What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GulliverGulliver Frets: 852
    I had a similar experience and just embraced being a fat fuck

FAT PRIDE!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2286
    My diet is to eat healthy 5 days out of 7. I also weigh myself daily and keep within 86-88 kg. It was hard at first but after a while it becomes a habit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Gulliver said:
    I had a similar experience and just embraced being a fat fuck

FAT PRIDE!!!

Ahh yes, but could you get your arms around yourself whilst embracing it ? :)

I know I couldn't!

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    edited July 2016

Thanks again everyone for your advice and comments. Appreciate it.

Me and the Missus are taking the little'un to the coast this weekend (not sure what day yet), so that will be my fat day

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Mr Clark is a font of knowledge on this subject. There is no golden ticket, you have to stop putting shit in your gob. Having reached an age where single digit years separate me from retirement and getting a couple of health related scares in the past couple of years (fortunately just scares - but a great warning). I have taken to a healthier lifestyle (and I didn't think I was that unhealthy before). So we grow some veg on an allotment, cycle for fun, and eat in a way suggested by Mr Clarke cutting out most junk and carbs, the grains and flour based things are the worst especially because I like biscuites and cake and bread (I made my own bread too). We all know Pizza and chips and crisps and burgers are really bad, it is possible to remove them from the reqular diet and feel good about it. My weight is done every Friday morning post dump pre breakfast and was up .3 lb this week (biscuits wednesday). Generally I amd loosing 1-1.5lb a week without being manic and still getting some alcohol and bread from time to time. Today I weigh 230.3lbs and continue to go down slowly and enjoy the better fitting clothes and lack of tiredness. I fully recomend taking control of your health, you will thank yourself for it in the future.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5612
    Sarge said:
    play drums in a thrash band(do they still call them thrash?) 
    never seen a big drummer! 

Never seen Gene Hoglan then?
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2533
    edited July 2016
    I've lost 2 1/2 stone since May.

Portion size control and cutting out snacks was how I did it, initially anyway. Lost 16lbs in a month, but was pretty strict, 1200 calories a day maximum.

Drink lots of water, your body isn't very good at distinguishing hunger and thirst.

Exercise is all about finding something you enjoy and can do. I tried running but found it knackered my knees. I won't do swimming because I wouldn't have the confidence to wear swimming trunks in public.
    Then I discovered I enjoy cycling and have done about 1100km since taking it up about 2 months ago.  I did a 100 mile cycle yesterday which is something I never thought I'd be able to do.

My weight loss has now slowed a lot, I'm only losing 1lb a week, partly because I'm putting on leg and core muscle with hill training, and partly because I have less to lose, but I am still slimming down. 

My BMI was 30 (officially into the obese category) and I was barely fitting into 36" trousers, now my BMI is 24.5 and I'm down to a 32" waist, I've a lot more energy, and feel pretty good about myself for doing it.

It's definitely worth doing
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4655
    ^good man