SOLO of the Month #20 - Chat

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
edited October 2016 in Making Music
This is the 20th SOLO of the Month (SotM) Challenge, being run by @Antique_Guitars and @TTony

We give you a new backing track to solo over every month. The backing track will be a maximum of 1.5mins long. 

You download the track from our soundcloud page, record your solo over the top of it and then submit it to us.

Challenge #18 is now open, and remains open for submissions until 24th October. 
Voting opens on the 25th of the month, and closes on the last day of the month, when the winner will be announced.

Send your tracks to solos@theFB.co.uk 

The tracks will be uploaded to our SoundCloud account and saved in a playlist that will be linked below

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/sotm-20-2016-10

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ooooh, nice backing track @stratman3142 ;
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    Schweet :)
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I know it might be a daft question but.........must it be an electric guitar solo? Can it be bass guitar?
  • paul_c2 said:
    I know it might be a daft question but.........must it be an electric guitar solo? Can it be bass guitar?
    It can be any instrument really 
    Old Is Gold
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3095
    Nice track - very difficult to resist full on widdling so far. Hopefully something will emerge that's worth recording.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• When I click the Soundcloud logo for the backing track nothing happens. IOs there some magic sauce I need to use?
  • When I click the Soundcloud logo for the backing track nothing happens. IOs there some magic sauce I need to use?
    Did you mouse over the orange circle with the play triangle in it?  If not, that's where you have to click.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Submitted.  Enjoyed that, great backing!
  • Sent in, Multi-Guitarist Simulating type thingy.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 43
    Sent, hope the spam filter doesn't eat it.
  • Some interesting ideas, taking it in directions I wouldn't have foreseen.

@Antique_Guitars the original backing track seems to have gone, just in case anyone else wants to have a go, Unless it's just on my computer that I can't see it.
    It's not a competition.
  • Thanks for the heads up, it did end up in the spam bin again, rescued it now 
    Old Is Gold
    What is it about your spam bin, does it have a 'music quality' feature, and so it's my crap playing which triggers it ;-)
    @Antique_Guitars the original backing track seems to have gone, just in case anyone else wants to have a go, Unless it's just on my computer that I can't see it.
    I can see it on Soundcloud, in case that's useful to anyone the url is:

• paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I've just sent mine in. Its my first time, I know there's flaws both in the composition, playing and recording etc but I left them in. It was a tricky one (personally for me) to find some inspiration but eventually I got a few bars down. Some of it is planned, and some (verse 2) I just decided to keep recording a few takes and improvise and see what happens - got something nice on the 4th take.

The different "voices" are all simply produced by different volume control settings to blend the pickups. Although I recorded it piecemeal, it should be quite possible to play it all in one go, probably by someone better than me. Oh, and its a bass guitar solo (try not to let it put you off!) using a Fender Jazz copy.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    sent

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Sent

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

Sorry guys, I've just sent another mix of the same solo, I just listened back to the mp3 I sent before and it's really muffled for some reason, use the new one I've sent if you don't mind.  Since the first one hasn't made it on to the playlist yet, I'm hoping that won't cause you too many problems.

Thanks, Max
    IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?  :-)
    Come on boys did you get my first solo, can you change it for the second solo, will either of them appear in the playlist anytime soon? Has the spam filter got more musical sense than me and actually eaten my email post, still only two songs showing?  Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today.  (and for bonus points where does that quote come from?)
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2206
    edited October 2016
    maxd said:
    IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?  :-)
    Come on boys did you get my first solo, can you change it for the second solo, will either of them appear in the playlist anytime soon? Has the spam filter got more musical sense than me and actually eaten my email post, still only two songs showing?  Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today.  (and for bonus points where does that quote come from?)
    I think @Antique_Guitars will probably get around to it when he gets time. The best way to get someone's attention is to type the @ symbol followed by their forum name.

It's not a competition.