just one day per week [Saturday for me]..
    the rest of the week be disciplined.. plenty of green stuff [veg / salad], plenty of clean protein [eggs, chicken, oily fish]
    cut back drastically on the carbs [sugars, potatoes, bread, cakes, pies, pasta, etc, and worse of all… beer]
    it's fkn boring eating this way..

but what is never boring is:
    wearing 32" trousers, M slim T-shirts, running up stairs and your heart don't even raise a beat, not waking up aching every morning, having a much better self image [an inner contentment sort of feeling], people treating you / talking to you very differently [sounds mental, but more smiles etc]… and the list goes on.. and most importantly, the positive mental outlook that comes with it..

and I don't miss out… it's never more than 6 days until I can have choccie, or cake or a curry etc..]
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    plenty of wis there^ 
    Good way of looking at it, cheers for that.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32043
    Gigging is a good start, we play for three hours and I sweat like a bastard, nobody is fat in our band. 

Good luck with it all, treat weight loss as a fun challenge like learning a language, don't beat yourself up. 

Clarky said:
    Nikko said:

Thanks chaps.

it's not exercise, it's food..
    you cannot train off a shit diet
    especially when you're heavy..

when you're lighter, exercise has a bigger effect

eat shit just one day per week [Saturday for me]..
    the rest of the week be disciplined.. plenty of green stuff [veg / salad], plenty of clean protein [eggs, chicken, oily fish]
    cut back drastically on the carbs [sugars, potatoes, bread, cakes, pies, pasta, etc, and worse of all… beer]
    it's fkn boring eating this way..

but what is never boring is:
    wearing 32" trousers, M slim T-shirts, running up stairs and your heart don't even raise a beat, not waking up aching every morning, having a much better self image [an inner contentment sort of feeling], people treating you / talking to you very differently [sounds mental, but more smiles etc]… and the list goes on.. and most importantly, the positive mental outlook that comes with it..

and I don't miss out… it's never more than 6 days until I can have choccie, or cake or a curry etc..]
    killer thing to add….

this is not a diet… because folks diet and then come off them when they've hit target..
    then go back to normal and get all sad when they rebound

it is a life style.. it's for good…
    clean eating to strip fat..
    moderate gym work to retain the muscle [so you don't end up like a twig once the fat is gone]
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    and you'll probably notice a pretty decent drop in the first week or so, if you radically change your diet for the better, followed by a smaller loss each week as time goes on.  Don't get into the habit of stepping on the scales every day to check though...there will be days when you don't lose / go up a bit and it could dent your confidence.  Once a week on the scales is plenty 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    play drums in a thrash band(do they still call them thrash?) 
    never seen a big drummer! 

cj73 said:
    and you'll probably notice a pretty decent drop in the first week or so, if you radically change your diet for the better, followed by a smaller loss each week as time goes on.  Don't get into the habit of stepping on the scales every day to check though...there will be days when you don't lose / go up a bit and it could dent your confidence.  Once a week on the scales is plenty 
    in the first month I dropped almost a stone
    after that I settled into a 1 1/2 lb to 2 lb loss per week for almost a year
    from there on I carried on dropping but in gradually smaller amounts until I stabilised 

I weigh myself every day.. this is to make sure I don't lose too much in a week
    2 lb per week is the max I wanted to lose to avoid loose skin etc being left over..
    so [not counting the first month], if I was dropping too quick I'd have a slice of brown bread that day to top myself up..

always weigh yourself in the morning [out of bed.. piss / dump… scales… then breakfast]
    Saturday is the 'fat day'.. and therefore Saturday morning marks the end of your clean week..
    so the Saturday morning weigh in is the one that matters.. the others are simply to keep an eye on things
    so… you're looking to drop 1 1/2 to 2 lbs from the previous Saturday morning..
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    What @Clarky said about avoiding junk food as much as possible.

I'm trying to shift a few stone as well and eating healthier most of the time has helped at least as much as the exercise. 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi