PSA: Amazon 2015 Les Paul Deluxe £665 SG £374 & 335 for £427 - SCAM :(

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
edited September 2016 in Guitar
I lost track on what was good or not price-wise with the '15s, but surely this is cheap for a Deluxe?

Or this SG for £374

Or this 335 for £427

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• it does look like a good deal, but then I get so confused by 2015 models. The RRP on them to me, reminds me of those gaudy watches on QVC IE RRP £900 and for today only £120! I struggle to think how that model could be £1690,
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Just been looking at the same. Seller sounds German? Are the 15's really that bad? 
  • I think it was the 335 that looked amazing, though who knows. I didn't think they messed with them too much though

• SporkySporky Frets: 29087
    edited September 2016
    That 335's already been returned twice - read the comments.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Just been looking at the same. Seller sounds German? Are the 15's really that bad? 
    I had the Junior and it was lovely, really should have kept it. Just depends if you can handle the neck width, everything else is fixable 

• I think you may find this is a scam.... these aren't sold by Amazon.

And for those asking I think the 2015 Gibsons are excellent! And yes £1700 is the correct price for a Deluxe model, it's just under the standard price wise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I think if you get an ES for £400 odd quid it will be a fake at best or not turn up. The seller has no reliable feedback.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7699
    edited September 2016
    Take a look at the same seller's other Gibsons - I was genuinely about to go through checkout for a figured 335 then I saw the J-45 for £435...

Decided to take a rash punt. I'm currently unemployed. The missus is gonna go apeshit - @JookyChap I'm going to blame you 100% mate...  
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolutely definitely a scam. This happens all the time, sorry. Amazon's customer service is great, but their policing of third party sellers is appalling. I'd avoid third party sellers full stop if the item isn't at least fulfilled by Amazon. No warranty, no guarantee and doesn't qualify for Amazon Customer service when/if things go wrong.
    milamber said:
    Absolutely definitely a scam. This happens all the time, sorry. Amazon's customer service is great, but their policing of third party sellers is appalling. I'd avoid third party sellers full stop if the item isn't at least fulfilled by Amazon. No warranty, no guarantee and doesn't qualify for Amazon Customer service when/if things go wrong.
    Argh.
    Red ones are better. 
    Cancelled
    Red ones are better. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1643
    TimmyO said:
    Cancelled
    I did the same
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Amazon need to get a grip on these type of scams.   At a glance it looks reputable and it appears their protection would apply but if it doesn't then they shouldn't allow them.   
    At least with ebay scammers you can use paypal and ebay protection but I can see people with one click buy getting caught out by these very easily. 
    I bought it thinking great deal, impulse.

Cancelled a minute later thinking - get a grip you loon. Who sells a 335 for £500
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I was about to lose my shit at a 335 for £400.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    What's a bit confusing is the customer reviews that get appended are not necessarily for items from that seller - they are for the 'same item' wherever sold on Amazon. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    looks dodgy to me

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27900
    John_P said:
    Amazon need to get a grip on these type of scams.   
    Amazon will find their reputation is easily lost if they don't get these things sorted out.

they can't afford to be associated with defrauding their customer even if it's - technically - not something that they're actually selling.  It's being done through their website and under their branding.  The shit will stick in exactly the same way that eBay is held accountable for all the scammers that infest their site.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Amazon do have a limited guarantee on third party sellers and will usually try to help with a problem, at least initially, but it's nothing like the guarantee they have for Amazon sales or fulfilled by Amazon sales. We had a problem with a third party seller once and it wasn't resolved in our favour, despite the promises Amazon make. Had it been an Amazon sale it would have been resolved in minutes. There are apparently lots of 'get outs'.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/19/amazon-marketplace-purchases-not-covered-consumer-credit-act

At the end of the day though, if it's too good to be true it probably is! My guess is that these are fakes and any buyer will have a heck of job trying to prove that to Amazon to get a refund. To be honest, that's the one area Paypal fall short on as well.

All the prices have gone back up now. Do we all think it was a scam?