Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    siraxeman said:

very nice!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/sir-axeman/Mobile Uploads/20160307_191618_zpsr9tmasa3.jpgthis is my collection...all remain with me except the SG which I sold to fund the purchase of a Mesa Express 5:50 2x12.

Looks like early symptoms.
    Come back when you need to  use panorama mode ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    Fellix said:
    ewal said:
    Nice. Why do people obsess about Les Pauls, Strats and Teles? Guitarists really are a conservative bunch
    I don't think it's about being conservative. When something is right, it's right. 

I have a badly messed up lower back damage, which means I like to have a guitar that is comfortable to play as well as great tones and finally makes me want to pick it up and play it. I use to own a Fender Jag-Stang and Gibson Flying V , but after owning the Jag-Stang as my sole guitar for 18 years I needed a change. I do regret selling my Flying V and I do really want to get another one, as I would say they are my favorite shape guitar (well the '67 reissues) .

I'm in my late 30's now and I have had a lot of time to try out lots of different amps and guitars. It was 1998 when my then tutor at my 6th form let me use his original 1988 Marshall Silver Jubilee (black tolex version) and from that day onwards I wanted a Silver Jubilee of my own. Once the reissue came out I got myself one, even though there were modern changes made to it. I've always liked older things, be it with cars (I use to have a 1985 BMW Alpina C2 2.5), amps or guitars. You would never see me with some monstrosity made my BC Rich or Wylde Audio.
    if you haven't tried,  a PRS hollowbody or a Forshage  would be  worth a try, @octatonic  is an authority on this issue
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Fellix is actually 'Felix'.....  Nice guitars but did I say that it's 'Felix' and not 'Fellix'? 
  • FellixFellix Frets: 27
    Wolfetone said:
    Fellix is actually 'Felix'.....  Nice guitars but did I say that it's 'Felix' and not 'Fellix'? 
    The username "Felix' was already taken by another user. I spoke to a staff member who knows me on the Chapman forum and asked if me using "Fellix" (which I use for my PSN: Fellix79) would cause a problem and they said I was ok. 
    2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5108
    edited October 2016
    Fellix said: The first guitar is my 1979 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe in Ebony. With the value of the guitar only set to mature over the next few years...
    Welcome aboard. We love an optimist on here!   ;)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fellix said: The first guitar is my 1979 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe in Ebony. With the value of the guitar only set to mature over the next few years...
    Welcome aboard. We love an optimist on here!   ;)

I'm not expecting it to really go up by a crazy amount tbh. I know the Deluxe was never / will never be a guitar that has the same value as a "proper" Les Paul does. The price which I got the guitar as was really good which means I will not lose anything if I am forced to sell the guitar on before "we" both hit 40 in a few years time. 

It's got a tone and playability to it I was never expecting. It's a nice weight for me and it's really the first Les Paul I've owned where the stars aligned and I was finally able to have a Les Paul I could fully enjoy.
    2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12510
    edited October 2016
    Nice collection. I'm fairly sure the HSS strat is ash. I looked at buying the SSS version at one time, a local guitar shop had one in crimson stain. ( Fender did a really lovely teal version too).  It hung on the shop wall for years and he eventually reduced it to something like I could afford. When I went back to try it out the shop had gone bust and closed down. Gah! I'm not too keen on the abalone dots but they usually play beautifully, those particular ones got a lot of extra fettling on the frets before they were sent out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Nice collection. I'm fairly sure the HSS strat is ash. I looked at buying the SSS version at one time, a local guitar shop had one in crimson stain. ( Fender did a really lovely teal version too).  It hung on the shop wall for years and he eventually reduced it to something like I could afford. When I went back to try it out the shop had gone bust and closed down. Gah! I'm not too keen on the abalone dots but they usually play beautifully, those particular ones got a lot of extra fettling on the frets before they were sent out. 
    I thought it was Ash, but I couldn't remember why I was thinking that. 

The guitar does play nice, but I don't like how it jumps in volume when you select the bridge position on it's on. I prefer the middle+bridge which gives a really different tone to what I am use to on a Fender Strat. I think it's a really nice guitar to play on and the older C shape profile is one I am really use to thankfully.
  • Nice little collection 
  • siraxeman said:

very nice!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/sir-axeman/Mobile Uploads/20160307_191618_zpsr9tmasa3.jpg

this is my collection...all remain with me except the SG which I sold to fund the purchase of a Mesa Express 5:50 2x12.

Cool little collection mate