Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Heads up..Gibson Memphis ES Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Peach did a mail out on '63 335s and 64 345s with varitone (both not in natural) so there may have been some other deals too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmg said:
    Peach did a mail out on '63 335s and 64 345s with varitone (both not in natural) so there may have been some other deals too.

Are they on Peach's website?
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    edited September 2016
    Not sure, they were emailed out.  Must say these are great guitars and good deals, especially the coda deals
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1213
    pmg said:

Are they on Peach's website?
    They were posted on the ES335 thread:

This was sent out to our newsletter subscribers earlier..... http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/?u=22fd09966e46280cb6b637e79&id=f748af5574&e=0cb437d546

• Loving this deal, thanks Doug, NGD Thursday tomorrow! 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    richie said:
    Loving this deal, thanks Doug, NGD Thursday tomorrow! 
    Oooh what did you go for?
  • richierichie Frets: 84
    edited September 2016
    The 345 for me, I think its the one in the link that was in stock already. I have some pics Doug sent, any idea how I post? Am new here and can't see a way to upload pics, which seems crazy for a guitar site! 
  • I havent worked out how to spellcheck or edit either....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Check out the How To thread under New Members

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5500
    Very cool. Look forward to the NGD post. 
  • Think the old vari tones weighed in a lot heavier with heavy old school chokes these days they have done a great job on the one on my 64 345. All really useful sounds before you start playing with tone and blending the pickups the thing is full of great tones for many different styles. 

Nice set of offers Coda I am very tempted for the 330 very nice. 
  • richierichie Frets: 84
    edited September 2016
    Hope that works
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    @richie that is lovely!
  • Thanks! Been looking for a nice 335 for a year or so, jumped in when this deal came up as I've missed out on a few 2nd hand bargains this year already for being too slow. This one jumped out at me on the website and was a bit cheaper than the 335s as well - can't wait to get this today! 
  • Congrats! That was the standout axe there I feel. Enjoy!
  • Congrats! That was the standout axe there I feel. Enjoy!
    reported for referring to a guitar as an axe
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @meltedbuzzbox lol I apologise. I intended to type 'cat 'o nine tails'. Stupid autocorrect.
  • Reading this, seeing the same pretty much at Peach and reading the Gibson debt post makes me think the company is way down the slippery slope. Might be worth waiting for Xmas to see how far the prices slide on what seemed beyond reductions
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11512
    Reading this, seeing the same pretty much at Peach and reading the Gibson debt post makes me think the company is way down the slippery slope. Might be worth waiting for Xmas to see how far the prices slide on what seemed beyond reductions
    Didn't Doug say these are 2015 models.  It does suggest over production if this many haven't sold yet.  There must be thousands of 2016 models still in warehouses.

Gibson need to downsize a bit, make fewer guitars and sell them at full price.  The problem is that they won't be able to service their debt mountain that way.  I think it is only a matter of time until there is a chapter 11 bankruptcy or a sale to a new owner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom