Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My Guitars

What's Hot
FellixFellix Frets: 27
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum so I would like to show everyone my main guitars.

The first guitar is my 1979 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe in Ebony. I only recently acquired this guitar after spending a couple of years trying to find the right Les Paul. I've made a few cosmetic changes to the guitar with the addition of the gold hardware and the black poker chip etc. With the value of the guitar only set to mature over the next few years, I wanted to make sure that anything I did to the guitar could be reverted. I always wanted a "Birth Year" Guitar, so when this guitar popped up I did a payment plan which was set to take me 6 months to pay it off. In the end I sold my beloved Subaru Impreza P1 and not only did I get this guitar, I got two more from this list. I love this guitar and it's got the perfect neck for my tastes. It's very close to a Fender "C" shape neck of the 90's and I love that.

Next we have my new 2016 American Fender Elite Stratocaster in "Skyburst" metallic. I saw this finish and I just had to get this Strat! I've wanted a genuine American Stratocaster for a few years now, as I built a MIM Strat into a Strat Plus replica using a genuine '94 Strat Plus neck. Anyway, the Elite Strat has the S2 switching an N3 noiseless pickups. I don't really care about all of these options, I like a simple Strat that has three single coils and an maple neck and board. Sadly this guitar isn't getting as much use as I would have thought, but when you get 3 brilliant guitars in a matter of weeks you kinda get spoilt rotten!

Finally we have a guitar (another Strat) that I have spent the last 3 years begging the owner who is a guitar collector to sell me. I thankfully put some money aside just incase this guitar would pop up for sale. Thankfully it did. It's a 2002 American Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS. Normally I don't like humbuckers on Strats unless "Charvel" is written on the headstock. This Strat is by far the most beautiful Strat I have seen on my life. The "Faded Cherry Sunburst" finish is my favorite finish for a Strat with abalone dot markers!. I don't know if this is an Ash or Alder guitar, but it's very light, Ibanez RG light which is crazy for a Fender Strat. I don't really like the humbucker if I am honest as it's just not in balance with the other pickups on this guitar. When I put this guitar next to my Elite Strat I can't help feeling like a total smug git who deserves to be punched and knocked down a peg or two! 

I do own a 3rd Strat and 4th guitar. It started life as a Mexican Fender Standard Stratocaster. I then installed all of the parts needed bar the modern tremolo system to make this guitar a Strat Plus. They were, '94 Strat Plus neck with LSR nut, Schaller Locking Tuners, Lace Sensor Gold Pickups, Fender TBX tone boost, High Mass Nickel Saddles. It stays in tune pretty well even when you use the vintage style tremolo system. It's a bloody heavy guitar and while it's a nice enough guitar, it's current locked away in a tweed Fender Strat case as I won't use the guitar every again. I don't really like Rosewood fingerboards and I don't want to make a Strat Plus out of my two American Strats as they are very much their own things.

Anyway those are my 4 guitars. I would like to get a Gibson SG and a Gibson Les Paul Custom (which I almost bought but got the Strat's instead!). You may have noticed my rig in the background, for those who are interested it is a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X running through a Victory Silverback 4x12" with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. I only use Boss FX pedals and current have these 7, TU-3, OD-1, DS-1, DC-3, PS-1, RV-5, DD-2. Some of them are genuine 80's made in Japan pedals and they work well with the music I enjoy playing. I hope you enjoy learning about my bits of gear and that I don't come across too much of a smug git!
2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3612
    Always nice to see what makes other guitarists happy. Some nice wood there.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Nice bunch....you need a right good tidy up though ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    Always loved the look of those Strat Pluses, even if yours is a replica!
  • FellixFellix Frets: 27
    Thanks for the comments. Yeah not much space in my tiny room, so it's pretty messy by the guitar and computer equipment end of my room. 

The Strat Plus was the first guitar I ever tried in a music shop, which was the reason I wanted to learn guitar after being allowed to strum on such an magical instrument. I'll be very honest and admit I am a massive Fender fanboy. I love Gibsons but Fenders just do it for me much more!
    2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    Love your practice amp! Now tidy your room!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Where's the Telecaster......?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Where's the Telecaster......?

I use to own a MIM Fender Tele but I just couldn't get on with it. I owned a Fender Jag-Stang as my only guitar for about 18 years, so when I tried a Tele I was too use to the short scale length my Jag-Stang offered at the time.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12722
    Nice Strat Plus replica! Imho, yours is better than the real thing - I can't bear two post trems and the pushfit arm on the real thing tended to have a bit too much free play. But, I know plenty of folks love them, so happy to be in the minority!! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Where's the Telecaster......?
    Yes, quite! ;)

Welcome aboard matey, nice gear! 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31925
    Love that Les Paul!
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited October 2016

very nice!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/sir-axeman/Mobile Uploads/20160307_191618_zpsr9tmasa3.jpg

this is my collection...all remain with me except the SG which I sold to fund the purchase of a Mesa Express 5:50 2x12.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    siraxeman said:

very nice!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/sir-axeman/Mobile Uploads/20160307_191618_zpsr9tmasa3.jpg

this is my collection...all remain with me except the SG which I sold to fund the purchase of a Mesa Express 5:50 2x12.

If you were ever sell the EVH Kramer, I would bite your hand off to get it as it is my favorite style of EVH guitar out there. I have wanted to get the "Mean Streets Guitar" Kramer EVH series as they look utterly amazing.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Welcome.
    I love the finish on the blue strat.
    ennspek said:
    Welcome.
    I love the finish on the blue strat.
    Which one? The Elite Strat is in Sky Burst Metallic Blue and the Strat Plus Replica is in Lake Placid Blue.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Fellix said:
    In the end I sold my beloved Subaru Impreza P1 

Not to worry, just get a haaaarse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Fellix said:
    siraxeman said:

very nice!

If you were ever sell the EVH Kramer, I would bite your hand off to get it as it is my favorite style of EVH guitar out there. I have wanted to get the "Mean Streets Guitar" Kramer EVH series as they look utterly amazing.

I simply bought a strat body (new 2 piece unfinished ) for about £90 then also bought a new banana headstock neck (not Kramer ) then had some guy who i found on Facebook that does the stripy paint jobs.....think he only charged about £90 ish to dothe paint job and assembly and set up!! I gladly paid him about  £150 and even then thought it was cheap! Hes just started posting pics of recent evh stripy jobs so if you want pm me and I'll put you on to him. Think buying a new schaller floyd, D tuner 2 pups and all the rest of the parts cost me about £675 all done. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2646
    Nice. Why do people obsess about Les Pauls, Strats and Teles? Guitarists really are a conservative bunch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yeah, some nice gear there!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

ewal said:
    Nice. Why do people obsess about Les Pauls, Strats and Teles? Guitarists really are a conservative bunch
    I don't think it's about being conservative. When something is right, it's right. 

I have a badly messed up lower back damage, which means I like to have a guitar that is comfortable to play as well as great tones and finally makes me want to pick it up and play it. I use to own a Fender Jag-Stang and Gibson Flying V , but after owning the Jag-Stang as my sole guitar for 18 years I needed a change. I do regret selling my Flying V and I do really want to get another one, as I would say they are my favorite shape guitar (well the '67 reissues) .

I'm in my late 30's now and I have had a lot of time to try out lots of different amps and guitars. It was 1998 when my then tutor at my 6th form let me use his original 1988 Marshall Silver Jubilee (black tolex version) and from that day onwards I wanted a Silver Jubilee of my own. Once the reissue came out I got myself one, even though there were modern changes made to it. I've always liked older things, be it with cars (I use to have a 1985 BMW Alpina C2 2.5), amps or guitars. You would never see me with some monstrosity made my BC Rich or Wylde Audio.
  • Where's the Telecaster......?
    There's always one isn't there......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom