Haha

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I personally DO leave a trolley out. 
    My reasons are this. 
    1) parent parking is usually full near the trolley bay at my Tesco
    2) I have a choice then to either carry my child to the trolley bay, or leave him in the van while I get a trolley, which isn't really an option. 
    3) on the return journey I now have the dilemma of carrying said child AND shopping to van, or pushing trolley to van, unloading, walking trolley with child back to trolley bay, then carry child back to van. 

OR

leave trolley outside a child parking bay, making life easier for the next parent, and creating employment for trolley shepards. 

Btw the child trolleys are free. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • capo4th said:
    I use a child mannequin in the rear car seat for when my son is not with me so I don't get into rows with mums who can't get a space and have to walk an extra 30 yards.
    So it's you!!!!!!!

• Wolfetone said:
    And another thing....spaces for working people should be closest to the shop and parents/disabled the furthest away. Why? Because parents and disabled people have more time and working people don't. A shorter walk makes working people more productive therefore generating more wealth for the themselves and the country.

Same for the checkouts. There should be fast-track 'working people only' queues or, even better, passes that allow working people to jump queues!
    It's much easier to ban non workers from the shops after 5 and at weekends. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    edited August 2016
    I personally DO leave a trolley out. 
    My reasons are this. 
    2) I have a choice then to either carry my child to the trolley bay, or leave him in the van while I get a trolley, which isn't really an option. 
    3) on the return journey I now have the dilemma of carrying said child AND shopping to van, or pushing trolley to van, unloading, walking trolley with child back to trolley bay, then carry child back to van. 

OR

leave trolley outside a child parking bay, making life easier for the next parent, and creating employment for trolley shepards. 

I normally do some variation of 2 or 3 in your example. It's not hard - I know this because my wife also does it.

If everyone applied your theory those sections of the car park would be full of trolleys with no room for vehicle manoeuvres.

Fair play for admitting it though...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:
    I personally DO leave a trolley out. 
    My reasons are this. 

OR

I normally do some variation of 2 or 3 in your example. It's not hard - I know this because my wife also does it.

If everyone applied your theory those sections of the car park would be full of trollies with no room for vehicle manoeuvres.

Fair play for admitting it though...
    Only those parent parking bays. 
    I'm fully advocating having a paid sniper taking out those that leave trolleys in other areas of the car park. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    Hopefully the same sniper won't take out people who don't know the plural of trolley? I've edited my original post just in case...
    Previously known as stevebrum