They're here!!! :) Don't ignore and play - Any info on this please Strat

What's Hot

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    You're last ^
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Look along the length of the guitar, from the bridge to the headstock, is the neck aligned with the straight run the strings take? Also, look at the area where the body and neck meet, is this neat and tidy? If either of these are suspect, then its possible its a fake. No serial number means the value cannot be put at the same as a USA Fender Strat. We'd really need to see plenty of detailed pics, but it doesn't look brilliant.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm assuming when you say "watermark" you mean "logo"?
    Yes, logo - thanks @paul_c2.  I can't look down the neck etc. though. I don't have the guitar, I only have the pics.  Trying to get these on to some pic-housing thing etc. (Technology just isn't my gig)
    Aaaaah ok no worries. I guess you could ask your friend to.....
    thebreeze said:
    I can't see one - not on the neck plate.  Would it be anywhere else?
    On a Corona built USA one it would either be on the face, or rear of the headstock.

Do the pickups have 'Noiseless' written on them?

The puzzler is the tuners - old style ones have split posts (the originals were made by Kluson) - Corona period ones were generally cast-bodied ones branded 'Fender' or Sperzel locking ones.

I'm intrigued.

Any pics?
    Neither front or rear of headstock.

The pickups do have noiseless written on them - and look normal for that.

I agree re tuners.

I just don't agree with pics on moral grounds (big lol for that one RH)
  • RaveRave Frets: 268
    edited October 2016
    California Strat American Deluxe Strat from around 2003/4.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jury's out still but go on, you're second ^
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    thebreeze said:
    Jury's out still but go on, you're second ^
    In the absence of pics, could you borrow the guitar for a few days and courier it to each of us, so we can have a closer look?

Thanks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    For the pics, just use Imgur, even if you don't post them direct, upload then to a gallery and put the link here. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6415
    Just f*cking press the <Attach image/file> button, browse your PC and upload them without tossing about with web hosting FFS !!!!!!!!! :p

;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 444
    The little extra hole on the neck plate is for "micro tilt " adjusting the neck angle without the need for shimming. My mid 80 MIJ Fenders have it as did an American Strat I used to own from the same period.  Another tell tale, is the body contouring quite chunky not as sleek as a reissue or vintage style strat? That's also the style of US Strats made after Fender restarted American production. Don't know if any of this helps? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73037
    No serial number and a strange combination of features sounds like a parts-o-caster made from bits of different Fenders, so it's going to be very hard to identify without pics... sorry.

It's clearly something fairly modern though, so the value is almost certainly in the £300-£500 range.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73037
    Some of this might help narrow it down…

Truss rod access hole - is it surrounded by black plastic, or wood?

Hardware - gold or chrome?

How many pivot posts on the bridge - two or six?

Fingerboard dots - black or pearl?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Jalapeno said:
    Just f*cking press the <Attach image/file> button, browse your PC and upload them without tossing about with web hosting FFS !!!!!!!!! :p

;)
    Not sure you can if you've got Apple stuff - probably possible on a PC.

(All the buff in the "how to post pics" says it needs to be "hosted on-line" somewhere else too).
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17884
    tFB Trader
    Is the thread title written in lisp?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Most people won't get this.

This isn't LISP but it's a similar idea: http://thedailywtf.com/articles/what-you-don-t-see

Most people won't get this.

This isn't LISP but it's a similar idea: http://thedailywtf.com/articles/what-you-don-t-see
    And also: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/2cbyut/programming_during_the_cold_war/
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited October 2016
    thebreeze said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Just f*cking press the <Attach image/file> button, browse your PC and upload them without tossing about with web hosting FFS !!!!!!!!! p

Not sure you can if you've got Apple stuff - probably possible on a PC.

(All the buff in the "how to post pics" says it needs to be "hosted on-line" somewhere else too). 
    This has nothing to with a member's computer type - you simply can't 'upload' to forums like this, which can only display from a link (not house*) pics/vids and so there has to be a URL - hence the  <Attach image/file> button specifically requires a URL.

*The issue is about board storage capacity, security access, and potential misuse.  Although administrators with admin rights to the forum software can allocate some 'board' space to upload/directly house certain items, this facility is not normally made available to members simply because the housing space would almost instantly be used up, and this has to be paid for.  Although I've directly uploaded/housed some technical manuals on Valvetronix.net this was via my administrator rights/authorised access to the boards system, not as a member. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320

At first I thought you were accusing him of being an effeminate, limp wristed sissy.