SOLO of the Month #20 - Chat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I don't mind a little delay, so long as it gets sorted etc by the deadline and voting. Hopefully Antique_Guitars checks this thread occasionally and will reconcile those who have posted on it, with the emails received. I did mine well before the deadline because I was putting it off and off, so decided to just do it one evening and send it in early. If there's any issues, let me know and I can re-send it though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yo people I am going to do it today, I have a list of all the entries just been struggling for time because of work and had to help my friend move to Inverness. Don't fear! 
    Old Is Gold
  • I think I will probably ask someone else to take over running the challenges come the new year because I have changed my job and I'm under a lot of stress. I can unfortunately give enough time to it these days so I think it would probably benefit more from someone with a bit more time and passion to run it.
    Old Is Gold
  • @stratman3142 not sure why the backing track disappeared but its back up now
    Old Is Gold
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    There's no rush for any of this @Antique_Guitars ; it's not the end of the world if the comps run late.  Thanks for running these and I hope things smooth out for you in the near future
    Thanks for posting up the latest set of entries. I also recorded the "isolated bass" (bass is doing the soloing...) track and put it onto my own Soundcloud, I'm not 100% sure but I can't see it being against the rules or giving any advantage (I'm not expecting to win!!!) so here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/user-653316815/sotm-oct-2016-isolated-bass
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 43
    maxd said:
    IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?  :-)
    Come on boys did you get my first solo, can you change it for the second solo, will either of them appear in the playlist anytime soon? Has the spam filter got more musical sense than me and actually eaten my email post, still only two songs showing?  Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today.  (and for bonus points where does that quote come from?)
    I think @Antique_Guitars will probably get around to it when he gets time. The best way to get someone's attention is to type the @ symbol followed by their forum name.

Thanks for the tip about the @ symbol.  

My last email had been put in spam so I was not sure if the same thing had happened to my second email, and since normally replies come quickly I thought my communiqués were going astray since there was no reply.

So, @Antique_Guitars there's no rush for anything, and thanks for all the work you're doing.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    Sent mine in. Enjoyed the backing track, thanks @stratman3142! I don't feel I've done it justice but was feeling uninspired generally this month.

Looks like we've got a reasonable number of entries this month too, which is nice to see. Just waiting for @ChrisRG the last minute hero :-)

Also @stratman3142, are we going to hear your interpretation?
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2224
    edited October 2016
    markv said:
    ...Also @stratman3142, are we going to hear your interpretation?
    I don't plan to enter this month, as I did the backing track and it's difficult to make the time.

I'd like to say I'm too busy owing to my hectic rock and roll lifestyle, but the truth is I'm having to clear a room because we're having a new carpet fitted.

It's not a competition.
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Working on it @markv :) . Swapping garage tidying and loft boarding for music tomorrow!! 
    markv said:
    I don't plan to enter this month, as I did the backing track and it's difficult to make the time.

I'd like to say I'm too busy owing to my hectic rock and roll lifestyle, but the truth is I'm having to clear a room because we're having a new carpet fitted.

If you throw the TV out the window during clearing the room, you could make the carpet fitting a bit more rock and roll?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2 said:
    markv said:

If you throw the TV out the window during clearing the room, you could make the carpet fitting a bit more rock and roll?
    I'm having to be very ruthless in what I throw away, but that approach is probably a bit too extreme.

I can't bring myself the throw away the following two items I found, with sincere apologies for defacing Bert.

http://i.imgur.com/UaiwNT9.png
    It's not a competition.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    @stratman3142 - I found a range of "Rock N Roll" carpet if that's any help?

http://www.alternativeflooring.com/collection/wool/rock_n_roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3108
    I'm not going to have anything I'd be happy with this month :(
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Sent.

Kept it short to limit your suffering. 

• ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Mines in.  Last minute and really rough round the edges as usual.
  • Entry closed
    Old Is Gold
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 43
    Wow, huge difference in mix volumes this month.