Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the worst track on a Beatles album?

What's Hot

Comments

• The sitar ones are mostly rubbish too, Tomorrow Never Knows clearly not included

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The sitar ones are mostly rubbish too, Tomorrow Never Knows clearly not included
    The Inner Light is so-so, but the verses that George is actually singing are fabulous. As someone who uses the British motroway network extensively, I can indeed confirm that the more one travels, the less one knows.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72331
    Skarloey said:
    @icbm What orchestration?! It sounds like some old boozer busking on a violin ;)
    Exactly! And the out-of-tune-sounding "organ". (Actually two Leslie'd pianos apparently.) I like it a lot more than the trite contrived-ness of McCartney's similar efforts, at least.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

...because it's got no sitar on it. ;)

I had to look it up, but it's a Tanpura.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

And Norwegian Wood 'obvs'....
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I love Don't Pass Me By, its one of my favourite Beatles songs! 

I agree about Bungalow Bill and Rocky Raccoon mind. My least favourite is definitely a toss-off between those two and Michelle off (IIRC) Rubber Soul. I've disliked it since I was a kid... I think it's it's just too mellow.
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260
    Goons. Rocky Racoon is one of the best!

Can't believe no one has mentioned Wild Honey Pie though. 53 seconds and still too long.
  • Beef said:

@BEEF I didn't know they covered it. Who sang lead, Sellers, Secombe or Milligan? 
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260
  • number 9, number 9
  • Beef said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned Wild Honey Pie though. 53 seconds and still too long.
    I like Rocky Racoon
  • Beef said:
    Indeed. Musicologists always argue that Rocky Racoon has a quasi-modal melody. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Some of the above are stinkers, indeed...

I think I'm plumping for Mr Moonlight from Beatles For Sale.

It really is fucking awful. 
  • KKJale said:

WHAT!!?? Lennon's voice is great on that!

I should not be reading this thread, you're all upsetting me
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJale said:

WHAT!!?? Lennon's voice is great on that!

I should not be reading this thread, you're all upsetting me

Lennons vocal is the only saving grace on that track. Some of the covers on that album are disappointing choices which is a shame because most of the Lennon/McCartney originals on there are excellent.
  • No. Ian McDonald is right about Mr Moonlight. Lennon sounds absolutely beserk on that track. A ballad and he's belting it out like he's on speed washed down with redbull cocktails. 
  • Mr Moonlight is probably the one Beatles track I could happliy live without ever hearing again. It sounds appalingly dated, even stacked up against the rest of the contents of a 52 year old album. Even the keyboard solo sounds tacked on and disjointed compared to the rest of the song. I don't really dislike Don't Pass Me By, Maxwell etc. While they are nowhere near their best, they at least have a certain charm to them that Mr Moonlight is just totally devoid of.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr Moonlight is probably the one Beatles track I could happliy live without ever hearing again. It sounds appalingly dated, even stacked up against the rest of the contents of a 52 year old album. Even the keyboard solo sounds tacked on and disjointed compared to the rest of the song. I don't really dislike Don't Pass Me By, Maxwell etc. While they are nowhere near their best, they at least have a certain charm to them that Mr Moonlight is just totally devoid of.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    All of them ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Its clearly not the worst song they ever wrote but I cannot listen to Hey Jude anymore. I absolutely hate it. Mainly because of that three hour long singalong at the end that everyone insists on doing these days. Urgh. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom