SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Strymon Flint

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    No one?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good luck with this, @Gadget it's a beautiful pedal

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    edited September 2016
    Thanks

Another example of the crazy state of the secondhand market yesterday: I was watching a used Neunaber Immerse which ended at £181 + £6 postage. It's £199 brand new and in stock in the UK! Is it just me, or is isn't it mad to take the risk with secondhand just to save £12?...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gadget said:
    Thanks

Another example of the crazy state of the secondhand market yesterday: I was watching a used Neunaber Immerse which ended at £181 + £6 postage. It's £199 brand new and in stock in the UK! Is it just me, or is isn't it mad to take the risk with secondhand just to save £12?...
    I guess that's why eBay is stil popular with some. Items sell for more than what they are worth sometimes due to people getting over zealous and wanting to win it 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I think you may be right. People need to realise "win" is completely the wrong way to look at bidding the highest price in an auction.
  • Gadget said:
    Thanks for the input. I guess we'll see.

Honestly though, this pedal is £244 brand new, box fresh, with its warranty, delivered free from a reputable retailer, so I think £175 is a fair offer price secondhand. I don't see why people would pay 4/5ths (or more) of the new price for a secondhand one, even if it is 'mint'.

As a general rule (unless something is mega rare or vintage) I won't pay more than 3/4 new price and usually aim for 2/3rd of new price, but perhaps that's just me (?)
    supply and demand
    I think I got about what I paid new for my big sky
    Bump...
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2277
    edited September 2016
    Best to take into account now that there has been a price-hike on Strymon stuff pretty much across the board in the UK. Standard price for a Flint in the vast majority of retailers seems to be £299 now, so I think you really will be lucky to find a used one for £175 now.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Reality check.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Best to take into account now that there has been a price-hike on Strymon stuff pretty much across the board in the UK. Standard price for a Flint in the vast majority of retailers seems to be £299 now, so I think you really will be lucky to find a used one for £175 now.
    Wow so one can actually sell for more than one bought it for (pre Brexit) ..... possibly. Really should've kept mine
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    capo4th said:
    Reality check.....
    I take it by that comment that you're critical of my offer?
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited September 2016
    No not critical just highlighting that one of the most desirable Styrmon pedals for £175 would be an absolute bargain in the current climate based on recent price hikes of all USA products. 

capo4th said:
    ...one of the most desirable Styrmon pedals for £175 would be an absolute bargain in the current climate based on recent price hikes of all USA products. 

And that's bad, is it?

I posted before any price hike and presumably anybody considering selling bought before the price hike?

But regardless, I don't see the problem. I have offered an amount for a pedal ...

If you DO have a Flint to sell and you're happy with the offer price I've set (or close to it), then let's deal via PM.
    If you DO have a Flint to sell and you're not happy with my offer price, then thanks for looking.
    If you DON'T have a Flint to sell, then why are you ridiculing me over the price I've offered?

I make reference to classifieds rule #6.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I like WTB threads where the OP lists what they'll pay. It avoids a lot of non-starters.

Btw, great pedals these.  I miss mine and I have seen plenty sell for less than £175. Good luck with the hunt!
    Deijavoo said:
    I like WTB threads where the OP lists what they'll pay. It avoids a lot of non-starters.

Btw, great pedals these.  I miss mine and I have seen plenty sell for less than £175. Good luck with the hunt!
    Agreed. Thank you :)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    +1.  If you aren't selling one then I don't think you should comment.      Send a pm if you really think someone is way off but don't hassle them about it.  
  • Just for the record I wasn't being critical of the OP, I just mentioned the Strymon price hike in case it was useful to know.