PSA: Amazon 2015 Les Paul Deluxe £665 SG £374 & 335 for £427 - SCAM :(

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• milambermilamber Frets: 118
    edited September 2016
    Not so much that prices have gone up - seller's items have all been removed by the look of it so the next cheapest price is displayed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bugger - sorry chaps :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This happens about once a month, I see crazy bargains, then some iffy 3rd partly seller with little to no feedback. You would get your money back, but I imagine it would be painful... 100% Scam.
  • On the subject of Gibson prices, not just on amazon; could there be price drops in new 2016 models as we approach the end the year,  now that the 2017's are forthcoming, or will they keep their value?

• Oddly, a friend of mine ordered a cheap SG from the above, and had the shop ring him from Germany to confirm the delivery address this morning (as he works at our local Police Headquarters and was having it delivered there) and he is pretty convinced it is kosher, so dunno. Time will tell I guess

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1396
    I wouldn't think many scammers even bother with a police HQ shipping address!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1643
    If it is legit I will feel like a prize tool for cancelling my order for a £450 335
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The question, if genuine, is why would they sell them so cheap? Can £374 for an SG standard make a profit, or brake even, for anyone??  The 2015's could be spectacularly unpopular in Germany? Or perhaps they have faults, blemishes, are a quality control lapse or have been returned etc?

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    My lp was a return. No idea why - I think it's awesome in every way! People, eh...?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• The question, if genuine, is why would they sell them so cheap? Can £374 for an SG standard make a profit, or brake even, for anyone??  The 2015's could be spectacularly unpopular in Germany? Or perhaps they have faults, blemishes, are a quality control lapse or have been returned etc?

I don't know. I must admit I can understand it more on the Deluxe and SG, but then @Sporky said that the 335 was meant to be a complete dog, returned twice, so it could just be that they are the real scrapings. I'll let you know what the SG is like if it does turn up

• Here's another German seller, 2016 T Studio Ebony for £509: