Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Danos again - Resonator - GORN

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I don't have any axe to grind here, and I like your (Jooky's) PSA's and any deal is worth sharing. However - now I'm looking at them, those links are amazon affiliate links aren't they? They have an affiliate ID in them 'tag=guitaquart' unless I am mistaken someone 'guitaquart' gets money from sales if people click your link don't they? Not trying to be an asshole here - just trying to understand whats going on?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChap said:
    @Exorcist said:
    Whilst I totally agree that was a rude and unnecessary post - it did make me wonder if they are affiliate links? In other words - does JookyChap make money if people click and then buy guitars? Not that I care, but IF its true (not saying it is) should that be mentioned in the post for full disclosure and all that?
    If I do, it is news to me, and there has been precious little sign of any cheques in the post :)
    Am I going mad - you have affiliate links in all your amazon links, even the ones you posted on my recent PSA thread where you repeated my link but added your affilate code? I don't really care, and I know your a popular and respected poster.. and I'm going to get shot down in flames by everyone.. but - you are making money if people buy from clicking on your links? Not sure why you would say your not, you can't do it by accident?

Sorry I have a problem where I have to itch a scratch even if it is unpopular.... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited September 2016
    @Exorcist If I have, I really don't know how and it is certainly not something I intended.  

I just go to a page and copy the url (though the dano ones have come via amazon emails - could it be that?)

I just tried it again with THIS - does that have one too?  Proper confused now

Edit: And no, you are being cool, I don't see you being flamed for asking

• Blimey, this once great forum has taken in some right knobheads in the past 12 months 

'Are you affiliated with Amazon'

'Get a job and stop spamming the forum with Amazon links'

Should we now require full disclosure for psa threads?

Are you two fucking retarded or what?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @jookychap its all good. I'm not sure if your serious or not, you can't accidentally sign up for the amazon affiliate program? :-) but hey, anything is possible. I didn't come here to rock the boat. I hope you keep posting deals regardless!!
  • Hmm, no it isn't all good - apparently you are right @Exorcist and I am a spammer-in-disguise. It seems in setting things up for GQ my ‘Marketing Manager’ set up an affiliate thing so that if people go from Amazon links in 4.52 it does exactly as you say and adds a tag.

To make this simple a browser add-on was installed so that it is always ‘on’ and when I’ve copied urls it automatically adds things to it, or they are there already (not really sure which) or something. So I never knew, but still did it, so gah.

Ho hum.

So apologies all around, not least to the enigmatic Donovan, whoever you really are, it was never my intention to make money out of this place (it's always felt more natural the other way around) and when I can find out what it has ‘earned’ from here I’ll make the appropriate donation to party funds. Sorry chaps, feeling quite emb. this morning.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3015
    I think as punishment you should go and join Son Of Jooky on his next extreme sporting endeavour. Word is that Parkour in stilletos is the big thing this autumn...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't been a member long, but can still tell that your contributions to the site far outweigh any accidental error like this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2983
    edited September 2016 tFB Trader
    Speaking for myself I don't care one bit, price is the same surely. Someone making a couple of quid is fine by me. Worry not Jookychap. Not zigackly worthy of Crimewatch : )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You live and learn..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• @DrBob said:
    I think as punishment you should go and join Son Of Jooky on his next extreme sporting endeavour. Word is that Parkour in stilletos is the big thing this autumn...
    I was just thinking 'so this is what  being a Tory feels like', so that would kinda be fitting.
    Stretches the calves too, of course

• No worries @jookychap. That explains it. No hard feelings, your obviously a huge contributor to this community, so forgetaboutit!! Now, if you can find me a deal on a nice firebird :-) 
  • @Exorcist said:
    No worries @jookychap. That explains it. No hard feelings, your obviously a huge contributor to this community, so forgetaboutit!! Now, if you can find me a deal on a nice firebird :-) 
    :) I think my deal hunting daze behind me (although if the modmins can change my moniker to JookyBot it will save me having to login)

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • milamber said:
    I haven't been a member long, but can still tell that your contributions to the site far outweigh any accidental error like this.
    I remember when I had only 83 frets, it seems like it was so long ago.