Like totally! All Zappa's studio estate up for sale!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6415
    Zappa wars are continuing, apparently latest round is aimed a stopping Dweezil using the Zappa name ..... :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm very tempted by that heavily modded Electric 12. I expect the price will eventually go through the roof...
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2177
    Jalapeno said:
    Zappa wars are continuing, apparently latest round is aimed a stopping Dweezil using the Zappa name ..... :/
    http://www.jambase.com/article/dweezil-zappa-takes-aim-zappa-family-trust-tour-merchandise

It's all a bit sad really. I can imagine that the last thing Frank would've wanted would  be for his children to be squabbling amongst themselves. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Sad. 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    A lot of my favourite music was recorded in that strat.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    I'm betting Thanksgiving Dinner around the Zappa family table isn't going to be a lot of laughs.
  • I'd rather remember him for his brilliant guitar playing, novel approach to composing and performing and just being himself at all times.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31147
    I had to laugh at the estimated prices. The Mutron Biphase at $200? LOL.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Interesting to see the Hofner bass on there that Roy Estrada played in The Mothers. Wouldn't mind that.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Jalapeno said:
    Silver linings.

I'd love to own several of those pieces. The yellow Strat for one but with the current bid at $27,500 not much of a reality, eh.