Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone abandoned individual pedals and gone back to a multi-FX?

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    I didn't notice the FX on the G3 I had being any worse than the Line6 M series, or the Boss GT-100
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    you don't need a lot of extra pedals to make many FX take on a whole other dimension!

http://i61.tinypic.com/oqityr.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    I'll resist until Helix's are floating about at sub £400.  Don't think I'll ever get rid of pedals though as I like all the case colours.  I'm shallow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Just got a GT100. Am reading the manual. I have not read a manual for a piece of gear since about 1998.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1567
    edited September 2016
    JDE said:
    Just got a GT100. Am reading the manual. I have not read a manual for a piece of gear since about 1998.
    And that for me is the problem with multi fx compared to individual pedals... Simplicity of usage is key for me
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    andyoz said:
    I'll resist until Helix's are floating about at sub £400.
    Neeevvvveeerrrr gonnaaaa happpeennn...
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Drew_TNBD said:
    andyoz said:

Mate, wait long enough and Fredos will be £400 a go
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    JDE said:
    And that for me is the problem with multi fx compared to individual pedals... Simplicity of usage is key for me
    It's actually not that complicated, you just really need to read the manual, lol. To be fair, it could actually be less complicated than individual pedals for some people - particularly if they don't want to have loop switchers. Only played with it briefly, but once you ignore the stuff you're not going to use, it seems to be quite intuitive. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    I found the GT-100 the nicest multi to use other than the Helix.

It's really intuitive, you essentially just make a pedalboard on the screen then select a pedal and control it using the knobs. 
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    andyoz said:
    They are already going for £750 or less used
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    andyoz said:
    More fool those sellers then.
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    andyoz said:
    Hardly, it's only a matter of a year or 2 before Helix 2 ( this time it's personal) hits the streets.
    At that point Helix 1 will prob get a price slash, I bought my 11r secondhand with a flightcase for £450 few years ago, I'll get around £250-300 for it now, new they were £750ish. 
    Its a computer not a classic guitar. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    It will happen - maybe not in a year though.

A few weeks ago an Axe-Fx 1 (standard) and a pod HD500 went as a pair on ebay for £540. I make that about £400  or so for the Axe-Fx. They were £1600 new.
    relic245 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    It will happen - maybe not in a year though.

A few weeks ago an Axe-Fx 1 (standard) and a pod HD500 went as a pair on ebay for £540. I make that about £400  or so for the Axe-Fx. They were £1600 new.
    If you look:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_nkw=Axe FX&amp;LH_PrefLoc=1&amp;LH_Complete=1&amp;LH_Sold=1&amp;rt=nc&amp;_trksid=p2045573.m1684

You'll see that that one is a bit of an anomaly.

Its a computer not a classic guitar. 
    It's not a computer. It's a way of life.
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    You're right it is, however it's those anomaly's that gradually push the price downwards.

On that same page there are several ultra's. 1 went for £720 and 1 for £645 so prices are going down. That's including ebay and pay pal fees too though so the seller of the 2nd ultra didn't get much more than £600 for it. I sold my standard for £1200 not that many years ago. 
    edited September 2016
    I suppose so. I sold my Axe FX II MkII a while back for £1250, but that's what I paid for it 2nd hand too so....

I don't anticipate there being a Helix MKII until at least another 3 or 4 years tbh.
  • I'm quite happy sticking with my current pedals but in five or six years I look forward to picking up a helix or helix-a-like. Technology seems to be at the point now where the usability is what I want, now I just need to wait for the price to fall in line too.
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    I suppose so. I sold my Axe FX II MkII a while back for £1250, but that's what I paid for it 2nd hand too so....

I don't anticipate there being a Helix MKII until at least another 3 or 4 years tbh.
    Actually I was talking to Sean Halley the other night and he said that Line6 have 'banked' the next 2 overhauls of software and hardware interface to be drip fed out over the next 18-24 months. 

Then he then he tried to make me eat a trifle and my dad said I had to go in for dinner otherwise I wasn't allowed to have any more day trips to Cromer......

its possible this was a dream. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.