They're here!!! :) Don't ignore and play - Any info on this please Strat

What's Hot

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1770

Anyone else read the description in a voice like Henry Kelly on Going for Gold?

Just me?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3697
    Is this it?

Image result for stupid stratocaster

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubble said:

Anyone else read the description in a voice like Henry Kelly on Going for Gold?

Just me?

Gunter..... What am I? 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    Neil said:
    Is this it?

Image result for stupid stratocaster

Looks close.

I reckon @Rave is right personally.

Pics are coming - but very, very slowly (you didn't realise?).  I know you're all really interested in all this - My friend is trying to get round to putting them on Dropbox.  I've managed to get them on my Macbook but there's something about Apple and Dropbox that isn't an easy blend.  Meanwhile why don't you all do some practise - you'll be John McLaughlin by the time this is sorted.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31147

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73037
    thebreeze said:

I've managed to get them on my Macbook but there's something about Apple and Dropbox that isn't an easy blend.
    Not sure why… it works perfectly for me.

If you've got them on the Macbook you should be able to put them straight on imgur anyway - go to imgur.com, click on 'new post', and drag the images into the box. Wait for it to load them copy the link.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Don't tell me I don't treat you right................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13043950@N00/

• paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    My thoughts are unchanged - without the all-important serial number, I'd not touch it. Did you notice the neck plate has the hole for the tilt neck, but there is no corresponding hole in the body - the paint colour shows through the plate's hole.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    I'd lay money on that being a Strat of unknown origin.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So it's a partscaster?  Does it have any value at all?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    I'd have money on the neck not being Fender - definitely a Partscaster. Some parts may be Fender - but definitely not a Fender guitar....
    The neck is a Mexican Fender. The black plastic truss rod hole surround positively identifies that - it's not used on any other series or any fakes I that know of.

The neckplate is from a USA Fender but the body is not, as already said the neck-tilt mechanism which corresponds with the hole is missing. It *may* also be Mexican Fender but it's hard to tell. It will most likely have a 6-screw bridge under the cover.

The pickups are USA Fender Noiseless. The pickguard doesn't look like a USA one, and the black knobs aren't original.

So at best it's a partscaster with some USA and some Mexican parts. Pics of the body with the pickguard off would help to identify that, if you have access to it and you can be bothered.

I'll stand by my original value guess, but in the lower half of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thanks everyone - for all your patience and knowledge - really helpful.  Fun playing too.  

I guess @ICBM won.  Doesn't he always win these kinds of things?
    thebreeze said:

I guess @ICBM won.  Doesn't he always win these kinds of things?
    Not yet I didn't. Or if I did, someone else gets the prize :).

I do this sort of thing for a job when someone brings an unknown guitar into the shop, so it's a bit unfair of me to play… ;)

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Sort out those string ends. That's a health and safety hazard. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    Because the neck is pale (apart from the face of the headstock) and has two string trees I think it's a Squier Strat that's had the original decals rubbed off and Fender ones added with a tinted lacquer sprayed on top. As somebody's obviously added a few nice bits to it, I'd estimate it to be worth 150-180 quid if I'm correct.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7896
    Remove the pickguard and show a photo of the cavities and/or the neck pocket. That will help identify the body.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Is the thread title written in lisp?
    Yeth
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sort out those string ends. That's a health and safety hazard. 
    @olafgarten , bringing the responsibility of health and safety to rock 'n' roll.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9712
    Hells bells !

Who has restrung this ? Shocking job !