• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Same package Warren ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    edited August 2016

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    edited August 2016
    £100 a month for 2x HD boxes with extra storage plus one non HD box and all channels.
    +whatever BT sport costs.
    Just TV, don't have their broadband or phone.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Never had sky and I can't believe the prices you guys are paying for what surely just amounts to more channels or crap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Never had Sky and judging by these prices never will!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    edited August 2016
    The moment Sky started charging me £7 a month as an "admin fee" because I don't have a telly was the moment I dropped them and will never use them again.
    I only went with them in the first place cos O2 broadband got taken over by Sky and I negotiated 12 months free internet.  Fair play, the service was reliable.  And it's difficult to argue with "free".  But £7 a month for not having a telly is just stupid.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27951
    monofin said:
    Never had sky and I can't believe the prices you guys are paying for what surely just amounts to more channels or crap
    Yup.

I have little enough time to watch "normal" TV. 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited August 2016
    Between Sky & BT about £100/month for the usual plus Sky Sports, BT Sport & the highest level of BT broadband 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    edited August 2016
    TTony said:
    monofin said:
    Yup.

I have little enough time to watch "normal" TV. 
    I do almost all my guitar practice with the TV on.
    I'm not really watching it, sort of half watching it whilst I work on technique stuff.
    it only goes off when I'm transcribing.

Same with drum rudiments- silent mesh head and the TV on in the background.
    It takes the boredom out to of the musical grunt work.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    I currently pay £38 a month for sky+ and family pack (includes HD/Box Sets and Sky go), however will soon be switch to Now TV. Have 80mbit broadband with BT which is about 30 a month
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    1st year - £17
    2nd year - £22
    3 months into 3rd year...£38.

Cancelled yesterday.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Companies who have dozens of offers and prices just piss me off. I shouldn't have to haggle and keep a constant eye on my bill to not get ripped off.

The latest carphone warehouse advert pretty much says "you have to haggle over your upgrade or we'll rip you off".
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I pay about £83 for fibre broadband, phone and fairly basic tv (no sport or movies).

Virgin media don't supply our road and I'm not a fan of BT so not much choice, other than freeview...
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5200
    I cancelled Sky in March as I was paying £70 ish for TV, Phone line and crappy speed broadband. Changed to BT with Super Fast Fibre Unlimited, phone and TV for £45..the only channels I miss are sky arts and Sky one. The Kids barely noticed as all the Kid's stuff is the same. I rang Sky and said ' Match BT or I'm off, don't dick around, offer me something now'...they just offered me 9 months of better broadband. (idiots)...I cancelled and ever since I switched there has been letters, emails and phone calls begging me to return...I said to them at the time..I like your product but I ain't paying through the nose to keep Eamon Holmes in donuts and Champagne..
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Think I've been paying around £80 for it with the Broadband package-this included box sets and the sports. If it wasn't for the Sports I could easily go without it or if you could just get the Sports I'd get that to be fair-I watch the Rugby, Cricket and Football so get my money's worth, if that's what the market rate is.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    tone1 said:
     the only channels I miss are sky arts and Sky one. 
    NowTV entertainment pass is £6.99 a month: http://www.nowtv.com/entertainment

Still leaves you quids in.

I might end up doing this, depends how I find BT tv. It doesn't make any sense that it's cheaper to have BT broadband and then buy Sky with NowTV than getting it all via Sky directly. Odd company!
  • SRichSRich Frets: 764
    edited August 2016
    tone1 said:
    I said to them at the time..I like your product but I ain't paying through the nose to keep Eamon Holmes in donuts and Champagne..
    LOL justifiably awarded.

They are a bunch of muppets and the customer retention team are pretty clueless.

However, it's very much like the insurance companies who have traditionally offered sweetener deals to lure people into their brand......whilst pissing off the folks who've been with them for years. It all get's confrontational and we vote with our feet.

I would consider a loyal customer, who's been paying a premium for a service for years, would be the one who is rewarded in some shape or form. Pro-Rata scale premiums as the length of contract increases?

You'd think that Sky...........and the insurance companies would see the light and offer real value. Although that's my naivety speaking and it's never going to happen..............

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    This thread is an eye opener.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31129

I get it free as I write for Sky Sports so I had a moan about it to them and got a free sub.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• tone1 said:
    ...I said to them at the time..I like your product but I ain't paying through the nose to keep Eamon Holmes in donuts and Champagne..
    That's a lot of donuts!