Keepers

What's Hot

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 1109
    Them Gordon smith's can be awesome guitars when you find a good one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine is VERY low rent. It's the Harley Benton Te52 I modded for last summers challenge. 
    I'd always wanted a nice tele & now I have one- with great sentimental value. It also sounds great thanks to the OilCity pickup and wiring fitted to it. I've tried loads of other teles before and since I built this one, but none has that unique connection. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My Yamaha classical guitar that my late Gran bought me when I was 10 (over 30 years ago :/ ). 

Jagstang that my wife saw & bought me for an anniversary. 

Squier Mascis JM that was a 40th birthday present. 

Other than that, there's a pine tele body (currently an esquire) and a maple Strat neck (currently a tele deluxe) that I won't part with. 

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    edited August 2016
    Ovation Custom Balladeer - bought with money left to me when my Nan died, so has sentimental value.

US Std Telecaster - 50th birthday pressure from Mrs9000, so also has sentimental value.

MIM Std Strat - Now fitted with Oil City's finest and a Callahan sustain block. Currently my go-to guitar.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    1995 Jackson Dinky & my 1993 Washburn Mercury MG72 that was my 18th birthday present.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    68 Reissue Strat. Bought for me on my 14th birthday (2000). It's been heavily modified and the money I spent on it I could of bought a new american deluxe Strat but there is certainly a sentimental connection with it. I've used it for absolutely everything.

I'd like to say my custom shop Jackson will be a keeper but my mind always changes.
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1092
    edited August 2016
    1. Gibson Les Paul R9
    2. Gibson 355 
    3. Fender Paisley Tele
    4. Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    relic245 said:
    Them Gordon smith's can be awesome guitars when you find a good one.
    Yeah, it's the only guitar I've ever bought new. Came with Gordon Smith's handwound P90s which were (dare I say it) great sounding but buzzed and hummed like a wasp in a bottle. I gave four coats of conductive shielding paint throughout the entire guitar body and although an improvement, simply not really good enough. Dropped in a pair of Lollar P90s and although there's still some noise, it's kind of what you'd expect from P90s, but the tone from this thing is now extraordinary. Perfect neck for me too and no ostentatiousness about it, a real player's instrument. Simple and pretty close to perfect, oh and light as a feather. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4385
    edited August 2016
    ~80 guitars have been through these doors so far, here's the list of keepers:

1) PRS Paul's Guitar, and no he's not having it back.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    I'm very happy with my Japanese Mustang I bought of Thomann last year. Might get modded but the neck and body look/feel great so there's no point messing with that.

I love my MIM 60s classic tele but, I'd ditch it for one of the Japanese 62s. The japanese necks are just the best.
  • Something better always comes along.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30206
    My Ibanez Talman.

Not only is it the nicest feeling guitar I've played, it also has near-zero resale value. Win-win!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28439
    Keepers
    1. My first Bailey course build.
    2. My second Bailey course build.
    3. My third Bailey course build.
    4. My built-by-Bailey custom build.
    5. My first Kawai (a KS12XL, since you asked).
    6. My second Kawai (a KS11XL - my avatar here).
    7. My third Kawai (an F-1).
    8. My fourth Kawai (my Moonsault - a 50th b/day present).
    9. My PRS SE Santana (a 40th b/day present and the first time anyone else bought me a guitar).
    10. My self build Tele - so much better than normal Tele.
    11. My self build (rescue) DC.
    12. My JJ Jewel Jr - twin P90s of marvellousness, and the brand is named after our special dog.  Or possibly vice-versa.
    There's another 10-15 that I can't see me ever selling - a lot of those are Kawais, couple of other PRSs, my original Nighthawk.

And another 10 or so that I could see myself selling, except that I couldn't see anyone else buying (incl various self-builds and self-put-togetherers).

The rest are up for grabs though ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28439
    JookyChap said:
    1. Fretboard Jazzmaster
    2. See 1.
    Wow.

You've still got that???
     :o 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @TTony said:
    JookyChap said:
    1. Fretboard Jazzmaster
    2. See 1.
    Wow.

You've still got that???
     :o 
    I modded it a little bit...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NbblNtcgoE4/TxQlDukMUpI/AAAAAAAABqM/q6cp7mCTwp8/s1600/002.JPG

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NotNowJohnNotNowJohn Frets: 187
    My 1989 Steinberger Newburgh GM4T. Because of a youthful obsession with Reeves Gabrels, I'd longed for one for years. I finally found one 5 years ago from a New York dealer/collector. I actually bought two but couldn't afford to keep both.
    Anyway, to me it's irreplaceable and is always the first guitar I pick up. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28745
    Green Strat - my first guitar and trigger's broom
    Paisley Tele
    Gibson CS336
    custom La Cabronita 
    Gibson Dove

Those 5 are absolute never-sell bona fide keepers. Then I have my SG which is a far better musical instrument than its monetary value would suggest, so I doubt very much I'd ever sell.

The Gretsch and the JM haven't been around long enough to achieve keeper status. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    My Keepers are 

My 2007 Epi Sheraton. It sounds amazingly good and I can't improve on it for anywhere near to what I'd get if I sold it. On that basis I won't sell it.

My MJW Tweed Bantam- it's just a monster amp.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3529
    '90 SG 62 reissue. Saved two years of holiday work pay and bought it just before I turned 17. My only gigging  guitar for 10 years.

'09 Fender CS '67 strat LE. Don't like strats; love this guitar. Main gigging guitar since I bought it new in 2010. Did lots of gigs with it with previous band. I love this guitar more than any other I've played, ever.

Both definite keepers. I've had the SG for 26 years already...