Honours list, what a joke

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1004
    boogieman said:
    Andy Burnham, the shadow home secretary, said that if the list was accepted it “will destroy any remaining shred of respect for the honours system”.

Maybe that's the point? The honours system is an anachronism, just like the monarchy itself. I'd like to think that Cameron's being satirical with this as a final "fuck you" to the whole thing. After seeing his final PMQ, that seems like a reasonable conclusion.

If that's the case, I'd like to buy the man a beer :D
    It would have made a bigger "fuck you" statement if he'd made no nominations at all. Or put Jimmy Cranky up for a peerage. 
    Imagine if they misunderstood and gave it to Sturgeon!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I never thought Dave was a particular knob but this is a bit ridiculous if his wife's hair stylist is on the list!?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    I'm pretty hacked off about it too.

Once again I've been overlooked for my tireless efforts to gain 'Lols' on theFB. If @ICBM gets one for his wisdoms this time round, I'll be unlikely to stick around....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Honours are for time-serving civil servants. These days, no one with any self-respect accepts honours.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'm pretty hacked off about it too.

Once again I've been overlooked for my tireless efforts to gain 'Lols' on theFB. If @ICBM gets one for his wisdoms this time round, I'll be unlikely to stick around....
    The wisdom @ICBM gets is probably to do with using less gain.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    I'd take one if any fucker ever nominated me.  Ive done 30 years working for charity so must tick some boxes.  Id see it as recognition for the service we provide and for the countless numbers of volunteers who work for us.

• During October will be my 29th wedding anniversary. So here's hoping I make the honours list next year. Nothing short of a Knighthood will suffice  :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7521
    If you're given a knighthood then you should damn well be able to joust, that's all I'm saying.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6939
    If you're given a knighthood then you should damn well be able to joust, that's all I'm saying.
    +1. And rescue maidens trapped in towers. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can rescue an Iron Maiden CD from my tower system.  Does that count?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo