How can I produce a CAD drawing for a scratchplate?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1089
    Jack was the first person that i contacted, but he wants a template to work from too. He's been very slow to reply as well, which is why I then went to Guitarbuild. As far as the blanks go, I have considered this, although I don't have the correct tools for cutting the pickup slots and I don't think I'd be 100% happy with the results. I may get one and mark of the relevant slots for someone else to rout, but I live in France, so that'd be a lot of arseache to be honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well this is proving to be a very tough ordeal...

A big thumbs up and thanks to @SteveRobinson for sorting out a CAD readable file for me. Thanks also to @Sporky for the offer of the same thing. You are both superstars in my book, regardless of what everyone else on here says ;-)

Guitarbuild's service seems very stripped down to me. They have said that they can use the file for a layout, but it wouldn't actually be used for cutting. I'm not quite sure what this means, but either way they haven't got any stock of 3 ply white/black/white in, although they 'might be getting some later in the year'. I'm throwing in the towel here as they just don't seem interested unless it's a standard plate which they can sell with a body.

As for Jack's Instrument Services, he finally came back to me at the weekend. The response has been a bit slow, but I imagine that he's very busy as his work does seem very good. The impression that I get from him is that he's enthusiastic and more than willing to give things a go, so fingers crossed that we can work something out and get this thing finished.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom